2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we had a player taken in an ambulance from a very late cheap hit. He was kept in hospital over night Logan were very good yesterday full credit too them. Just shows how unpredictable the top 6 is.
Looks like 1st week of finals will see
Caboolture v redcliffe
Beenleigh v Logan/coomera
Hope he is OK KP - no one likes to see or hear that.

I'd say he'll miss a few weeks neutral it's the big fella number 10 the one you liked up at Nambour earlier in the year. If you remember ??
Yes - the good overhead/contested mark. I do hope he pulls up alright. Good luck to your boys for the rest of the year - a great fightback after a poor start to the year an deserved finalists.

Not sure about any rule but it would seem harsh that for only 2 games in 8 yrs forfeited would mean you go down. We are committed to 2 sides next yr but if numbers aren't there in Feb we won't do it will be responsible about it... Because in effect this yr we would have had up to 22 Wmiss out for 15 weeks.... We have already picked up a few for next yr so not looking all doom and gloom.... It isn't a travel thing Danny, we took 31 guys up yesterday, 10 of them injured.... As I said in an earlier post, we have 12 back from injury this wk, 2 back from work plus 4 top up players and there is our 2's.... Been a tough run but we are trying to enjoy it best we can.... Will certainly enjoy next sat night and Sunday!! Thanks for all the support too from clubs that actually know us, I personally appreciate it... Makes taking days off work and away from family to try and organise teams some what worth it when it doesn't seem it at the time....

I would certainly hope that there is some common sense behind any decision when it comes to forfeits from the league. Your boys battle hard, play with pride and would do anything for their jumper. This has been shown every time they have doubled up for the sake of ensuring the Ressies get on.

Every team knows that trips away can create a few blokes to have "something on" here and there. It will always be this way in an amateur league.

Hope its a good showing in both grades by your boys Sat as I'm sure the drinks will be at their smoothest for you on Sunday after a battle of a season.

leopards had what seamed like 10 blokes double up against us 2 weeks back. pretty hard for any team to cover those sort of number each week. highly doubt Calamvale or any players would allow their team to forfeit just to avoid travelling. stupid point imo.

What happens now Mighty? isn't there a rule about 2 forfeits in a season?

May be stupid in your opinion, but I speak from experience. Of the four seasons we've played in the same division as Calamvale, twice they've failed to send a ressies side up to Caboolture. Add that to their forfeit to Nambour earlier this year, and you can perhaps see why I think it's a little suss that their long list of unavailables only ever coincides with their longest away trips.

I was told yesterday that three forfeits in a season equals automatic relegation, but that's too many in my opinion.

Who would have ever imagined that - a bloke hit late and behind play against Logan... ring the bulletin as that sure is breaking news!!!

KP - without giving anyone the opportunity to say its an excuse... can you tell me how many were out at Morro's wedding? would think yourself included would be 6 to come back in this week?

Bit of Maths for everyone to keep things interesting to kick off the weeks debate..
If the Redcliffe Cab score is around 64 - 135 in cabs favour Redcliffe will finish on 135%
If Beenleigh kick a cricket score against griffith in the vicinity of 195 - 35 they will finish on 136% and would take 3rd spot....

both feasible if Nuetral's mate gets off the chain and KP comes back and kicks a dozen!

Who'd of thought a month ago Coomera would be in the gun for a finals spot!

Great year in all comps in SEQ with final ladder positions to be determined from outcome of this weekends games in div 2 and 3 senior and ressies

Danny fair post when u consider getting no percentage from the weekend could cost you a finals spot - you blokes will be hoping UQ give Ipswich a touch up and u kick ur own cricket score against redcliffe - however i doubt all of the teams that were defeated by a "full strength" cab team on the way to the ressies gf last year probably wont share the same sentiments!

Who would have ever imagined that - a bloke hit late and behind play against Logan... ring the bulletin as that sure is breaking news!!!

KP - without giving anyone the opportunity to say its an excuse... can you tell me how many were out at Morro's wedding? would think yourself included would be 6 to come back in this week?

Bit of Maths for everyone to keep things interesting to kick off the weeks debate..
If the Redcliffe Cab score is around 64 - 135 in cabs favour Redcliffe will finish on 135%
If Beenleigh kick a cricket score against griffith in the vicinity of 195 - 35 they will finish on 136% and would take 3rd spot....

both feasible if Nuetral's mate gets off the chain and KP comes back and kicks a dozen!

