2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to note Al Corrie named on team sheet yet working in WA - bit of smoke and mirrors for finals morro or genuine mistake ;)

How are the blokes that went to PHC going from the buffs?

Has the bloke who was going to win the league B&F played yet?

Nambour need to go to PHC suggests Watto should not get online after a night out at the tool shed in the cross..

This comp has a history of teams finishing on top and not winning the gf over the last 5 years so I wouldnt be getting carried away just yet... Nambour the benchmark but long way to go...

Yeah...He plays for Nambour, #51.

Absolutely dominated the start of this season

Interesting to note Al Corrie named on team sheet yet working in WA - bit of smoke and mirrors for finals morro or genuine mistake ;)

How are the blokes that went to PHC going from the buffs?

Has the bloke who was going to win the league B&F played yet?

Nambour need to go to PHC suggests Watto should not get online after a night out at the tool shed in the cross..

This comp has a history of teams finishing on top and not winning the gf over the last 5 years so I wouldnt be getting carried away just yet... Nambour the benchmark but long way to go...

Regarding Al, I have no idea about team sheets mate, and had a wedding on saturday afternoon. I dont believe he played though.

Out of the 3 blokes that went to PHC, 2 are playing seniors and 1 of them has kicked big bags in the ressies (2 bags of 6 in the praccy matches and had something like 10 shots on the weekend and is line for a call up, from the coach's mouth so not piss talk. Kind of craps on Smy's opinion that Div 3 players cant play PHC.

Agree about nambour and besides them last year, teams change dramatically in this div from the early rounds til later in the year. Its annoying but it happens every year.

id agree that some players have what it takes to play PHC but dont think as a general rule that a "team" would be competitive.

challenges regarding depth are interesting - where do you get ur players from? very few clubs have juniors (logan and Beenleigh the exception I know of), and its hard relying on guys turning up out of the blue.

we've been through the good old days of ringing mates of mates on a saturday morning to turn up and as much of a laugh as it is, its bloody hard to plan around!

id agree that some players have what it takes to play PHC but dont think as a general rule that a "team" would be competitive.

challenges regarding depth are interesting - where do you get ur players from? very few clubs have juniors (logan and Beenleigh the exception I know of), and its hard relying on guys turning up out of the blue.

we've been through the good old days of ringing mates of mates on a saturday morning to turn up and as much of a laugh as it is, its bloody hard to plan around!

Yeah I agree, no team in Div 3 would be even close to competitive but plenty of individuals would be capable.

Regarding juniors, we dont have 18's which is the real feeder and have tried 2 years in a row to get a team off the ground without success.

It blows me away that more resources arent put into it, I know growing up in Vic, we all aspired to play senior footy for our club and it was a massive thrill as a 16 or so year old getting the call up.

Ah the memories :D

Not as bad as the chooks, did Redcliffe really have a 14 goal 2nd term against the chooks? :/

Nambour should be in the PHC. Seriously enough is enough, stop causing this league pain. One team should not have 57 scoring shots. s364376 say what you want...

Well actually Watto, Calamvale are worse than the Roosters as they lost to the Chooks by 48 points in round 2.

Also, I heard that a club up there folded so Nambour got some new players. This was clear as their ressies had some senior players from last year down there.

I heard that one team will have to go up next year as Div 2 are looking to get rid of the bye. Atm it looks like Nambour will win the premiership and they will be forced to go up, whether they like it or not. That's just what I heard though, don't know if it's true.

100% agree mate - just bc you don't have half your side out on the piss the night before a match doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to play in this comp. Watto - FFS, you should know better than to say something so dense. if Nambour played with that side in the PHC on thr weekend they would have lost by 20 goals! Maybe a division up but not 2 thanks.

Bottom line is they are well coached, have created a good environment for players to want to come and play a half decent standard of footy at and do things well. The most a bloke would get paid at that football club is a few bucks for an award or a few beers by a well meaning supporter. Player budget would be lucky to get to 4 figures. Stop bitching you sooks and just get better.

