2012 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

In reply to Too Hard,

Most country clubs have a large number of second (and third) generation players, Horsham is not unique in this aspect. And a lot of the previous generation Horsham players that you have mentioned actually played a lot of footy at other clubs during their careers, some for $$$. Maybe after Horsham gets its ten in a row some of the current Horsham players could be enticed to other clubs for $$$ which would even the comp up!

You are very right, we are not unique. I was just trying to make the point that club loyalty is not dead at our club and as you pointed out at other clubs either. I think the simple answer is that we are very lucky to have really good players at the moment, with ties to the club or otherwise. And you could be very right about players leaving if we were lucky enough to win the tenth, who would know.

Horsham were never down the ladder for any great length of time. It’s mostly a myth they have created.
As I said before people only remember who won the flag, not the positions on the ladder. I am only speaking of my time at the club early 80's until now. Whilst we have won the last nine, if we had missed a few of those our record would be about 2 -3 premierships per decade. It is only really the last 9 that seem to be the issue.

Thoughts on tomorrows games?
I'll go with:
Horsham v Warrak - 8 goals
Stawell v Saints - 10 goals
Ararat v Murtoa - 4 goals
United v Dimboola - 15 goals

Thoughts on tomorrows games?
I'll go with:
Horsham v Warrak - 8 goals
Stawell v Saints - 10 goals
Ararat v Murtoa - 4 goals
United v Dimboola - 15 goals

Gina Reinhart over Brimackabeal by 10 goals.

Saints over Saints by 4 points.

Kookoos over the Rats by 2 points.

Roos over Imperials/Wonwonderwhowillplay. 21 goals.

No chance. I'm tipping Brimackabeal won't even make the grand final this year.

Fancy,
Big call that, Warrack have beaten Dimmy, Saints and Burras. All be it by small margins. Which of these teams do you see having the best 2nd half of the season and making the Grand Final? Its hard to split them and I reckon the Eagles are still the best side to challenge Horsham for the flag.

Fancy,
Big call that, Warrack have beaten Dimmy, Saints and Burras. All be it by small margins. Which of these teams do you see having the best 2nd half of the season and making the Grand Final? Its hard to split them and I reckon the Eagles are still the best side to challenge Horsham for the flag.

I know that I’m on my own with this but I don’t think the Eagles will get into the grand final. They have some injury worries with some of their guns and in my opinion they are top heavy with talent.

Dimboola could do anything; they are well coached and have the ability to punch above their weight. The first half of the season has seen them play without some of their key runners and many of them have carried injuries. Watch out for Braithwaite to tear it apart in the second half of the season.

Minyip are still a rugged side who tackle hard and take no prisoners. They have often been closer to beating the big teams over the last five years than most. They always fail to blow away teams that get less of the ball. If they can make it into the final three then they may be the team that can conjure some unlikely wins.

The Saints will hurt some teams in the second half the year, as Stawell might but they won’t penetrate when it matters at the end of the year.

The Horsham side is extremely fit, they prepare better than any other club through the grades. Their pressure on the ball carrier is unrelenting and they have an ability to clear from the stoppages no matter who gets first or second hand to the ball. They are yet to play with a ‘full side’ but not many of us know what that will be until the last game of the year. Because so many of their second and third tier players are extremely fit and well drilled they have the ability to rotate huge amount through the senior team without compromising their playing style.

Not sure who will play them in the grand final but for me it’s Horsham all the way.

37 matches since Horsham last lost which was also against warrack at Anzac Park Rd 10 2010 these two will play off for the 2012 Grand final

Warrack Eagles 4 4 28 : 6 7 43 :13 8 86 15 9 99
Horsham 2 4 16 : 6 11 47 7 12 54 11 16 82

37 matches since Horsham last lost which was also against warrack at Anzac Park Rd 10 2010 these two will play off for the 2012 Grand final

Warrack Eagles 4 4 28 : 6 7 43 :13 8 86 15 9 99
Horsham 2 4 16 : 6 11 47 7 12 54 11 16 82

How did Warrack go about beating them? Was it raining during the match?
Watched the United vs Dim match yesterday where Lachie Exell kicked 12 goals in wet conditions.

Putting this one out there...Any chance stuey farr is going to do the right thing and put the team first ahead of his individual prioritys as it is clear they now have a fight on their hands to win no.10? He is struggling this year again and as per last year he is clearly not in their best 22 yet continues to get a game because he is coach. When other players return from injury should/will he keep his spot? Thoughts?

Putting this one out there...Any chance stuey farr is going to do the right thing and put the team first ahead of his individual prioritys as it is clear they now have a fight on their hands to win no.10? He is struggling this year again and as per last year he is clearly not in their best 22 yet continues to get a game because he is coach. When other players return from injury should/will he keep his spot? Thoughts?

You will find Stuey did not play on Saturday and in cold and wet conditions sounds like his hardness was surely missed. That alone brings him in as a stand up start.

In most of Horsham premierships you will find the name farr as a best player. Enough said.

You will find Stuey did not play on Saturday and in cold and wet conditions sounds like his hardness was surely missed. That alone brings him in as a stand up start.

In most of Horsham premierships you will find the name farr as a best player. Enough said.

I agree with Oldbomber, it will be hard for him to warrant a spot in their best 22, considering he has only played 3 games this year and has been plagued with injury.

Slenko, no denying he has been a good player for Horsham over his career, but recently he has definitely dropped off the pace. He has only been named in Horshams best 3 times over the last 3 years (according to the WFL website), and hasn't featured in the best in the last couple of Grand Finals. I'm not sure if maybe being the coach he makes himself absent of the best, but of the games I have seen him play over the last few years he hasn't had any influence.

Will be interesting, to see which way their selections go. Maybe experience will get him over the line? I personally wouldn't have him in there.

