2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
PIES11 - suggesting Doug has no say is a big call - be interested to know who your sources are and these important figures... P.S i wouldnt go telling Doug you dont think he's to influential!!

There has supposedly been talks of a north / south conference for ever. Was "discussed" before NEAFL was brough in with what to do with the suns reserves when there was a chance to realign comps.

From what I understand, there will be a push for a div 3 club to join div 2 to even up numbers - as Gaz has said how forcefully the invitation is extended will be interesting. Word on the street is that whilst carrarra are growing they would probably take the safe path as Nambour and look to consoldiate that growth for another year - they are after all on the bottom of the ladder in div 4.

What is the story at Pine Rivers? they were always around the mark when Robina were in the comp and up there they were very hard to beat - currently sit at 8 - 0 in the nth div 4... any chance they would come back up?

PIES11 - suggesting Doug has no say is a big call - be interested to know who your sources are and these important figures... P.S i wouldnt go telling Doug you dont think he's to influential!!

There has supposedly been talks of a north / south conference for ever. Was "discussed" before NEAFL was brough in with what to do with the suns reserves when there was a chance to realign comps.

From what I understand, there will be a push for a div 3 club to join div 2 to even up numbers - as Gaz has said how forcefully the invitation is extended will be interesting. Word on the street is that whilst carrarra are growing they would probably take the safe path as Nambour and look to consoldiate that growth for another year - they are after all on the bottom of the ladder in div 4.

What is the story at Pine Rivers? they were always around the mark when Robina were in the comp and up there they were very hard to beat - currently sit at 8 - 0 in the nth div 4... any chance they would come back up?

I was shocked when I found out they were dropping down. I believe it was due to not enough numbers as opposed to quality. Not sure why he sudden drop off in numbers though, although they are not alone in that regard.

Regarding big Dougy, I would suspect he has quite a bit of pull and would be in the know.

Talking to the Pine Rivers guys post game a couple of weeks ago, they are making every effort in attempting to go up to Div 3 next year. Or at the least making themselves ready to go up should AFLQ come a calling. :)

Good numbers at training, renovated clubhouse post floods, good support base at home games. Based on their last 2 years in Div 3 Nth (As it was) and now Div 4 Central, combined with their history, they'd be my pick if asked.

Can't see any other Div 4 Central teams having the ability to go up. At least 2 clubs (including mine) are happy to stay in Div 4 as it's more the social aspect for us, and a good introduction to blokes who havent played before and don't wish to take it too seriously....most of the time.

Should I ring Doug now and let him know we have decided nambour up to div 2 to eliminate bye, and pine rivers up to elminate bye caused by nambours elevation and the current bye in div 4 central?

Farrrrk how hard could running alfq be? hahah

oh and all games are played regardless of weather conditions... vote 1 brotherofchunk!!

Should I ring Doug now and let him know we have decided nambour up to div 2 to eliminate bye, and pine rivers up to elminate bye caused by nambours elevation and the current bye in div 4 central?

Farrrrk how hard could running alfq be? hahah

oh and all games are played regardless of weather conditions... vote 1 brotherofchunk!!
Correct they are in a no win situation, it would be very hard. I'm sure Doug is in the know but when it comes to a final decision other power that be will make the choice. They will make the decision based on what ever is best for the divs above us

Sun has just come out and if it stays out we wont have a problem, the council closes the ground most weeks but we play anyway and never had a problem. As you'd be well aware grounds cop a lot worse each week in VIC.

IMO we are 99% chance to play, since I'm 1 vote out of 3 we are a third of the way there!

In regards to the comp changes, I speak to Doug fairly regularly and he as been very firm that there is no changes planned for the near future apart from 1 team from div 3 moving up to fill the void (I know from talking to the other presidents that no club is keen on moving atm and I dont think they can actually force a club to move if the issue is finacial. That could get interesting) in div 2 and hoping that a div 4 side will be up to moving up to div 3. I know Carrara are growing like mad and have the numbers to fill 2 sides so they are my tip to come up. I know that will cause more travel for the Northern sides but AFLQ are not interested in a north/south comp, only care about evenness of competitions. I feel that is the right attitude. I used to travel over 2 hours to play some teams in vic and no one had a problem with it because it was an even comp. on the other hand I did have a problem being pumped by 30 goals each week and only travelling 20-30min in another league.