I will happily stand corrected on the no payment situation, shows they have a contented list. I hear they are well coached and their record would support this. What I don't get is people react to any post with emotional language such as sooks, bitching, sweety etc when a flat 'no' could've removed any doubt quicker. Anyway good luck to Nambour, I saw them play last year and was very impressed. Surprised to hear Beenleigh are struggling for numbers

100% agree mate - just bc you don't have half your side out on the piss the night before a match doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to play in this comp. Watto - FFS, you should know better than to say something so dense. if Nambour played with that side in the PHC on thr weekend they would have lost by 20 goals! Maybe a division up but not 2 thanks.

Bottom line is they are well coached, have created a good environment for players to want to come and play a half decent standard of footy at and do things well. The most a bloke would get paid at that football club is a few bucks for an award or a few beers by a well meaning supporter. Player budget would be lucky to get to 4 figures. Stop bitching you sooks and just get better.

So very true, I am involve with at PHC level and Nambour would not handle that level, as previously stated most were Maroochy twos players. The difference between the teams in Div 3 is coaching and attitude. Attitude to get numbers to training and stay off the piss on a friday night and coaching requires more than motivation from a club stalward it's about teaching a game plan and structure. Nambour is a long way in front in both areas in my opinion. They are not a social club like some.:thumbsu:

It amazes me that when ever a team is doing well every one points the finger at the club and says everyone is getting paid with no proof, happened to us last year (coomera) and had the rumours of Beenliegh forking out 5k a week in payments and now they lost their good players because they cant afford to pay (could be true but I dont rerally give a s**t, not what I'm getting at). Now it's Nambours turn.

Did anyone think maybe they are just a well run club who manages their players well? Maybe the club provides a environment that players want to be involved in? From what I've seen Nambour is a great club and we at Coomera have nothing but respect for them on and off the field. They play the game well and FAIR and are good blokes. As a new club we sat back and said they are a great example of what Coomera should aim to become.

Think it might be time for everyone to worry about there own clubs, if you are loosing ask your selves "what are we doing wrong?" instead of blaming the opposition. If you cant keep players ask your selves "could we change something to make them stay?" Money is not the answer and causes more trouble then its worth.

We play Nambour this week and I cant wait for the challenge.

And to confirm this years premier will be forced to move into div 2 unless they knock it back and another team volunteers to move up. :thumbsu:

So very true, I am involve with at PHC level and Nambour would not handle that level, as previously stated most were Maroochy twos players. The difference between the teams in Div 3 is coaching and attitude. Attitude to get numbers to training and stay off the piss on a friday night and coaching requires more than motivation from a club stalward it's about teaching a game plan and structure. Nambour is a long way in front in both areas in my opinion. They are not a social club like some.:thumbsu:

You hit the nail on the head with the attitude point, players getting to training without the little excuses to not make it! The higher divisions rightly attract those willing to put everything aside to keep sharpening the tools of their trade. Regardless of lopsided competions, they happen everywhere, look at the AFL, the 2 sides that joined the comp last year may have an 'era' and if the bar is set high the comp can only get stronger

rb1723;23970108 Also said:
we only got 1 player from caloundra, who actually played his juniors at nambour. our team is vastly different from last year as anyone can tell by looking at our team sheet, only 10 players from last years grand final team are still playing, due to moving away for work ect...

At the start of the season we were struggling a little bit for players, but like all teams as the season starts we got more players come in. and for the first time ever we have actually had to leave players out of the reserves which is a great sign for the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well actually Watto, Calamvale are worse than the Roosters as they lost to the Chooks by 48 points in round 2.

Also, I heard that a club up there folded so Nambour got some new players. This was clear as their ressies had some senior players from last year down there.

I heard that one team will have to go up next year as Div 2 are looking to get rid of the bye. Atm it looks like Nambour will win the premiership and they will be forced to go up, whether they like it or not. That's just what I heard though, don't know if it's true.

Rumour is that Caboolture are very keen to go up next year, regardless of where they finish, as the equestrian centre is being extended into their space and a state of the art, AFL oval, with full gym and other facilities will be built for them, and they will suck the life out of surrounding clubs. Nambour declined the invitation to go up a div, will miss the boat now and when their glory days are gone, will be an also ran div 3 side.