I agree with Oldbomber, it will be hard for him to warrant a spot in their best 22, considering he has only played 3 games this year and has been plagued with injury.

Slenko, no denying he has been a good player for Horsham over his career, but recently he has definitely dropped off the pace. He has only been named in Horshams best 3 times over the last 3 years (according to the WFL website), and hasn't featured in the best in the last couple of Grand Finals. I'm not sure if maybe being the coach he makes himself absent of the best, but of the games I have seen him play over the last few years he hasn't had any influence.

Will be interesting, to see which way their selections go. Maybe experience will get him over the line? I personally wouldn't have him in there.

Selection is about putting all names on the board and selecting your best 21. Looking at Saturdays side for Horsham Farr, Parish & Lloyd did not play and one would think they would be available for finals. Whilst Gabbe, Stacey & Pennant are all good young prospects with bright futures and couple of other bit players like Bennett & Thomson, the 3 aforementioned absences from Saturday are stand out selections.

Selection is not always about if a person deserves their spot, it can be a matter of does the other available person deserve that spot more. Whilst Stueys best football is probably behind him, against these other names selection is a lay down misere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selection is about putting all names on the board and selecting your best 21. Looking at Saturdays side for Horsham Farr, Parish & Lloyd did not play and one would think they would be available for finals. Whilst Gabbe, Stacey & Pennant are all good young prospects with bright futures and couple of other bit players like Bennett & Thomson, the 3 aforementioned absences from Saturday are stand out selections.

Selection is not always about if a person deserves their spot, it can be a matter of does the other available person deserve that spot more. Whilst Stueys best football is probably behind him, against these other names selection is a lay down misere.
Just face reality and get over it.Horsham was beaten fair and square.Yes they had maybe two or three out but the Eagles were missing their number one forward in Jesse Murphy,CHB Jae McGrath who in the first round give Skurrie a touch up,Cade Wellington was a late withdrawal who is a massive loss in the forward line and more depth thru the midfield and most of all number one ruckmen Dean Gunn who is cruising in the twos at the moment.So let's wait for the finals,bring them on.No pressure on the Eagles.

Just face reality and get over it.Horsham was beaten fair and square.Yes they had maybe two or three out but the Eagles were missing their number one forward in Jesse Murphy,CHB Jae McGrath who in the first round give Skurrie a touch up,Cade Wellington was a late withdrawal who is a massive loss in the forward line and more depth thru the midfield and most of all number one ruckmen Dean Gunn who is cruising in the twos at the moment.So let's wait for the finals,bring them on.No pressure on the Eagles.

Flightplan, you may wish to go back and actually read the thread and see what context the post was made. It was all about if Stuey Farr should be selected for finals and nothing at all to do with Saturdays loss.

So not sure what you are on but you continue your conversation over there with yourself and we will continue this one over here!!!!

How many players do Horsham have to come back into their senior team? Are there any / how many players from last years grandfinal team are missing that can come back and play? Warrack's midfielders seemed to do as they like on Saturday and were good on the spread.

Yes they can do it no one else before last got anywhere near Horsham . Now the pressure will be on Horsham with Warrack equal top only seperated by %. chance to be 3 games clear of Dimboola who they play this weekend.

Is the Wimmera League better of without the rabble that is United?
and do we really want to endup having a 8 team Competiton? wfl will never get back to a 10 team comp better off keeping united they are not the only worst team in Victoria they use to be a strong club similar to Ararat even nhills not like what they once was .

and do we really want to endup having a 8 team Competiton? wfl will never get back to a 10 team comp better off keeping united they are not the only worst team in Victoria they use to be a strong club similar to Ararat even nhills not like what they once was .

Not to sure I agree with use to be a strong club. They were strong on the field for a while but of field they have continued to change their identity, change their venue and generally struggle for support.

In hindsight they should have stayed at North Park at developed a complex that could have rivaled all in country Victoria. Unfortunately they chose to want what everyone else has and not forge their own destiny.

IMHO would be great to see Donald & St Arnaud in WFL. Does not create much extra travel for existing clubs and by dropping one Horsham based team, there would be an over flow of players to those out lying WFL clubs similar to what happened back in 1980's before 3 Horsham based clubs.

Not to sure I agree with use to be a strong club. They were strong on the field for a while but of field they have continued to change their identity, change their venue and generally struggle for support.

In hindsight they should have stayed at North Park at developed a complex that could have rivaled all in country Victoria. Unfortunately they chose to want what everyone else has and not forge their own destiny.

IMHO would be great to see Donald & St Arnaud in WFL. Does not create much extra travel for existing clubs and by dropping one Horsham based team, there would be an over flow of players to those out lying WFL clubs similar to what happened back in 1980's before 3 Horsham based clubs.

Slenko, we are interested to hear as to how you judge a strong club as opposed to a strong team?

I agree North Park would have been the way to go, look at all the Auskick kids there on Sundays, a lot of these kids don't have ties to any footy club, The Diggers would still have 1st access to these kids if they were at North Park. As it is now there nothing feeding juniors to the club, be it a school, Home ground location or another junior club or program.

I have heard that The Diggers push to train at the City Oval on Tuesdays & Thursdays on alternate weeks is gathering real momentum though. Perhaps SLENKO you could shed some light on this.

I have heard that The Diggers push to train at the City Oval on Tuesdays & Thursdays on alternate weeks is gathering real momentum though. Perhaps SLENKO you could shed some light on this.

I believe the WFL Commision has sent a letter to the Horsham Rural City Council asking for Horsham and Horsham United to have alternate use of the City Oval on Tuesday and Thursday nights. IMO Horsham being the traditional occupier of the City Oval, they should have first choice on when they train there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back