Seeing as how I am the second of three votes I think it's safe to say its game on.

Just get your lads to bring a few sponges just in case Morro!

So where are you heading this week Neautral? Seems to me there's only 1 choice- I'll save you a seat on the wing!

My tips:
Coomera, Caboolture, Logan, Nambour, Redcliffe

G'day ol mate Swoop. No game at Caboolture, No game at Nambour, No game at Redcliffe, and no game at Aspley - I may have to go and watch Maroochydore v Surfers if I can talk the Venga Bus into heading up there. I could possibly watch Caloundra v Noosa in the 4th's but unlikely.

How is everyone's duty of care going......tee hee.

If I can weigh into the "new comp" debate - I agree with a few others that regardless of the distance you should be playing teams of similar strength. I once played in the Tatiara League for a club called Leeor and we travelled to Keith - some 3 hour trip in those days, but it was worth it for the contest. Much preferred to travel for a close game rather than play your neighbours for a massive win - no satisfaction in that.

Good luck to all and here's hoping for no broken legs, especially to PT's who have done a 6 week course and now know the world regarding fitness - give me a break....tee hee.

Mate ur a goose.. If ya gonna carrying on about opposition not sticking around or purchasing food make sure u hav actual food in the canteen. Somehow I think the potato chips an killer pythons was not satisfactory enough for most at the game given that up to the start of the snrs that's all there was to eat.. Can't speak for after the game as I didn't waste my time goin back

My point was that Morro is going on about how he can't believe some people's attitude towards sticking around after a game and how it was compulosry in Victoria, yet he fails to actually do it himself. I do not recall any of your seniors sticking around after the game, didn't have to buy anything but could have stuck around. It's in the past now, I just found it rich is all.

according to caboolture i thought nambour had missed the boat on moving up a division and cabo will be moving up and nambour left down to rot.
anyways. any info on the ipswich ground from anyone? how has it help up with all the rain?

G'day ol mate Swoop. No game at Caboolture, No game at Nambour, No game at Redcliffe, and no game at Aspley - I may have to go and watch Maroochydore v Surfers if I can talk the Venga Bus into heading up there. I could possibly watch Caloundra v Noosa in the 4th's but unlikely.

If I can weigh into the "new comp" debate - I agree with a few others that regardless of the distance you should be playing teams of similar strength. I once played in the Tatiara League for a club called Leeor and we travelled to Keith - some 3 hour trip in those days, but it was worth it for the contest. Much preferred to travel for a close game rather than play your neighbours for a massive win - no satisfaction in that.

Good luck to all and here's hoping for no broken legs, especially to PT's who have done a 6 week course and now know the world regarding fitness - give me a break....tee hee.

You are a dead set toss pot mate. Again, no one's fault, but how about you run in a straight line and then I get #51 from nambour (absolute unit) to jump straight into your shin and see how your leg holds up under that 'fatigue' you f**khead. A broken leg is not a joking matter and if you think it is, then I implore you to get yourself checked by a mental health expert.

If a Nambour player reads the above, please know that I hold absolutely nothing against him, it's just that Neutral Observer is a a complete toss and needs to learn to shut up. Hope he has nothing to do with your club.

Age hasn't hindered your ability to wind up a crowd old buddy.

You are a dead set toss pot mate. Again, no one's fault, but how about you run in a straight line and then I get #51 from nambour (absolute unit) to jump straight into your shin and see how your leg holds up under that 'fatigue' you f**khead. A broken leg is not a joking matter and if you think it is, then I implore you to get yourself checked by a mental health expert.