Who'd of thought a month ago Coomera would be in the gun for a finals spot!

Great year in all comps in SEQ with final ladder positions to be determined from outcome of this weekends games in div 2 and 3 senior and ressies

Danny fair post when u consider getting no percentage from the weekend could cost you a finals spot - you blokes will be hoping UQ give Ipswich a touch up and u kick ur own cricket score against redcliffe - however i doubt all of the teams that were defeated by a "full strength" cab team on the way to the ressies gf last year probably wont share the same sentiments!

We only had 4 out mate so pretty much full strength Logan were very good yesterday. More bad news today as we lose an on Baller and centre half forward for the year after yesterdays game :(
Yeah mate I'm back this week think 3rd spot pretty much out of the question now. Logan coomera this week wow what a finish to a great year.

Both out for the season kp?... far out.... didn't see the second injury, must have been in the 4th? when I shot through. Cross our fingers for speedy recovery's and buffs for two wins this weekend. Start the train again!

Both out for the season kp?... far out.... didn't see the second injury, must have been in the 4th? when I shot through. Cross our fingers for speedy recovery's and buffs for two wins this weekend. Start the train again!

yeah mitchy not good reesy broke hes collorbone in last 10mins and thommo still in hospital bleeding from brain or something like that apparently.

Looks like a very interesting last round coming up. Who won the battle in the midfield between the big fellar from beenleigh and Milligan?

yeah mitchy not good reesy broke hes collorbone in last 10mins and thommo still in hospital bleeding from brain or something like that apparently.

ah s**t two huge losses, well be an interesting week on the track to see who moves up to accommodate those two.

Trekked up to Nambour to check it out. I agree with everything Neutral said. The only real positive for the Redcliffe group is the fact that they never gave Nambour the chance to steamroll them. Seeing as Neutral didn't mention single players, I'll let you know what I noticed. For Nambour, number 17 was very good off the half back line. There were probably a dozen separate occasions where he seemed to easily penetrate the ball from defence.#11 was quite good at full-forward, despite taking some unreasonable shots from outside-55. #51 was fairly quiet. For Redcliffe, the young-looking redhead was the only real standout. He had great composure when the pressure was on. The young, stocky-ish guy around CHF at first glance didn't seem like much, but had a deceivingly high rate of acceleration and a good football brain. I also noticed that Redcliffe's ressies were overly boistrous. It does not reflect well on the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know who Milligan is now Budgey? - I'm guessing you would know the colour of the soles of his boots? - this may have been all you seen all game, him running away from you, with the ball.......Toot, Toot

Good game today - Nambour always in control and never threatened. The game did not rise to any great heights. I did not hear boo out of the Redcliffe bench although their reserves carrying on like pork chops close to the bench was always going to make it look bad for the coaches box.

This is not meant to be disrespectful but I can not see Redcliffe winning this comp after what I saw today and last week. I will get to see possibly the first final early as I will watch them and Caboolture next week - depending on results they may be playing again the week after.

Nambour #5 needs to pull his head in and was very un-Nambour like. 50m penalties and getting sent off may cost them dearly in the finals - may.....

No real dominant Nambour players, there backs were good and nothing of note to report on about Redcliffe.

Mate, I have read your posts over the last few months and bit my tongue as you normally shoot yourself in the foot with your comments... I am curious to know what the issue is with having a pumped up/boisterous bench? Having played a handful of games now, where we cop the same each week if not worse, I think you would struggle to find any of our boys complaining about it. It is just banter - it makes footy a bit more fun and intense sometimes. And to be honest any player that reacts to the sledging and responds obviously doesn't have his head in the game. Our Ressies are never disrespectful, banter is sometimes the difference between a player taking an uncontested mark and then dropping it. As long as the banter is not over the top (i.e. racist, etc) you seem to be the only one concerned with it.

Regarding your analysis of the game... Nambour were better on the day but the gulf is not that far as you make it out to be. I think it helps when you have umpires that allow players to continue playing even after they have thrown punch after punch. i.e no.5. A few of the Nambour boys I spoke to after said they never felt comfortable until the siren went so you might want to liase with your team before posting your comments. I think come finals no one is assured a place in the GF.

Do we get to meet you one day? All a bit 'Cloak and dagger' with you, would love to buy you a drink.

What a finish this year will have this weekend. Has been a greatly contested race for finals spots across both grades.