It amazes me that when ever a team is doing well every one points the finger at the club and says everyone is getting paid with no proof, happened to us last year (coomera) and had the rumours of Beenliegh forking out 5k a week in payments and now they lost their good players because they cant afford to pay (could be true but I dont rerally give a s**t, not what I'm getting at). Now it's Nambours turn.

Did anyone think maybe they are just a well run club who manages their players well? Maybe the club provides a environment that players want to be involved in? From what I've seen Nambour is a great club and we at Coomera have nothing but respect for them on and off the field. They play the game well and FAIR and are good blokes. As a new club we sat back and said they are a great example of what Coomera should aim to become.

Think it might be time for everyone to worry about there own clubs, if you are loosing ask your selves "what are we doing wrong?" instead of blaming the opposition. If you cant keep players ask your selves "could we change something to make them stay?" Money is not the answer and causes more trouble then its worth.

We play Nambour this week and I cant wait for the challenge.

And to confirm this years premier will be forced to move into div 2 unless they knock it back and another team volunteers to move up. :thumbsu:

Mate the statement about being forced to go up was made last year, heard it with my own two ears from a Mr Doug Hale, so would have Mighty Leopards and a few others on here. The AFLQ bounces from decision to decision at short notice, current possition is that "the AFLQ will not interfere with the development or future of any club". What they dont realise is their inaction jepardises existing clubs. When the NEAFL in its current form, falls in a heap, because some clubs cant afford it, the whole AFLQ structure will be rejigged, I give it two years. Then all clubs will be looked at and hard decision made about the future of footy in Qld. At the moment it is adhoc with no plan in place to see clubs survive, they don't get given a chance to grow and consolidate. As soon as your club gets a foot forward, the AFLQ allows another club in your area, and they end up with two struggling clubs. Juniors and seniors. I hope Nambour never go up a division.

and if the AFLQ wanted to get rid of the bye, relegation of a PHC team would even ALL competitions, not create uneven numbers in ours and leave one in PHC.

Spot on Morro. I have only been in this league for the last 3 years and it's seems to be dropping off every year. Morooka's 2's had more of a dip than their seniors and though it was a 14 goal quarter they had no enthusiasm from about the 10 minute mark of the 1st.

In saying that they must be commended for stepping up every week as it would be getting very tough already. If it continues this way the difference between the contenders and the guys making up the numbers will only get worse.

I know the feeling on here is Nambour should go up but i for one think the presence of them and Coomera is at least providing competition between 8 of the sides.

Maybe now if Nambour keep kicking big scores the league may have to consider promoting the premiers into div 2 and dropping the wooden spooners. IMO this should only happen between div 2 and 3.

Morale at the roosters is still high, considering the last two weeks we've had. The lads are keen to learn from these games, they want to get better. As for saying the seniors looked disinterested after 10 Mins into the first, you are way off there, the boys fought the whole game and insulting to them that you say that. We are a young side and are looking to build over the coming years. Sat we tried things and it didn't work. We will start again this week and everyone is keen to take on logan. We are trying to put structures in place, this will take time considering where we have finished the last two years

Rumour is that Caboolture are very keen to go up next year, regardless of where they finish, as the equestrian centre is being extended into their space and a state of the art, AFL oval, with full gym and other facilities will be built for them, and they will suck the life out of surrounding clubs. Nambour declined the invitation to go up a div, will miss the boat now and when their glory days are gone, will be an also ran div 3 side.

You say that about cabo but aspley have second to none club rooms. A ground that is really only second to zillmere were they also train. And a sports club that is turning a profit a week that some clubs make a year.
And there just up the Bruce highway and struggle in phc and div 2.
So for cabo to pull the life out of other clubs I doubt it will happen, just might bring a few more half wits in off the main street.

Premiers should get the choice to go up if they decline runners up get it, if they decline the premiers have to go up unless they can prove that they are going to struggle for numbers. Just my opinion.
Relagation and promotion makes teams fight tooth and nail all season no matter where you are on the ladder

You need to get all of that into context IPW. The plan is for new facilities to be built over a 15 year period. In total, it's a $12M initial spend for the Council to put two ovals together along with the basic change rooms, canteen and club rooms. While basic, no doubt they will be the envy of many.

