2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to agree with those tips although the Beenleigh v Logan game would be 1 to watch!
Lets hope Logan 'tag' the big overweight guy in the middle. He uses the ball really well and they seem to use him as their 'go to' man all over the park. Logan will also have to be accountable as they love to chip short/link up and use the loose man when transitioning out of defence. I'm picking Logan in a big upset in the grudge match. Milligen will need a dane swan 49 touches. I wish I could go and watch the match, but we have Calamvale and some percentage to get.

Lets hope Logan 'tag' the big overweight guy in the middle. He uses the ball really well and they seem to use him as their 'go to' man all over the park. Logan will also have to be accountable as they love to chip short/link up and use the loose man when transitioning out of defence. I'm picking Logan in a big upset in the grudge match. Milligen will need a dane swan 49 touches. I wish I could go and watch the match, but we have Calamvale and some percentage to get.

Budgie you know you've made it when someone refers to tagging the big overweight guy!!

Tough game for Beenleigh - wouldnt want to drop one and probably not real keen being 5 goals up late in the last knowing the history between the two clubs and with logan nothing to play for.

Neutral is apparently leaving on Friday night to make sure he can get the bus in poll position on the outer wing!

We don't have any PERCENTAGE to get at all.We need to win a game of footy to try and get second spot.
No one seems to know who you are at our footy club.If you are indeed one of us then you know we respect every team we play and wouldn't have posted that shite.

We don't have any PERCENTAGE to get at all.We need to win a game of footy to try and get second spot.
No one seems to know who you are at our footy club.If you are indeed one of us then you know we respect every team we play and wouldn't have posted that shite.

Well said Sir!

....awkward silence... o_O

Hey hey budgey the big overweight guy here, you could of used something not as rude as that and just said bigboned or well built but anyway you take what you get. At least im a better footballer than your sorry ass will ever be but thats another story. Good win last weekend but only dissapointment was no leopard burgers when our game finished, would have eaten 6 of those badboys. Was smelling them all game, probably the reason i didnt get my season average of 45 touches. Big game this weekend, cant wait to tackle logan and their feral supporters ( hope thats not the pot calling the kettle black ). Anyway whos this milligen bloke, by the sounds of it, it will be worth the admission fee alone watching the 2 best midfielders going toe to toe. Think ill just get the upperhand though. Carn the buffs and good luck to all sides. TOOT TOOT

Anyone know much about umpiring structure, zoning training etc? Cant believe I'm considering it but if I don't come out of retirement nxt season, im thinking umpiring may be a way to get involved... Do the umpires get zones or do they have to travel all over like the players?

Hey hey budgey the big overweight guy here, you could of used something not as rude as that and just said bigboned or well built but anyway you take what you get. At least im a better footballer than your sorry arse will ever be but thats another story. Good win last weekend but only dissapointment was no leopard burgers when our game finished, would have eaten 6 of those badboys. Was smelling them all game, probably the reason i didnt get my season average of 45 touches. Big game this weekend, cant wait to tackle logan and their feral supporters ( hope thats not the pot calling the kettle black ). Anyway whos this milligen bloke, by the sounds of it, it will be worth the admission fee alone watching the 2 best midfielders going toe to toe. Think ill just get the upperhand though. Carn the buffs and good luck to all sides. TOOT TOOT
Well how are you going big fellar? Mate you are having a good season, so dont take it to heart. I dont think you and Milligan will play on each-other in the midfield, cause he cover some ground serious ground.He is prolific ball winner and in my opinion will win the league medal by a long way.
On the matter of revealing who I am, well I cant now or I will never get a senior game again. Fair call from Graham, about %. We just need the points first, if % comes with it all well and good. Good luck in the finals, i'm guessing teams will be accountable on you now and not allow you as many handball receives.

Well how are you going big fellar? Mate you are having a good season, so dont take it to heart. I dont think you and Milligan will play on each-other in the midfield, cause he cover some ground serious ground.He is prolific ball winner and in my opinion will win the league medal by a long way.
On the matter of revealing who I am, well I cant now or I will never get a senior game again. Fair call from Graham, about %. We just need the points first, if % comes with it all well and good. Good luck in the finals, i'm guessing teams will be accountable on you now and not allow you as many handball receives.