If a Nambour player reads the above, please know that I hold absolutely nothing against him, it's just that Neutral Observer is a a complete toss and needs to learn to shut up. Hope he has nothing to do with your club.
I see that 6 week PT course by correspondence has also taught you to speak so eloquently. It is no embarrassment to say " hey - I don't know everything". I actually hope you recover quickly and make a full recovery regardless of how little you know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point was that Morro is going on about how he can't believe some people's attitude towards sticking around after a game and how it was compulosry in Victoria, yet he fails to actually do it himself. I do not recall any of your seniors sticking around after the game, didn't have to buy anything but could have stuck around. It's in the past now, I just found it rich is all.

I told you why very few stuck around, and whether you like or not I couldn't care less get ya s**t together and get some hot water ya bloody muppet.

Age hasn't hindered your ability to wind up a crowd old buddy.
It is ashame that others cannot respect someone's view regardless of whether they agree with it or not. I do not agree with some things you say Morro - but boy do I love your passion and respect your views. Go Buffs tomorrow, I wish I could get to this game - it will be a ripper.

according to caboolture i thought nambour had missed the boat on moving up a division and cabo will be moving up and nambour left down to rot.
anyways. any info on the ipswich ground from anyone? how has it help up with all the rain?
Welcome back assy. Now give yourself an upper cut for listening to anything pieface says.

It is ashame that others cannot respect someone's view regardless of whether they agree with it or not. I do not agree with some things you say Morro - but boy do I love your passion and respect your views. Go Buffs tomorrow, I wish I could get to this game - it will be a ripper.

Yeah people who hide behind a desk shouldn't take this thing so seriously. After all it's just a bit of banter and most of us are guilty of biting occasionally. Despite all the crap I'd still have a beer with any one with the balls to actually introduce themselves from this site. And most do I have found with the exception of the cowards that just abuse people then don't say a word when they see them at the footy.

Regarding tomorrow's games it's huge for us and probably for Coomera as well I would imagine. We need to prove last week wasn't a fluke and they need to consolidate. If we win tomorrow it's game on in the race for finals. Lose and well, it's gonna be bloody hard.

I reckon we can get the choccies but we will need to play our best footy for 4 quarters.

I see that 6 week PT course by correspondence has also taught you to speak so eloquently. It is no embarrassment to say " hey - I don't know everything". I actually hope you recover quickly and make a full recovery regardless of how little you know.

Not the same bloke you stupid w@nker. Why cant you believe a person when he says he trains extensively, almost any fool can cut and paste crap to try to make out they are inteligent, you are one of the exceptions who just proves he is , what was the word used? , thats right TOSS POT. Tee Hee

just in regards to the broken leg last weekend. there was no fatigue involved in it. just a freak accident that happend in the first minutes of the game. when the whole ground can hear a bone crack its never good.
and all respect to the marooka guys. you got smashed all over the ground but never gave up and never once tried to start any stupid s**t. which is rare in this league.

Not the same bloke you stupid w@nker. Why cant you believe a person when he says he trains extensively, almost any fool can cut and paste crap to try to make out they are inteligent, you are one of the exceptions who just proves he is , what was the word used? , thats right TOSS POT. Tee Hee
Why did you change the word "moo" ?

It was creative, effective and much funnier than your replacement.

Why did you change the word "moo" ?

It was creative, effective and much funnier than your replacement.

I had a laugh when I read it but I didnt write it apparantely you cant write wan ker in one word anymore and it was automatically changed to Moo.. Moo is a good word though. Good luck to all the Moo's tomorrow

It would be foolish of me to suggest I know everything, because I don't. I'm only 20 and have much to learn, but one thing I do have, which you seem to lack, is knowing when to keep my mouth shut. I suggest you take your own advice you muppet.

I had a laugh when I read it but I didnt write it apparantely you cant write wan ker in one word anymore and it was automatically changed to Moo.. Moo is a good word though. Good luck to all the Moo's tomorrow
Hahaha auto correct at its finest.

It would be foolish of me to suggest I know everything, because I don't. I'm only 20 and have much to learn, but one thing I do have, which you seem to lack, is knowing when to keep my mouth shut. I suggest you take your own advice you muppet.

Do you???

You have been taken to task on your whinge multiple times yet continue to sook.

The irony of your post is ironic isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back