2012 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutsy win by Dimboola today to win by 33 points after Horsham Saints threw everything at them in the 3rd quarter. Peter Macfarlane & Ollie Braithwaite were probably the two matchwinners both having great games.

Big weekend coming up for both Horsham & Dimboola with both reserves & seniors playing each other. Would be great to see Horsham knocked out. Go roos.

Does anyone know what the go with Paul Adlington is, heard he has sore/broken ribs?

it should be a close grand final match i hope between Horsham and Warrack thats after Horsham Punishes the ROos of Dimboola i still dont see warrack winning the grand final though horsham will move up another level come grand final day whats your thought i'm interested?

it should be a close grand final match i hope between Horsham and Warrack thats after Horsham Punishes the ROos of Dimboola i still dont see warrack winning the grand final though horsham will move up another level come grand final day whats your thought i'm interested?

I am hoping Horsham can make it to the GF but we don't have a great record in Prelim Finals, but I suppose that is from along time ago. But the extra week of footy will be good for Horsham and if we can get over Dimboola it will be a tough close encounter against Warrack.
Horsham surely must be the underdogs this year. Roll on Sunday and as they say, let's take one week at a time.

What's everyone's thoughts on who is going to win the toohey medal? Steve schultz is obviosly the favourite for the medal who are other contenders that could be a chance?

Watch for the Saints Phil Butsch to come home real strong in the Toohey Medal tomorrow night. Will be giving the leaders a decent head start after missing the first part of the year through illness.

What are everyones thoughts on the admission price to finals? What about how the players have to pay to get in even though they are the ones putting on the show. I find this a bit unfair, considering that the umpires get in for free and get paid to umpire each game. The Horsham District League give passes to the players involved with finals games. I know the Wimmera League used to but I dont know why they changed it. Might I also add that I thought the umpiring at yesterdays Preliminary Final was the best so far this finals seriries. No harm in praising them considering all the negative feedback they seem to get.

Is Paul Adlington a Chance apparently he has been the best player of the Horsham side

What are everyones thoughts on the admission price to finals? What about how the players have to pay to get in even though they are the ones putting on the show. I find this a bit unfair, considering that the umpires get in for free and get paid to umpire each game. The Horsham District League give passes to the players involved with finals games. I know the Wimmera League used to but I dont know why they changed it. Might I also add that I thought the umpiring at yesterdays Preliminary Final was the best so far this finals seriries. No harm in praising them considering all the negative feedback they seem to get.

They should be allowed in for free. I never new they had to pay to play in the grand final

They should be allowed in for free. I never new they had to pay to play in the grand final

One thing you can be assured of is the commissioners will get in for nothing. Whilst the players risk life and limb to put on the entertainment the commissioners will sit back in the heated comforts of the office whilst swigging alcohol again supplied free by WFL walking around in their jackets supplied free of charge. Whilst I have no greivance against the commissioners having some spoils for what they do, when that is lined up with players having to pay to get in to supply the entertainment, something stinks!!!!!

Watch for the Saints Phil Butsch to come home real strong in the Toohey Medal tomorrow night. Will be giving the leaders a decent head start after missing the first part of the year through illness.

Absolutely stoked for this man. Has been through a hell of a lot this year and to come through it with the 2012 Toohey Medal is an incredible achievement. :thumbsu:

In HDFL the players no longer get passes to get in for free and the clubs no longer get reimbursed for their players, which used to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely stoked for this man. Has been through a hell of a lot this year and to come through it with the 2012 Toohey Medal is an incredible achievement. :thumbsu:
Yep. I would like to echo those comments. Well done to Phil Butsch, a well deserved winner.

Phil Butsch what a star i would have never thought he would be the winner. Bloody good effort Butschy

Damien Thompson & Ross McRae make way for the Rebels duo, Blake & Lloyd. Ripper day of footy awaits. 98% of the footy public on the Warrack bandwagon, hoping for an Eagles win to breath life back into footy in the Wimmera.

Eagles by 15 points.
Binns Medal - Steve Schultz

Good old Frank Dossett.......how many yrs do you reckon he has sat up on the City Oval hill and watched local footy?

