2012 SEQAFL Division 3 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck swoops my man.

And how about those tigs ay.
Cheers Morro.

Yeah anytime you have 20 more scoring shots than the opposition you'd be stiff to not take the points. Something satisfying about beating the bombers too. We have quite a few "vocal" Essendon supporters at the club. Well, they were vocal in the first half of the year anyway ;)

Owned the ball did the Tigers - Bombers have dropped away as dramatically as any club this year - shithouse side. Reckon Hird might be wondering if coaching was such a good idea after his little honeymoon period.

It's nice to know I have been missed. I have been a little ill and just got out of hospital yesterday. Obviously I missed last weeks game and will miss today's. I am hopefull of making the GF to give you my Neutral Observations. What happened to Nambour? Injuries? Cocky? Just a blip on the radar? I reckon Redcliffe have been comming for a while. What happened to Caboolture? Same questions as above. The venga bus won't take me to Kedron next week but I have arranged a private lift to watch the big one. Good luck to all teams today and my tips are for Nambour to bounce back (depending on my queries above) and Ipswich seniors to get up.

It's nice to know I have been missed. I have been a little ill and just got out of hospital yesterday. Obviously I missed last weeks game and will miss today's. I am hopefull of making the GF to give you my Neutral Observations. What happened to Nambour? Injuries? Cocky? Just a blip on the radar? I reckon Redcliffe have been comming for a while. What happened to Caboolture? Same questions as above. The venga bus won't take me to Kedron next week but I have arranged a private lift to watch the big one. Good luck to all teams today and my tips are for Nambour to bounce back (depending on my queries above) and Ipswich seniors to get up.

Welcome back NT. hope you are ok mate.

I thought only a month ago you had written redcliffe off? Seems they have come good at the right time. Well managed? Or good luck?

Nambour are going to have their hands full today.

See you next week NT ?

Bad luck mate. Wish I could have seen it by the sound of the result.
Yeah mate. The lead changed more times than I do underpants (not that that's too often).

All I know is that Strathpine need a new siren before they come up next year!

Scores level last quarter, siren goes and umpires let the game go for 20seconds. Siren sounds again as Ipswich kick a goal to go up by a goal. Controversy but AFLQ did the right thing IMO.... Sure Ipswich don't agree. 5mins each way played so Ipswich get the biscuits twice.

Again, great game in good (although passionate) spirit. I know my opponent was quite vocal towards me.... Clearly swoopa is not incognito.... Ha ha :) Might need some tips from Neutral.

Great year by our boys only 2 years into having Ressies. Thanks to all clubs for a good year. Will enjoy getting some skin back on my knees and not copping punches in the head for a while!

Good game swoop, very entertaining. Bad luck in the end, but gotta be proud of the effort the whole team put in. Bring on mad Monday ay?
I'd much prefer to be playing Next week but Silly Sunday and Mad Monday will help me forget :)

Extremely proud of our lads. A lot of young boys that did the club proud today. Next week should be another cracker. Today was worthy of a GF in itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of fatigue?

Nambour were missing a few keys but think they have been missing for weeks, bad luck to them since they have been the clear stand out all year.

Full credit to Mick (president of Ipswich) for pushing for the extra time to be played. A lesser bloke would have just taken the result and made my disput very difficult. Excellent to know there are true gentleman left in the game. Micks words "if we are going to win we are going to win right" and they did. Well done to the eagles and good luck next week.

Nambour were missing a few keys but think they have been missing for weeks, bad luck to them since they have been the clear stand out all year.

Full credit to Mick (president of Ipswich) for pushing for the extra time to be played. A lesser bloke would have just taken the result and made my disput very difficult. Excellent to know there are true gentleman left in the game. Micks words "if we are going to win we are going to win right" and they did. Well done to the eagles and good luck next week.

Well said and great to see!

Wow. UNBELIEVABLE! inconceivable improbable unlikely.
I Saw the game. The cobras had 4 key players out (According to the bloke I was talking to. And they have won by 3 goals. Have a function on tonight. I will post some b/s or report as such. tomorrow.
The tiges are in for a fight, These blokes don't lie down.