Neutral you'd have to be waking up early to head to Logan this week?!

Anyone have predictions for League b&f in both grades? I say it will be as hotly contested as the ladder has been all year.

Geelong - did you read the post above yours? It seems that I am not the only one who thinks your ressies were carrying like 2 year olds. I have absolutely no problem with supporters supporting - they help make the game what it is. What I take offence to is d i c k head comments when your side is losing as your boys were. It makes your club and players look like idiots.

Your comments are just another example of people only being offended when they don't agree with someones comments.

Geelong - did you read the post above yours? It seems that I am not the only one who thinks your ressies were carrying like 2 year olds. I have absolutely no problem with supporters supporting - they help make the game what it is. What I take offence to is d i c k head comments when your side is losing as your boys were. It makes your club and players look like idiots.

Your comments are just another example of people only being offended when they don't agree with someones comments.

I thought we are all entitled to an opinion on here mate no matter how dumb that opinion may be... And I was asking a question which you have answered. It's seems a bit rich mentioning our ressies as you have now a few times already. If clubs have any issues with the banter that goes on then it gets reported. And I stand to be corrected but there have been none thus far. Suggest you stick to commenting on the footy, and even that could be done in moderation.

want to liase with your team before posting your comments.

just want to make it clear (again) that Neutral isnt aprt of Nambour and none at the club has any idea who he is.

this week is a big week leading into finals. hopefully UQ can beat ipswich in the ressies to give our boys a top 3 berth!

just want to make it clear (again) that Neutral isnt aprt of Nambour and none at the club has any idea who he is.

this week is a big week leading into finals. hopefully UQ can beat ipswich in the ressies to give our boys a top 3 berth!

I love that there are so many possibilities to consider. I'd say that UQ v Ipswich will be a good battle.

I thought we are all entitled to an opinion on here mate no matter how dumb that opinion may be... And I was asking a question which you have answered. It's seems a bit rich mentioning our ressies as you have now a few times already. If clubs have any issues with the banter that goes on then it gets reported. And I stand to be corrected but there have been none thus far. Suggest you stick to commenting on the footy, and even that could be done in moderation.

I shared a beer with your Ressies after our game Geelong and found them no more boisterous than any other team.

Every club has passion for their own colours which can be the differene between getting the win or not sometimes. I agree that a line about personal abuse needs to be drawn. I can cop my share of abuse (and have done so) but I think people should be able to laugh it off at the end of the day. If they can't then chances are the line has been crossed...

Thanks Ass Jar - I think your the one I called the Nambour Nutter? Just briefly, for those that have not been following. I am Neutral and get to watch mostly Redcliffe, Nambour and Caboolture due to the Venga bus having restricted routes. The Venga bus is a term that those who use it have coined for the Veterans Affairs bus (this is mostly a car depending on numbers) that takes ex injured Defence people back to their families, shopping or the footy if wanted away from full time rehab.

If it apperas that I lean towards Nambour it is because as stated before that I have learnt to respect them from observing what they do on and off the field. I think all would agree that they do this OK? I will be watching with interest how they handle #5 in the comming weeks as he has the potential to disrupt their finals campaign by the way he conducts himself - as I said "very un-Nambour like". Both Caboolture and Redcliffe have been the massive improvers in this regard this year and is the reason I believe that they are in the top 3 at the moment. Redcliffe still have a way to go and will struggle in finals (sorry Geelong if you don't like that - it is only my opinion). I have seen more of Redcliffe this year than any other side due to the above mentioned Venga bus and Redcliffe have not won me over - why? A long way to go in the attitude department - but have improved on last year with out a doubt.

All I say is based on my Neutral opinion - sorry to Monxy, I have not given much detail in the past couple of weeks as the torrent that comes back starts to wear me down a bit, so I have decided to only give general match feedback.

Good luck to all in the comming finals and I look forward to watching Redcliffe/Caboolture this weekend.

Nambour #51 for the league B&F - may not have played enough though. I haven't seen much of Milligan but as a previous winner he will be up there. Possibly #11 from Caboolture as an outsider.

I think with this weekend deciding who will finish where it is time for another round of grand final predictions. Maybe if we take our own sides out as i still feel that both our sides are good enough to be there.

Reserves - UQ v Ipswich (If the buffs don't make it and I feel we are a huge chance)
Seniors - Nambour v Caboolture (If we don't make it but again I feel that we can get there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back