2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is you two wont be sharing a froffy tomorrow.

Ha ha I think you may be right there mate.

Good to see passion but wish we could all just get along ;) ha ha

Anyway it's a new day. Nice and fresh and the sun is shining. Looks like a great day for footy. Good luck to all. Hope there's a clean bill of health for all teams after the round and the ball bounces your way (excluding Logan- sorry lads).

Now excuse me I need to have my breakfast in a hyperbaric chamber to get the old lungs going!

Ha ha I think you may be right there mate.

Good to see passion but wish we could all just get along ;) ha ha

Anyway it's a new day. Nice and fresh. Sun shining. Great day or footy. Good luck to all. Hope there's a clean bill of health for all team and the ball bounces your way (excluding Logan- sorry lads)

HA, been on here for 7 years now, trust me, this is largely tame compared to how I've other clubs get along. This guy just runs of passion and isn't interested in the other perspective.

Brizzle and Its a Crock VS Watto, now that was entertainment!

HA, been on here for 7 years now, trust me, this is largely tame compared to how I've other clubs get along. This guy just runs of passion and isn't interested in the other perspective.

Brizzle and Its a Crock VS Watto, now that was entertainment!

Glad I could bring back some good nostalgia for you. Pity I missed that one but I'm sure it was grand! :)

Good luck to all once again. Will Neutral be spotted this week?

Congratulations to finals teams in both grades.

It has been a hell of a year and I look forward to the finals series. Good luck to those still playing and to those preparing for Mad Monday celebrations hold your heads high for a great year.

Feel free to support the Coomera Ressies in the finals!!!

Great game of footy today people - it had everything, big marks, free flowing, hard contests and well deserving of being next weeks semi - I wonder if Caboolture can reverse the result at home next week? It seemed as though Caboolture always had control of the game yet Redcliffe just kept in there and got up by 2 goals. Where has Caboolture #28 been? He was superb today and probably second best to Redcliffe #9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it wasn't for a mate bucks party mate next week, I would of been a sure thing. Been itching to get back to see the old Division.

My last game as a player was against your mob, dangnabit! :p
Well I hope we were kind to you then :)

A bucks definitely takes priority!

Just our luck that we get a Sunshine Coast team in the finals and have to travel to the neutral ground- on the Sunshine Coast ha ha

Reckon finals should be played at home ground advantage where possible - is the big plus you get for finishing higher IMO. Understand some grounds aren't set up for finals but where possible reckon it should be. Certainly up to the prelim anyway.

Reckon finals should be played at home ground advantage where possible - is the big plus you get for finishing higher IMO. Understand some grounds aren't set up for finals but where possible reckon it should be. Certainly up to the prelim anyway.

Yeah I agree. It'd be a difficult thing to organise. I know we had to pass on hosting finals with a concern about the cost v profitability.

I thought it could be a consideration to have the 2 Seniors finals at one ground and 2 Ressies at the other. Think that way you would get teams to stay and watch the game before or after their own.

But hey I don't get paid the big bucks!

So are the match ups this week...

Seniors

Nambour - bye
Caboolture v Redcliff at Caboolture?
Beenleigh v Logan at Beenleigh?

Reserves

UQ - bye
Coomera v Nambour at Nambour?
Beenleigh v Ipswich at Beenleigh?

just not certain on how it all works haha

in the ressies, coomera vs nambour will be at caboolture. and beenleigh vs ipswich will be at beenleigh

in the ressies, coomera vs nambour will be at caboolture. and beenleigh vs ipswich will be at beenleigh
Yeah that's how I think it goes. Good for Beenleigh having 2 home finals.

I don't envy being a Logan or Ipswich supporter down at Beenleigh!

From my understanding and certainly history, the reserves matches are linked to the senior matches where possible if the same club is playing in both. ie home ground doesn't go to the higher finishing side but it does for the seniors. a la the Caboolture set up this wend. Don't have a problem with this - 2's footy can be problematic at best anyway if the A grade side doesn't make the finals as all of a sudden a whole stack of blokes can become available which is a massive advantage anyway.
I think its good having the 2's and 1's playing together - provides great atmosphere and alot better gate in the main.

SMY - pretty much agree - location will always go to the 1's team which is how it should be.

Swooper surely you were under the influence when you wrote playing both grade games at the same venue for finals? Whilst yes it may get people to stick around can imagine the pull on resources to get support staff to 2 different locations potential 300 kms away. Granted this can still happen under the current structure but under your idea it would be gaurenteed.

interested in the assessment of Logan from kp and the commera boys - seem to have posted a couple of convincing wins in games most thought they would lose - have they hit form at the right time?

SMY - pretty much agree - location will always go to the 1's team which is how it should be.

Swooper surely you were under the influence when you wrote playing both grade games at the same venue for finals? Whilst yes it may get people to stick around can imagine the pull on resources to get support staff to 2 different locations potential 300 kms away. Granted this can still happen under the current structure but under your idea it would be gaurenteed.

interested in the assessment of Logan from kp and the commera boys - seem to have posted a couple of convincing wins in games most thought they would lose - have they hit form at the right time?

I was raised to believe no suggestion is a bad suggestion, however in this case perhaps I will admit my suggestion isn't bullet proof ha ha

I was going to suggest that the only difference would be made if the 2 sides play in same final (ala Beenleigh this year and us last year). Either ways final structures will never work for everyone :)

Logan have been a Dark Horse all year in both grades based upon availability of players. I would suggest that the premiership cups for both grades won't be heading to the engravers until the last minute.... They could be anyone's at this stage.

The big question is will the Buffs and the Cobras share a table at the League Medal this year. Is it still being held Monday week? My invitation from the league appears to have gotten lost in the mail ;)

Logan would now appear to be a genuine threat, if they can replicate the form from a couple of weeks ago then their early season results will be a very distant memory!
Nambour must be stoked with the upcoming fixtures, it's a regular 'rivalry round'. Caboolture & Redcliffe rematch & the Buffaloes at home to the Cobras..
The ressies is looking like an 'on the day' proposition, qualified players could be the key ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back