Wow. UNBELIEVABLE! inconceivable improbable unlikely.
I Saw the game. The cobras had 4 key players out (According to the bloke I was talking to. And they have won by 3 goals. Have a function on tonight. I will post some b/s or report as such. tomorrow.
The tiges are in for a fight, These blokes don't lie down.
how good was the old bloke number 24 for the Cobras, keeps getting better with age

Here's how I saw this game-
For Nambour-
Spring was very pacy, and gave Nambour good drive.
Stanley was solid, and the young bloke out on the wing, gave nambour forward line plenty of ball.
Nambour forward line was open .There was nowhere for the Cobs backmen to hide.
Plenty of space to lead into. But apart from the second quarter the Cobs backline dominated
Possum was his usual classy self, sure knows how to kick them. Haven't seen him play a bad one.
The Cobs Vice Capt was his opponent, and conceded Possum was the best opponent he's had to play on.
Number 5 for Nambour, don't worry about wearing that headband, mate.- we can still see your bald spot!.
He Tripped himself up, and the umpire gave him a free, which resulted in a goal.

Overheard the umpires adviser saying at half time-
"Your making a few mistakes guys! that free to number 5 for Nambour, was a result of him tripping himself up. Not good.."

For the Cobras-
Mill was double tagged, and still BOG. Say no more.
I heard and saw 3 morningside talent scouts, watching Mill, and a couple of others(prolly number 5 for nambour too:D ).
Rehn was pivotal. He controlled the ruck, and gave milligan lots of ball.
Richardson was inspirational, and gave the team grunt.
Old man time, AKA- Brooksy was ever reliable.
Maxwell carrying an injury, continues a good finals campaign.
And there were others too. I don't really know their names.

Full credit to both coaches, I expected Ben Stanley would line up at FF, and drag the Cobs fullback up the ground.
Instead, he played higher up, and pulled the coaching strings from there.
Accolades to Cobs coach Skidmore, a number of master strokes has put this team, in a better position than last years side.- Gotta be coach of the year. Heres why-

Cobs Full forward Fletcher. Last year Was a great linkman around midfield.
The Coach plants him at Full forward. WTF? Your kidding?
Nah.- he's kicked 60+ goals this season - masterstroke by the Cobs coach..

Now the A-train Flowers is a Great full forward.
Cobras Coach puts him round midfield for the season. WTF?- Masterstroke! .
In fact he was so good, the umps wanted to award b&f votes for the game, just so they could give him 3 votes.

Perovic,This bloke can play all over the ground. Gets shunted into Fullback pozzie.? WTF?- Your Kidding?.
No, sorry Morro, He's not wasted at all playing fullback. Thats where the team needs him most.
-Master stroke again, By the Coach!!!.And Who is this guy?- Matt skidmore.

Is this the bloke "Neutal observer" and some other bloke, lambasted earlier this year about can't coach or something?
I hear he's an awesome player And, making a comeback next season. No wonder Mills leaving.-Coz they only give one league B&F medallion out each year.
Hats off to coach Skidmore, a number of master strokes has put your team in a better position than last years side.- Gotta be coach of the year.

Finally, Im glad i didn't make a prediction this week, and just as well! I would have had egg on my face again.
Nambour were expected to hit back hard after last weeks loss, and they did. Full credit to both teams for having a good hard crack.Only problem was after a very good first half, Nambour were over run by Cobs.. their structured plan went out the door.
They were suddenly like gutted Garfish!Players panicked, and just kicked instinctively forward without looking.
Made it easy for the Cobs to close out the game, and clinch a 2 goal win.The Cobs didn't look like better footballers then the Blues, But me thinks their coach extracted best out of them.
Now Redcliffes win over Nambour was more comprehensive, But this game was sudden death, and the stakes were higher.
So,It will be a toss up next week.I guess it Depends on how many Cobs remember the gutted feeling of last years GF spanking.
And I always seem to pick the loser,
So I better do the Kiss of death and back Redcliffe to win the GF next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back