2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Hey KP I trained there ONCE, they have a pretty new ground etc, fast track, however sadly I think the local crowd may relate to Logan more than Beenleigh...as far as whatever s**t happened last encounter I'm tipping there will be more of an anti-climax regarding the stupid stuff, I reckon it will be the most severely umpired game this season :(

The umpire we had last week suggested to me that we will have either NEAFL or Pineapple Cup umpires through finals so you're probably right there.

The umpire we had last week suggested to me that we will have either NEAFL or Pineapple Cup umpires through finals so you're probably right there.

If your getting phc umpires expect red card city! 2 guys red carded from pbc in last years granny for absolute rubbish! So all in all wouldnt be holding my breath for a spike up in umpiring standards, unless its being played in vic of course! Better still, worry about winning the footy and the rest will look after itself.

H
Hey KP I trained there ONCE, they have a pretty new ground etc, fast track, however sadly I think the local crowd may relate to Logan more than Beenleigh...as far as whatever s**t happened last encounter I'm tipping there will be more of an anti-climax regarding the stupid stuff, I reckon it will be the most severely umpired game this season :(

Hey mate is there ground still rob Akers reserve played there a few times not a bad ground. Always seems to be windy there that's if its the same ground.

Hey mate is there ground still rob Akers reserve played there a few times not a bad ground. Always seems to be windy there that's if its the same ground.
Yeah I think so... A bit of travel for u guys instead of a home final...

H

Is that meant to be a dig at the Swans supporters?

Swooper - with full PHC and NEAFL rounds this week i'd suggest this weeks div 2 and 3 umpires wont change much for the finals.

Lets be honest it doesnt matter how over umpired a game is - if a bloke is going to take a cheap shot behind play there is nothing anyone is going to be able to do about it!

KP do you know the reason its been moved? Our game has been moved to Kedron as Aspley NEAFL have priority over the ground so we are pretty happy about that!!

Swooper - with full PHC and NEAFL rounds this week i'd suggest this weeks div 2 and 3 umpires wont change much for the finals.

Lets be honest it doesnt matter how over umpired a game is - if a bloke is going to take a cheap shot behind play there is nothing anyone is going to be able to do about it!

KP do you know the reason its been moved? Our game has been moved to Kedron as Aspley NEAFL have priority over the
ground so we are pretty happy about that!!

Yeah chap was to do with liquor licence or some crap at beenleigh from couple weeks back had an issue. Apparently the reason for the game bein held at pine rivers is there's no other ground with suitable closed of fencing avalible. On such short notice. Yeah ud be happy about that have get heap the roo boys across too the derby only round the corner.

Hi All - I can confirm the change was made due to a number of reasons - 1 we currently do not a liquor licence and would be unable to provide alcohol. (not the worst thing at a Logan Beenleigh game IMO), 2 We cannot fence adequately with the balcony of the sports club there so would have people going inside to dodge the $5 entry fee as well as to have a beer. And finally we are still fighting with council to fix our sewerage as we have been for the last month. so with these three things in mind we could not hold such a large day. I am however disappointed Yeronga or Wynnum or Coorparoo couldn't have hosted us as this would save a lot of travel.

Any Southside spectators that aren't Logan supporters and want a lift up I might have a few spots. I say Car pool Gents at least that way a few of you can have a few froffies and support Pine Rivers who are in the end helping us out.

Ironic that because of licensing you cant hold the game yet can take a carload of people into Pine Rivers with a slab in the back!!

Hosting finals can cost a pretty penny too from my understanding - although can sales at above game would cover that! Thats the one advantage Robina had with the position of the ground that minimal fencing was needed.

May as well play a quadruple header up the sunny coast!!!

Is that meant to be a dig at the Swans supporters?
Nah just not worded all that well. I have a couple of mates on the northside & I get the feeling that the cobras will get a little more support, although this opinion is with very little knowledge

If your getting phc umpires expect red card city! 2 guys red carded from pbc in last years granny for absolute rubbish! So all in all wouldnt be holding my breath for a spike up in umpiring standards, unless its being played in vic of course! Better still, worry about winning the footy and the rest will look after itself.

My thoughts exactly. See ball get ball. I was just reporting what I was told.

I played at Cooli for a while and do have memories of everyone whinging about umpires anyway. Sure it makes no difference. If you win people are happy. Lose and the "umpires were terrible".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironic that because of licensing you cant hold the game yet can take a carload of people into Pine Rivers with a slab in the back!!

Hosting finals can cost a pretty penny too from my understanding - although can sales at above game would cover that! Thats the one advantage Robina had with the position of the ground that minimal fencing was needed.

May as well play a quadruple header up the sunny coast!!!

Well you can't actually take your own beer. Would hope that seeing as though the club is forking out the funds to help out AFLQ that supporters would help out by buying their grog from the bar

Well you can't actually take your own beer. Would hope that seeing as though the club is forking out the funds to help out AFLQ that supporters would help out by buying their grog from the bar

Footy_is_king - thats the point - how many cars will be checked? the league is worried about people not paying $5 to get in but by moving the game to a ground you can get ur car into in theory you could quite happily pay the $5 to get in and have a carton in the boot!

