Competitions 2012 SuperCoach / Dream Team Questions Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Please do not start your own thread to ask a question on an individual player, instead keep your fantasy footy questions in here for our Carlton posters to answer at their will.

Players i am looking at from our Blue Boys....

Waite. Will be relatively cheap and i think he will have a big year but he is a risk but may just become a keeper booming in $$$$.

Judd. Say no more he is the champ!

Murphy. See above

Bower. Has hit rock bottom $$$ wise but how many games he will play is the risk.

Yarran has the potential to be the most magical player in the AFL. I'm taking the punt that this is the year he shows us. Hark's training report does nothing to dampen my enthusiasm. Always hard to take off the navy shades when looking at your SC team though. Is awkwardly priced.

Interesting that with so much SC love for Murph out there, Judd will almost be a POD. Again I refer to Hark's work, but he has him looking like the lightning quick, burst of speed Judd of old. Could play more of an outside role this year. Not sure how that will affect his scores, but a Juddy with upside is tantalising. Would it be crazy to start with Judd, Murphy AND Gibbs in the middle? Crazy like a fox! *byes not withstanding*

Bower could be a great pick up if he gets some games under his belt this season. I'll have Juddy in my team like usual and it will be a toss up between Murphy and Gibbs.

Bower will be around the 200k mark i think which is not much more than a Rd1 rookie!

He had an average of 90 odd pts in 2009 from memory before injury hit him.

Whilst I would hate to see Scotland get suspended for the first 4 - 6 weeks of 2012 (see the bar brawl thread), it does potentially open the door for a Lucas, Touhy, Bower or Russel to break into/cement a spot in the side. It's not unlikely that any of the above could have a break out season. Bower should at the very least make you some quick $$. Food for thought.

Would also reduce some of the headaches in choosing your premium backs. Not hoping he goes mind you, just pointing out the SC silver lining.

What are the thoughts on Kruezer? Should be well and truly recovered from the knee reco now, is he likely to kick on and push the 100 points/week mark? If so he's at a reasonably attractive price.

Judd VS Murphy?
I have gone Murphy because I see him having a big year and I can start to see Judd slipping and is getting older. I don't mind spending the extra $ on him over Judd and I reckon he could score more than Pendels and NDS for the whole year.

On another note, surely Bower is a lock at only $157,200?

Yep! Cannot believe that price. Absolute LOCK. :thumbsu:

What are the thoughts on Kruezer? Should be well and truly recovered from the knee reco now, is he likely to kick on and push the 100 points/week mark? If so he's at a reasonably attractive price.

I have Kruez and he is good value $$$ wise and in for a big year.

Judd VS Murphy?
I have gone Murphy because I see him having a big year and I can start to see Judd slipping and is getting older. I don't mind spending the extra $ on him over Judd and I reckon he could score more than Pendels and NDS for the whole year.

I could not split them and make a solid case for leaving out one or the other so i didn't and took both! :D

Interested in Russell as a good mid range back who should improve on last year. Will he be best 22 when fit? And could he hit 85+ avg?

Also Walker, averaged 77 last year and rumours he may spend more time in the middle this season. What do you reckon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's Robinson looking? Will he get defensive jobs or allowed to smash packs and kick goals at will?

Not that defensive jobs are a total negative as at least he's near the ball, but prefer him making the play.

Also - Bower? really a first 21?

How's Robinson looking? Will he get defensive jobs or allowed to smash packs and kick goals at will?

Not that defensive jobs are a total negative as at least he's near the ball, but prefer him making the play.

Robbo is looking fantastic, as always. With regards to his role it will most probably be a little from column A, and a little from column B.

There are some defensive roles he just does excellently, so don't completely discount him playing those roles, at times.

I do, however, expect that to be the minority. Most of the time he'll be through the middle of the ground, drifting forward and hopefully impacting the scoreboard.

That should equate to plenty of touches, plenty of tackles and possibly a fair number of goals as well.