Future plans are for a third oval, an ampi-theatre style embankment to seat around 2000 along with some of the other more luxurious additions you mention. The Council have designated it as the premier AFL facility in the region. On that point, they've missed the mark (IMO).

The only club to which significant damage will be done in the short to medium term is the Narangba Crows - purely a junior club. This is due to the Lions being relocated to Burpengary, quite a few suburbs away from Caboolture!

Interesting to note that Council elections are this weekend and a new Council may have different priorities? Whilst the Lions are guaranteed space at this location, there is absolutely no guarantee of the final make up of the facilities to be provided.

You say that about cabo but aspley have second to none club rooms. A ground that is really only second to zillmere were they also train. And a sports club that is turning a profit a week that some clubs make a year.
So for cabo to pull the life out of other clubs I doubt it will happen, just might bring a few more half wits in off the main street.

Premiers should get the choice to go up if they decline runners up get it, if they decline the premiers have to go up unless they can prove that they are going to struggle for numbers. Just my opinion.
Relagation and promotion makes teams fight tooth and nail all season no matter where you are on the ladder

In the distance between Aspley and Caboolure you could fit Calamvale, Moorooka, Yeronga, Coorparoo, Morningside, Western Magpies, Mt Gravatt and most other central west clubs. Just up the Bruce highway makes me laugh a lot of us are just up the local street and new clubs are plonked between us, without a whimper

Yes Buff "they're" not too far up the road. However, they played finals in NEAFL last year (not PHC) and are 2 and 1 so far in Div2. Hardly struggling.

Truth is the only senior clubs that may be affected are Strathpine and Redcliffe.

Could be a different story though in 5 - 10 years when facilities are planned to be taking shape. By that time, shifting demographics will also be playing a pretty big part in determining how the various leagues shape up.

I was down at the beenleigh game on Saturday and was shocked to see the players in the reserves grade playing for beenleigh ! I thought with the players in this team there senior side would be head and shoulders above any other team but I was so far from wrong ! #17 was a stand out however I was extremely disappointed to see the 2 fellas from last years seniors playing ,#1 who I beleive is a bigfooty poster and maybe he can
defend himself here but he sat in the goal square virtually the whole game and did next to nothing . And #7 with his late hits almost cost the side . Can anyone tell me what's going on down beenleigh ?? On another point coomera were so effective in the seniors run and carry, will the ruck from last year and #5 for coomera be back anytime soon ?? .

I was down at the beenleigh game on Saturday and was shocked to see the players in the reserves grade playing for beenleigh ! I thought with the players in this team there senior side would be head and shoulders above any other team but I was so far from wrong ! #17 was a stand out however I was extremely disappointed to see the 2 fellas from last years seniors playing ,#1 who I beleive is a bigfooty poster and maybe he can
defend himself here but he sat in the goal square virtually the whole game and did next to nothing . And #7 with his late hits almost cost the side . Can anyone tell me what's going on down beenleigh ?? On another point coomera were so effective in the seniors run and carry, will the ruck from last year and #5 for coomera be back anytime soon ?? .

Last years Ruck, Zac Compton will be back in May and wants to play but has to wait on whether his college Basketball contract in the states will allow it. He said they dont really approve of our game as a safe way to keep fit. #5 Cloughy is playing with North Cairns but as KP said who knows what will happen at that June cut off ;)

thanks mate haha

For the record number 1 works on saturday afternoons so can't play seniors although this may change at some stage and also played injured as we were so short

No.7 can't train and works most Saturdays, generally not knowing til Saturday mornings.

And I had a wedding on Saturday so played ressies.

We have next to no depth available at the moment which is killing us. Thats the simple answer mate.

thanks mate haha

For the record number 1 works on saturday afternoons so can't play seniors although this may change at some stage and also played injured as we were so short

No.7 can't train and works most Saturdays, generally not knowing til Saturday mornings.

And I had a wedding on Saturday so played ressies.

We have next to no depth available at the moment which is killing us. Thats the simple answer mate.
Hey Morro, need a game to watch this week,who have u guys got? Or what do u think the closest result will be? Seems to be some lopsided early matches..tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back