Mega Thread 2012 Supercoach & Dreamteam Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2012 Supercoach/Dreamteam Questions & Answers

How is Jack's pre-season going? Is he fully fit?

Not hearing anything spectacularly good or spectacularly bad. Would seem to indicate a good preseason that isn't setting the club on fire. He had a very injury interrupted year last season so I expect such a preseason to have him set for a strong 2012.

How is Gary Rohan looking?

Have been hearing he's been running well and building his tank over the preseason. He's in my side.

Goodesy, will he go round again and dominate or should i look for an up-and-comer from elsewhere (Zaharakis, Martin, Robinson etc.) who's a bit cheaper...

Thank you.

Hows Tommy Walsh going

Tom Mitchell - seems like a good rookie choice. Is this true - will he play much? Will he play round 1?

Doubt it, has a fair bit of competition for a midfield spot. But should a couple get injured he'd be a good pick up. Was a ball magnet as a junior.

Hows Tommy Walsh going

Great guns, looking pretty good to line up at FF from Rd 1.

Goodesy, will he go round again and dominate or should i look for an up-and-comer from elsewhere (Zaharakis, Martin, Robinson etc.) who's a bit cheaper...

Thank you.

Goodes from almost all accounts has had one of the best off-seasons he has had in his career. Running tremendously well, taking time off his PB for the 3km and generally being a beast.

how is sam reid training? is he a good sc selection?

Has put on 3kg over the off-season and looks to be running well. I have him in my side atm.

Will Jed Lamb get much game time this year? Can you see him scoring well?

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's certainly put himself in a good place to regain his spot in the backline. Been one of the best runners this preseason (always in the top 5 or so of the time trials) and was brilliantly consistent last year playing on talls and smalls. I doubt he'll be a consistent high point scorer though. I'm sure his rebounding will improve with time but I doubt he'll be a huge scorer this year.

Unbelievable the lack of premium defenders (100+avg), Goddard and Delidio are automatic selections but I'm having a hard time choosing between Mal and J Grimes.

Given Sydney's trade policy over the years, the swans usually draft players that will slot into the first 22, what is everyones thoughts on Tony Armstrong as an option for super coach playing across half back in the role vacated by kennelly?

and also i feel that Gary Rohan is set for a 3rd year break-out season, he's got all the tools and at 293k he is at a fairly juicy price given he only averaged mid 50's last year due to what i thought was a development season playing as the sub on 4-5 occasions, Could be a great cash cow and starter for 10 weeks or so. how has he been tracking pre-season?

Is Tommy Walsh almost certain to be lining up at FF Round 1 ?

Given Sydney's trade policy over the years, the swans usually draft players that will slot into the first 22, what is everyones thoughts on Tony Armstrong as an option for super coach playing across half back in the role vacated by kennelly?

and also i feel that Gary Rohan is set for a 3rd year break-out season, he's got all the tools and at 293k he is at a fairly juicy price given he only averaged mid 50's last year due to what i thought was a development season playing as the sub on 4-5 occasions, Could be a great cash cow and starter for 10 weeks or so. how has he been tracking pre-season?

Armstrong has been part of the rehab group for most of teh pre-season, but l guess look how he performs during the NAB cup (we paid a pretty penny for him so the coaches must rate him)

Rohan isn't the type suited to fastasy footy (maybe SC) atm sydney are just expecting him to get arnd 15-16 possies and a couple of goals, provide defensive pressure when playing up forward and a bit of run when playing short bursts in the middle

I'd personally be cautious as Armstrong was sort of a unique trade for the Swans in that he is originally from NSW and wanted to come home (and had wanted to play for the Swans for a whole). So whether we saw him as a player that would slot straight into the side is debatable.

Also whilst I believe Walsh will play from round 1, would not take it as a given to include him in any DT/SC side, as I'd think his scoring potential will be fairly limited early.

I'd personally be cautious as Armstrong was sort of a unique trade for the Swans in that he is originally from NSW and wanted to come home (and had wanted to play for the Swans for a whole). So whether we saw him as a player that would slot straight into the side is debatable.

Also whilst I believe Walsh will play from round 1, would not take it as a given to include him in any DT/SC side, as I'd think his scoring potential will be fairly limited early.

I've got Walsh as a rookie simply because he's going to get games pumped into him. I was actually about to post that it's pretty much guaranteed that our trades will get games, but as you said, Armstrong sought the Swans out rather than the other way.

How's Morton tracking? Is he in the mix of your best side?

May i ask how the big sausage eater's going? Has that knee interrupted his pre-season or has it been spotless so far?

Running well and has slimmed down from last year. Still a hulking presence and has had a preseason that should set him up for a great year.

How's Morton tracking? Is he in the mix of your best side?

Have heard little about how Morton is tracking the offseason. He was injured briefly earlier but I think he is in full training now. Have heard him speak and he seems fully committed to doing whatever necessary to get his career back on track. At his best, he's in our 22. I think he'll start the first month or so in the 2's but I have little clue as to how he will be used in reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back