In reference to the HDFL WFUA grand final umpires (the FORMER wimmera league umps) in a letter in todays mail times he states,
"when thinking back on the game i realised that i hadn't noticed the umpires in charge of the game. There were no questionable decisions, no overumpiring, just a smooth flowing game. Great effort fellas!!"

Lets hope that if Franks watchin tomorrow he will be able to make the same comment.....no pressure men in WHITE!!

Damien Thompson & Ross McRae make way for the Rebels duo, Blake & Lloyd. Ripper day of footy awaits. 98% of the footy public on the Warrack bandwagon, hoping for an Eagles win to breath life back into footy in the Wimmera.

Eagles by 15 points.
Binns Medal - Steve Schultz

One has to tip their hat to the Horsham Demons. Once again they have set the bar for all country sporting teams to emulate. They have shown that loyality not money brings success combined with good old fashioned hard work and sportsmanship.

This feat should place WFL in the spotlight of regional sport. One would think even the City Council could rise off their seats and host a civic reception for the club in recognition of this achievement.

By all reports the clubrooms were buldging with families celebrating on Saturday night and again on Sunday for their junior count. All bodes well for the next decade.

It may give rise to other clubs to forget how to bring down an empire but to concentrate on how to build their own!

Just face reality and get over it.Horsham was beaten fair and square.Yes they had maybe two or three out but the Eagles were missing their number one forward in Jesse Murphy,CHB Jae McGrath who in the first round give Skurrie a touch up,Cade Wellington was a late withdrawal who is a massive loss in the forward line and more depth thru the midfield and most of all number one ruckmen Dean Gunn who is cruising in the twos at the moment.So let's wait for the finals,bring them on.No pressure on the Eagles.

So the wait is finally over then flightplan......... Thank god Eagles had no pressure!

HAWKAS1887 you are entitled to an opinion like everyone else but have the balls to say I and not We!!!

When you want to use the word "WE" say who you represent don't hide your feeble existence behind the falsehood that you are representive of some group without specifying that group.

Hope you are enjoying the school holidays!

Farr no longer caoching Horsham, as in todays Mail Times. Whisper is this was planned for 6 months with Farr's ok, now he has turned back on his word. Players were going to leave if he was still coaching.
Probably bodes well for both club and farr, they'll retain players, and he'll make a sh1tload of cash coaching somewhere else.

Having a little chat to a few mates from Dimboola at a function over the weekend, and apperently Stu Farr been in contact with Dimboola well before the papers, and even before the WFL grandfinal. and also players like Brett goodes, Karl lohde and Ash clugston all heading back to Dimboola for 2013?. Brett goodes sure would leave a big impact on the wimmera league.

Farr no longer caoching Horsham, as in todays Mail Times. Whisper is this was planned for 6 months with Farr's ok, now he has turned back on his word. Players were going to leave if he was still coaching.
Probably bodes well for both club and farr, they'll retain players, and he'll make a sh1tload of cash coaching somewhere else.

Members of The Horsham Football Club appear to be saying a lot of things about Stuart Farr at the moment and most of it is quite unsavoury.

Nobody on the board has yet been able to articulate why they say Hardigan and Bourke will be better coaches then Farr.

The story now coming from the board that there would have been a player walkout if Farr continue is absurd.

The story that he was selling himself to others through the season is also a lie.

To treat Farr with such disrespect and maliciousness is poor behaviour.

Having a little chat to a few mates from Dimboola at a function over the weekend, and apperently Stu Farr been in contact with Dimboola well before the papers, and even before the WFL grandfinal. and also players like Brett goodes, Karl lohde and Ash clugston all heading back to Dimboola for 2013?. Brett goodes sure would leave a big impact on the wimmera league.

Well if those 3 players all played for Dimboola next year you could nearly lock in a grand final, all amazing players in there own right. Do you know who is the most likely out of the three to play?

Stuart Farr would probably be the best coach in the region to end Horshams reign for obvious reasons, would be an interesting choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back