Stopping budgie getting handball recieves would be up there with stopping the big fella at Pizza Hut all you can eat.... it isnt going to happen..

There is a few of us Budg at Robina that would really like you back - specifically when we play away and wear those putrid white jumpers - u always made the rest of us feel that little bit better about ourselves :)

Hopeful of getting a chance to see those delicious skills on both sides of your body before years end.

A big apology to the Caboolture 2's as we won't get a side up there this wknd... In 8 yrs at the club never have we been smashed this bad with injuries... From our snr side 7 wks ago we have 13 available this week... In total we have 32 unavailable that have played in the last 4 weeks!!! So again real sorry and good luck to everyone tmrw!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big apology to the Caboolture 2's as we won't get a side up there this wknd... In 8 yrs at the club never have we been smashed this bad with injuries... From our snr side 7 wks ago we have 13 available this week... In total we have 32 unavailable that have played in the last 4 weeks!!! So again real sorry and good luck to everyone tmrw!!

As I said to your boys after our Ressies game a couple of weeks back, you are a great proud club and if you keep up that fighting spirit the good times will come.

Best of luck to your boys that take the field.

Noone ever likes to see a side struggle mighty... Especially Calamvale that has many great blokes. All the best to your club

Anyone know much about umpiring structure, zoning training etc? Cant believe I'm considering it but if I don't come out of retirement nxt season, im thinking umpiring may be a way to get involved... Do the umpires get zones or do they have to travel all over like the players?
Hey Footy

If you contact Simon Devine at AFLQ he can give you more info. I stepped up a couple years ago when the juniors were struggling for umpires and umpired abotu 10 games.

If you let them know you are interested but would only be available for local games for instance down our way Jimboomba, Beenleigh, Logan, Coomera etc then they will accomodate the best they can as I know they never knock back umpires.

Here are the winners.

Caboolture by a massive amount, especially now the Nude Nut is back,
Coomera to smash the Ipswich ressies,
Beenleigh by 4 goals,
Nambour by 4 goals,
Griffith by a couple.

I am looking forward to the Nambour/Redcliffe clash. If I could travel I would head to the match at Beenleigh as I think Logan will go all out to keep their slim finals hopes alive - wasn't there an altercation between these 2 clubs at last years league B&F count? This should make it interesting.

Here are the winners.

Caboolture by a massive amount, especially now the Nude Nut is back,
Coomera to smash the Ipswich ressies,
Beenleigh by 4 goals,
Nambour by 4 goals,
Griffith by a couple.

I am looking forward to the Nambour/Redcliffe clash. If I could travel I would head to the match at Beenleigh as I think Logan will go all out to keep their slim finals hopes alive - wasn't there an altercation between these 2 clubs at last years league B&F count? This should make it interesting.

Yeah I think both teams thought that I was worthy of the medal and tempers got the best of them!

Hopefully this year we can all get along :)

Hey hey budgey the big overweight guy here, you could of used something not as rude as that and just said bigboned or well built but anyway you take what you get. At least im a better footballer than your sorry arse will ever be but thats another story. Good win last weekend but only dissapointment was no leopard burgers when our game finished, would have eaten 6 of those badboys. Was smelling them all game, probably the reason i didnt get my season average of 45 touches. Big game this weekend, cant wait to tackle logan and their feral supporters ( hope thats not the pot calling the kettle black ). Anyway whos this milligen bloke, by the sounds of it, it will be worth the admission fee alone watching the 2 best midfielders going toe to toe. Think ill just get the upperhand though. Carn the buffs and good luck to all sides. TOOT TOOT

Do you know who Milligan is now Budgey? - I'm guessing you would know the colour of the soles of his boots? - this may have been all you seen all game, him running away from you, with the ball.......Toot, Toot

Good game today - Nambour always in control and never threatened. The game did not rise to any great heights. I did not hear boo out of the Redcliffe bench although their reserves carrying on like pork chops close to the bench was always going to make it look bad for the coaches box.