He's not in my side at the moment, but he's certainly not far off it. One to seriously consider. As a pure mid he probably wouldn't get a look in, but the fact he's a forward as well makes him a really attractive option.

Also - Bower? really a first 21?

At full fitness it's not out of the question, but I don't see it.

If he returns to full fitness and gets into the side, he could be an amazing bargain at that price.

But he is, of course, at that price for a reason. His past 2 seasons have been destroyed by injuries.

One to monitor through the preseason for sure.

The longer I play, the more I become a premium/rookie selector from round 1 (LemmingMaster will be pleased :p).

I'm wary of Bower (will he play enough games?) and Robbo who is a bit mid-priced for my liking and I'd only pick him if he was going to significantly raise his average, which I don't see yet. Lenny hayes and/or Barlow might provide better mid-priced value if you were going that way.

Kreuzer might be a good get as he has the capacity to raise his average this year, and saves you some $$$ on picking two premium priced rucks.

Yarran would be a solid pick, but if he playes Rd 1, Tuohy might provide a wiser choice as a potential money earner and upgrade option hopefully after a price rise.

Robbo is looking fantastic, as always. With regards to his role it will most probably be a little from column A, and a little from column B.

There are some defensive roles he just does excellently, so don't completely discount him playing those roles, at times.

Are there specific teams who he will more than likely be used as a tagger against?

Will just help me decide whether maybe he's a better prospect as an upgrade target.

Thanks for your advice though, will take it on board.

Judd VS Murphy?

Judd's never been a huge scorer, get his hundreds but doesn't clock 120 often, but Murphy has that potential to be cracking that for a couple of reasons

1) Higher kick to handball ratio (Murphy 1.3 vs Judd 0.9)

2) More likely in front of goal (Murphy 22 at 62.9% vs Judd 14 at 46.7%)

3) Gets more time in space, therefore picks up a few more uncontested marks. (Murphy 4.4 vs Judd 2.6)

Interested in Russell as a good mid range back who should improve on last year. Will he be best 22 when fit? And could he hit 85+ avg?

Also Walker, averaged 77 last year and rumours he may spend more time in the middle this season. What do you reckon?

Hard to tell what happened to Jordan the love muscle russell last year. Had a cracking 2010 (averaged near 90 i think sc) but last year was a write off. Clearly best 22 but lacked the confidence or was injured & didnt play. No one had much info on this and there were gws rumours abound. def wait for nab cup form.

Could see walker upping his scoring maybe to 85 ish. with renewd confidence and a bit more mid time. His body seems to be right and he is fit and firing at training apparently.

Both risky option that could have a good upside but cant see either averaging over 90

Are there specific teams who he will more than likely be used as a tagger against?

Will just help me decide whether maybe he's a better prospect as an upgrade target.

Thanks for your advice though, will take it on board.

Generally always gets the job on dustin fletcher. More than likely only to do that role 4/5 times per year. google his output vs essendon over the last few years for an indicator of that role. cant see it damaging his scoring too much imo

had kreuzer had a solid pre season? he was looking like a monster last year if i remember right? will he push warnock out of the first ruck role or be 'forced' to play forward for large parts of the game?

Sam Rowe, any chances to play? He's a Fwd/ruck so will be gold to upgrade Giles or the Big O to a forward once they max out in price.

Sam Rowe, any chances to play? He's a Fwd/ruck so will be gold to upgrade Giles or the Big O to a forward once they max out in price.

I think you can pencil in around 5-8 games this year and more if he does well which is a big chance. Could do a lot worse with a bench pick IMO and ruck DPP is great flexibility.

Sorry to intrude, just wondering if Jamo's injury will open the door for Bower to get some early games?

Not intruding and that is what this thread is for. :thumbsu:

Honestly i think Bower will get his fair share of games anyway or we would not of retained him instead of Irish and the Jamo injury does open the door a bit. But at 157k he is a lock for me. If he does well in his first few games and remains injury free he will play the full season and he is very important for us down back when on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back