DuffTv

Debutant
Oct 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
THE MAP 20 minute Pilot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuAcx1gZzMk

Well here it is THE MAP (TSL version)

This is a pilot clip that runs for 20 minutes and the purpose of it is to show TSL Clubs and AFL Tasmania just how a weekly TSL segment could look. My aim is to produce a 26 week series in 2012 starting a week out from round 1.

At this point in time the TSL is the only major football competition to not have a weekly football panel style show. Every suburban Melbourne metro league has their own show aired either on Channel 31 or Youtube. Even locally the STJFL has its own segment which will run for 16 weeks in 2012 produced by Duff TV.

The TSL version would include seniors and colts as well as Mariners and Tas under 16's. Being online it would be accessible to anyone at anytime and old episodes would always stay uploaded.

Regardless if the ABC coverage goes ahead Tasmanian football needs this and I welcome your feedback and comments.

This is a concept that is not at the mercy of TV stations. This is something that if clubs and AFL Tasmania choose to run with would be here year after year.

THE MAP 20 minute Pilot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuAcx1gZzMk

Get on board !!!

These are the sorts of things that help strengthen a league and its supporters, creates intrest and people talk !!!!!

Lets not forget that the people power is what makes clubs tick and its also what makes for a strong and attractive league.

Get behind "the map" , its easy for us to bag out or come up with comments to make the league and its clubs better , but here is something that has been done with great enthusiasm and the well being of our game in tassie is at stake , the least we can do is support it!

Duff is a friend of mine, and its easy to see the passion and concern he has for the game in tassie, this product is one built on the need for further exposure for our clubs , its players , club sponsors and general footy heads alike.

I can see that with further endorsement that this could also be used as a tool of communication for clubs and the league to spread the AFL message to all parts of the state, from auskick upwards.

It is up to us , the football community in Tasmania, to get behind someone with the balls to "do something" and help strengthen our brand as the premier league in Tasmania.

Kind Regards

Brennan Savage
Clarence Football Club
Development Manager

Couldn't agree more sav, duff and hutch tv do a great service to Footy in Tas and I suggest we all get behind this concept! Maybe include sfl and old scholars to create more interest! Also sav now people know your code name they can also see where you have slagged people off! Still behind you on this though!

Good concept and look forward to hopefully seeing it next season. What would you need to get the show up and running, is it just funds or do you need AFL tas to support it?

Get on board !!!

These are the sorts of things that help strengthen a league and its supporters, creates intrest and people talk !!!!!

Lets not forget that the people power is what makes clubs tick and its also what makes for a strong and attractive league.

Get behind "the map" , its easy for us to bag out or come up with comments to make the league and its clubs better , but here is something that has been done with great enthusiasm and the well being of our game in tassie is at stake , the least we can do is support it!

Duff is a friend of mine, and its easy to see the passion and concern he has for the game in tassie, this product is one built on the need for further exposure for our clubs , its players , club sponsors and general footy heads alike.

I can see that with further endorsement that this could also be used as a tool of communication for clubs and the league to spread the AFL message to all parts of the state, from auskick upwards.

It is up to us , the football community in Tasmania, to get behind someone with the balls to "do something" and help strengthen our brand as the premier league in Tasmania.

Kind Regards

Brennan Savage
Clarence Football Club
Development Manager
Spot on! Couldn't agree more.

Duff made the point about suburban leagues in Melbourne having panel style shows...but all suburban, and virtually all major country leagues in Victoria, have a live radio broadcast of one game each weekend as well. The TSL is a fair way behind, so something like a weekly Web TV show would be a massive step in the right direction in getting more exposure for the competition.

Fingers crossed you guys get the green light to press ahead with the concept.

Get on board !!!

Kind Regards

Brennan Savage
Clarence Football Club
Development Manager

Have to say I thought the program was very good. Maybe not like the old channel6 footy show on sunday, last century:D, but a dam good effort none the less.
This will be good for the internet generation, but how do we get some enthusiasm & general public support for this league?
Shouldnt that start at the top? I mean what does this league do to market itself? Apart from the Aker thing its been about as exciting as the old Hobart abattoir. (Bloody Dead boring place that was:p)
Do Argyle st want this thing to work or not? Clubs are flat out trying to survive, how can they stimulate some interest.
I know the crowds at NHO were the worst in 8-9 years at least.
To attract & keep the best players why cant Argyle st help clubs increase the salary cap? All the seem to want to spend money on is more shiney bum administrators. So far they havent done SFA about improving the leagues appeal or standard.

This will be good for the internet generation, but how do we get some enthusiasm & general public support for this league?
Shouldnt that start at the top? I mean what does this league do to market itself?
All very good questions.