This is not meant to be disrespectful but I can not see Redcliffe winning this comp after what I saw today and last week. I will get to see possibly the first final early as I will watch them and Caboolture next week - depending on results they may be playing again the week after.

Nambour #5 needs to pull his head in and was very un-Nambour like. 50m penalties and getting sent off may cost them dearly in the finals - may.....

No real dominant Nambour players, there backs were good and nothing of note to report on about Redcliffe.

Do you know who Milligan is now Budgey? - I'm guessing you would know the colour of the soles of his boots? - this may have been all you seen all game, him running away from you, with the ball.......Toot, Toot

Good game today - Nambour always in control and never threatened. The game did not rise to any great heights. I did not hear boo out of the Redcliffe bench although their reserves carrying on like pork chops close to the bench was always going to make it look bad for the coaches box.

This is not meant to be disrespectful but I can not see Redcliffe winning this comp after what I saw today and last week. I will get to see possibly the first final early as I will watch them and Caboolture next week - depending on results they may be playing again the week after.

Nambour #5 needs to pull his head in and was very un-Nambour like. 50m penalties and getting sent off may cost them dearly in the finals - may.....

No real dominant Nambour players, there backs were good and nothing of note to report on about Redcliffe.

You guys are all spoons if you think that that is the real budgey

Very disappointing... and could have a big influence on who plays finals in the twos.

Just out of curiosity, have you blokes ever forfeited a home game? 'Cause a cynical man might say that it seems a lot of your boys just don't like travelling north of the river. Be interesting to see how many from your apparently massive casualty list make miraculous recoveries for your final home game in Div 3 next week.

Very disappointing... and could have a big influence on who plays finals in the twos.

Just out of curiosity, have you blokes ever forfeited a home game? 'Cause a cynical man might say that it seems a lot of your boys just don't like travelling north of the river. Be interesting to see how many from your apparently massive casualty list make miraculous recoveries for your final home game in Div 3 next week.

leopards had what seamed like 10 blokes double up against us 2 weeks back. pretty hard for any team to cover those sort of number each week. highly doubt Calamvale or any players would allow their team to forfeit just to avoid travelling. stupid point imo.

What happens now Mighty? isn't there a rule about 2 forfeits in a season?

That might not have been the real budgey buffalodown but he was the only one talking himself up and hence left himself right open.

Are reports that there was a little bit of a stoush correct? Did another player leave in an ambulance? - tough year injury wise.

Logan and Coomera as a season defining game next week is an understatement - loser gone?

Not sure about any rule but it would seem harsh that for only 2 games in 8 yrs forfeited would mean you go down. We are committed to 2 sides next yr but if numbers aren't there in Feb we won't do it will be responsible about it... Because in effect this yr we would have had up to 22 miss out for 15 weeks.... We have already picked up a few for next yr so not looking all doom and gloom.... It isn't a travel thing Danny, we took 31 guys up yesterday, 10 of them injured.... As I said in an earlier post, we have 12 back from injury this wk, 2 back from work plus 4 top up players and there is our 2's.... Been a tough run but we are trying to enjoy it best we can.... Will certainly enjoy next sat night and Sunday!! Thanks for all the support too from clubs that actually know us, I personally appreciate it... Makes taking days off work and away from family to try and organise teams some what worth it when it doesn't seem it at the time....

That might not have been the real budgey buffalodown but he was the only one talking himself up and hence left himself right open.

Are reports that there was a little bit of a stoush correct? Did another player leave in an ambulance? - tough year injury wise.

Logan and Coomera as a season defining game next week is an understatement - loser gone?

Yes we had a player taken in an ambulance from a very late cheap hit. He was kept in hospital over night Logan were very good yesterday full credit too them. Just shows how unpredictable the top 6 is.
Looks like 1st week of finals will see
Caboolture v redcliffe
Beenleigh v Logan/coomera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back