Completely agree that Strathpine should be appluaded and supported for putting there hand up to host the final - was just attempting to demonstrate that perhaps some of these things should be looked into earlier than the wednesday before a final.

In other news at least neither div 2 or 3 had to worry about the mess that is the non played catch up game due to cancellations that has effected the finals in PHC!

Wow I go away for 2 weeks and it seems everything turns to s**t. :hearts: :hearts:

It seems Logan have peaked at the right time and we have a massive challenge ahead of us. It's a shame to hear what happened to Thommo last game as he is not only the best player in the league in my opinion but a ripping bloke as well. Hopefully our boys will use his injury as fuel to get the job done.

All the crap aside between us and Logan, the only thing that will hurt them is not fighting or late hits to even the ledger but knocking them out of the finals which will take nothing short of our best.

In regards to losing our home final it's devastating to all involved and as I have been away I just hope all options were explored prior to this decision.

Sorry I couldn't make your function Mighty, I got the invite on Facebook but was overseas mate.

Everyone else, good luck on the weekend.

Gotta love finals. :footy:

HAHA hope beenleigh win cant stand logan ferals all they do is try to fight
- Dirty team
- Dirty place
- Dirty supporters

Lol, heard about this forum from a few people around the traps and they said that a few people talk a load of crap. Well from what I have read they are right!

Must laugh at you Beenleigh folk who just want to throw mud on Logan City, sounds to me like a whole lot of jealously right there. They've beaten you twice this year and in the last game gave you an absolute arse whooping and at your home ground no less. From what games I've seen the Cobras play this year they go at it hard and fair and are not afraid to support their team mates by putting on a Shepard, something which is pretty much non existent from other clubs in the league. Whilst there supporters are rowdy and give out a fair bit of harmless banter, they are passionate about their club. Other clubs don't seem to have the same support like Logan does.

Mmm runover_sheldon be interesting to know where you from??? I'm predicting Beenleigh as people from other clubs on here don't seem to be slagging the Cobras off like all the Buffaloe supporters.

No doubt it will be a cracker of a match on Saturday in this years third installment of the logan river cup but I can't see Beenleigh beating the Cobras!

Lol, heard about this forum from a few people around the traps and they said that a few people talk a load of crap. Well from what I have read they are right!

Must laugh at you Beenleigh folk who just want to throw mud on Logan City, sounds to me like a whole lot of jealously right there. They've beaten you twice this year and in the last game gave you an absolute arse whooping and at your home ground no less. From what games I've seen the Cobras play this year they go at it hard and fair and are not afraid to support their team mates by putting on a Shepard, something which is pretty much non existent from other clubs in the league. Whilst there supporters are rowdy and give out a fair bit of harmless banter, they are passionate about their club. Other clubs don't seem to have the same support like Logan does.

Mmm runover_sheldon be interesting to know where you from??? I'm predicting Beenleigh as people from other clubs on here don't seem to be slagging the Cobras off like all the Buffaloe supporters.

No doubt it will be a cracker of a match on Saturday in this years third installment of the logan river cup but I can't see Beenleigh beating the Cobras!

Haha bees u are def a Logan cobra in disguise, don't worry I won't tell anyone! Look out for the mighty Roosters in the finals!! Well maybe next year :s

Hahahaha what a crack up and jealous of Logan ? You mean with there good record over the past 6years 0 premierships think there mite even be a wooden spoon in there somewhere. Should be a cracking game as they always are baring the last game the last 5 before they have all been under 2goals.

Swoopa - there won't be NEAFL or PHC umpires coming down. Umpires too have to qualify for finals so you will see umpires who have regularly umpired Div 2 & 3 through the season being appointed to finals games. Hopefully that means you will see the best and most consistent umpires from during the year

Swoopa - there won't be NEAFL or PHC umpires coming down. Umpires too have to qualify for finals so you will see umpires who have regularly umpired Div 2 & 3 through the season being appointed to finals games. Hopefully that means you will see the best and most consistent umpires from during the year

2 Moros? This is far too confusing now! Morro did you pick up someone while on your honeymoon mate? Ha ha

The umpire I spoke to had probably been told some fibs rather than be told "sorry mate you're sitting on the pine for the finals".

Good news to all is that the posty found my invite to the b&f so the beers are on me (my beers that is- you'll all have to get your own) :)

Good news swoop, see you there... Hopefully I can get up early enough to make the trip to strathpine to watch to southside teams play against ech other!!! Had lots going for a look when at dauth but not sure a lot will be there...

Hey Neutral, any chance u will be able to get the venga car to Strathpine? Be a chance to see a match up of 2 sides u missed a couple of weeks ago?

Good news swoop, see you there... Hopefully I can get up early enough to make the trip to strathpine to watch to southside teams play against ech other!!! Had lots going for a look when at dauth but not sure a lot will be there...
Yeah it's slightly disappointing for locals. Good luck to all teams..... but mainly the Coomera Ressies boys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back