2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey gents, the Swans have a trial game against Redcliffe tomorrow. Hoping to get a better gauge of where we are against a side that is closer to our level than Kedron were

Based on how the Saints went against them, they could be in for a long year in the div above. How did you guys go against Kedron mate? They are well drilled and even across the board arent they.

Based on how the Saints went against them, they could be in for a long year in the div above. How did you guys go against Kedron mate? They are well drilled and even across the board arent they.
Oh how I'll miss my tagger mate that used to follow me around against the Tigers. Always good to have a mobile shade provider ha ha

I hope the Tigers do well as they were a good bunch. It will be tough by the sounds of some of the reports.

We're up to Alex. Hills tomorrow so hoping for a good run in the legs.

On a serious note for a change. We suffered an horrendous injury today which left a player with a broken leg (literally at a right angle). Firstly to the UQ player involved in the marking contest that lead to the injury. From what we understand UQ player was fairly shook up by the incident but accidents happen. Carrara Football Club certainly has no malice but rather thank you for your quick response in getting help onto the ground. To all the UQ players who showed genuine concern for Woody we thank you. Secondly, a big thanks to Gary Ablett (yes that one) who happened to be walking through the car park. Gaz dropped what he was doing and ran back to Metricon to track down someone who had a key to side gates to allow ambulance onto ground. A credit to the community. He could have easily pointed us in a direction but chose to do it himself.

On a sour note.....to the gutless piece of s**t who represented Surfers today. Do you think you are a man strutting around calling us "a bunch of *******s" who have "already had a ******* carted to hospital". Gutless performance by someone who was continually second to the ball and then tried to king hit KP from behind. What goes around comes around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that cob, hope they are ok and well done to the boys who helped out.. Always a terrible thing to have happen.

On a serious note for a change. We suffered an horrendous injury today which left a player with a broken leg (literally at a right angle). Firstly to the UQ player involved in the marking contest that lead to the injury. From what we understand UQ player was fairly shook up by the incident but accidents happen. Carrara Football Club certainly has no malice but rather thank you for your quick response in getting help onto the ground. To all the UQ players who showed genuine concern for Woody we thank you. Secondly, a big thanks to Gary Ablett (yes that one) who happened to be walking through the car park. Gaz dropped what he was doing and ran back to Metricon to track down someone who had a key to side gates to allow ambulance onto ground. A credit to the community. He could have easily pointed us in a direction but chose to do it himself.
Have always considered UQ to be a decent bunch who just love playing footy and from this account it sounds like they were once again well represented.

In regards to Gary Ablett, I have met him a few time (I've coached him through some areas of his game) and he has always been more than generous with his time and a very good bloke. Yes he gets paid a lot but he earns every cent.

Sorry to hear that Surfers player was mouthing off (slightly confused about who you were playing- UQ or Surfers) but there's no need for that IMO.

For the Magpies, great signs today against Alex Hills and only a brief laps in both games effecting the result. On a positive note we had our first "mini function" at our almost built clubrooms tonight with the presentation of our new guernsey and I must say it is going to be an awesome place to stay for an ale and a chat!

On a sour note.....to the gutless piece of s**t who represented Surfers today. Do you think you are a man strutting around calling us "a bunch of *******s" who have "already had a ******* carted to hospital". Gutless performance by someone who was continually second to the ball and then tried to king hit KP from behind. What goes around comes around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey cob stop being a sook. Your not the first or last team that cops a terrible injury . Just deal with like everyone else and stop being a clown! Your a massive sook wah wah you suck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF both coaching and player groups were side by side all day, wasn't a harsh word spoken , would of thought rather than throw rocks on this forum you could have addressed your complaint in person if you thought it was so serious , obviously you have no swingers between you legs ( Balls )Not good being a Spineless goose making foolish statement while hiding under a rock when you had an opportunity to address your issue and didn't.

WTF both coaching and player groups were side by side all day, wasn't a harsh word spoken , would of thought rather than throw rocks on this forum you could have addressed your complaint in person if you thought it was so serious , obviously you have no swingers between you legs ( Balls )Not good being a Spineless goose making foolish statement while hiding under a rock when you had an opportunity to address your issue and didn't.
Hate to say it Cobra but it does appear that this is not the first time I have heard that you are very vocal behind a keyboard/text message.

Maybe just some feedback to take on board.

Last week against Kedron was a real struggle. Our 22 for the second game only had 6 blokes from last year's squad in it so we may take a while to gel but every time we seemed to make a mistake against the Red Leggers, they would bomb it in to there 3 massive units in the forward line and were having a shot at goal. Tried to avoid looking at the scoreboard late in the game but it was a hefty margin in the end.

Yesterday against Redcliffe was a much better performance. We got up by about 12 goals in the first game (good 4 quarter effort) and got up by about 8 goals in the second game (didn't really get going until halfway through the second quarter). Looking forward to making the trek down to Dreamworld and taking on the Magpies in 2 weeks time and playing some real footy.

Not sure of the quality of Div 2 but I think it could be a long year for Redcliffe based on what we came up against last week compared to yesterday's game.

Was at yesterdays game by accident and its well documented about my hatred of the Saints on here but must admit that Demon sheilas seemed to hit from behind at every opportunity they could. King hit on junior Powe was a dogs act. Some people may have a crack at Cobra and the keyboard, me included, but IMO dogs act coming from behind.

I'm aware the Saints played UQ, but that was a 12 pm game. Im guessing the Surfers boys played at 2pm against another opponent?

UQ 1's v Mayne 1's - Lost by 6 goals
UQ 2's v Mayne 2's - Won by 14 goals
UQ 3's at Ipswich Lightning Carnival
UQ 4's at Ipswich Lightning Carnival
UQ 5's v Carrara 2's

Only know scores from the first two games though.

Any ideas for a bloke who's about 40 looking to play footy after 5 year break? He was a good player in Vic. and still reasonably fit with a competitive streak. He's wondering about Masters vs Div 3/4 SEQAFL. He's worried Masters is too much like Auskick but maybe he's too old for Div3/4.

Any ideas for a bloke who's about 40 looking to play footy after 5 year break? He was a good player in Vic. and still reasonably fit with a competitive streak. He's wondering about Masters vs Div 3/4 SEQAFL. He's worried Masters is too much like Auskick but maybe he's too old for Div3/4.

Welcome to sunny Qld mate.

I have seen many late 30's to early 40's players play in this division and some have done very well at senior level. I would say they are more the exception than the rule though. Most that I know play ressies but it certainly comes down to the individual.

What area are you in?

Welcome to sunny Qld mate.

I have seen many late 30's to early 40's players play in this division and some have done very well at senior level. I would say they are more the exception than the rule though. Most that I know play ressies but it certainly comes down to the individual.

What area are you in?
It's not me. I'm way too old for even masters. He'll probably be living northside Brisbane starting May. Given what you said, I reckon masters might be the go- unless he finds it too tame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back