I don't know the answer....but I do enjoy watching the TSL and I think it's actually a very good competition. Each club has their own experienced players, but it's also exciting watching the next generation of talent come through the ranks. The footy is of a good standard, games are played at grass roots level (Lauderdale, Windsor Park), but you also get games on premium facilities like Bellerive and Aurora Stadium.

In an ideal world, clubs would have the cash to compete with the VFL and SANFL, but they don't so they need to make do with what they've got. The positive is that 'locals' are returning home - Laycock, McKenna, Thorp etc. But it's hard to convince a Victorian kid, for example, to move down to Tassie. The lifestyle isn't that appealing.

Should clubs consider more "fly in" players? Maybe...it certainly happens in Country Victorian leagues where a player based in Melbourne trains in Melbourne but drives up to the bush on a Saturday for a game. It takes an hour to fly to Hobart...some guys drive three or four hours from Melbourne to play in country Victoria. But again, there are cash issues with that concept.

Tasmania will always have the "North v South" issues. Unfortunate. It holds the state back. Supporters of Hobart based clubs won't travel to the north to watch their team play, and vice versa. I know some disagree with the fixture, but in my view they have it right by scheduling more 'local' games between teams in the north or south.

AFL Tasmania don't help themselves, the empire run by Scott Wade seems to be polarizing the football community. You can't treat one club differently to another - fans aren't that stupid. Decisions such as the one to abolish the reserves, and uncertainty about Hobart's future are other examples of divisive behaviour which I actually think demonstrates poor leadership. The TSL needs a manager who can read the tea leaves and do good for the competition. Unfortunately the more decisions Wade makes, the worse things get for the TSL.

Administration needs to improve their website, their advertising, their media coverage and just keep pumping the message out there that TSL footy is an exciting concept and hope the public will buy into it.

All very good questions.

I don't know the answer....but I do enjoy watching the TSL and I think it's actually a very good competition.

This league has been running for 5 minutes. AFL Argyle st said they would let the new state league settle in for the first 5 years & then look to change what needed changing.
What crap, they havent stopped trying to micromanage the league & the clubs & the SFL & Junior footy since day one. Never have we seen any kind of logical strategy to anything they do.
The rules, the structure, marketing, club support etc etc have been chopped & changed on near daily basis. In fact Club support seems to be done on the basis of what personal support Mr Wade gets. It seems to be run like Libya or Syria, certainly not like any sort of professional organisation that I can think of.
The messy changes that Tassie footy has been through over the last dozen or so years looks to continue. The clubs battle to keep their heads above water, except maybe those being bankrolled. No wonder the public have little confidence or respect for TSL footy. Just look at the poor crowds, that'll tell you what the public think.
Tasmanian football is just a play thing & a nice little earner for one person.

HNY

This league has been running for 5 minutes. AFL Argyle st said they would let the new state league settle in for the first 5 years & then look to change what needed changing.
What crap, they havent stopped trying to micromanage the league & the clubs & the SFL & Junior footy since day one. Never have we seen any kind of logical strategy to anything they do.
The rules, the structure, marketing, club support etc etc have been chopped & changed on near daily basis. In fact Club support seems to be done on the basis of what personal support Mr Wade gets. It seems to be run like Libya or Syria, certainly not like any sort of professional organisation that I can think of.
The messy changes that Tassie footy has been through over the last dozen or so years looks to continue. The clubs battle to keep their heads above water, except maybe those being bankrolled. No wonder the public have little confidence or respect for TSL footy. Just look at the poor crowds, that'll tell you what the public think.
Tasmanian football is just a play thing & a nice little earner for one person.

HNY

Very well written, couldnt agree more!!

Adding to your point about crowds, the SFL grand final attracted more people than the TSL grand final, i think people are happy with they local competitions, but are weary of AFL TAS with there history of mis-management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to everyone for making positive comments on THE MAP.

Fingers crossed we can make it a goer for 2012.

Happy new year to everyone.

Martin Duffy

Fantastic stuff if "THE MAP" can get up and running pity we don’t have a community tv station like Channel 31 in Tasmania All the best with this Duff.

I'm happy to report to MAP fans that there has been a development at my end and things are looking good.

Its best to not elaborate too much until it's all across the line but lets just say I'm looking forward to the season ahead.

On another topic I have heard big Sharmo has gone back to live/work and play footy in Wynyard. Any mail on this?

That's a shame because one of the fun segments we are looking at doing at THE MAP is finding out who is the STRONG MAN of TSL football.

I had my money on Sharmo to take out the bench press which is the competition we are planning on running!

The competition is open to 5 players from each club plus one supporter.

Maybe Wiggo would be a chance but hang on he's not involved in the TSL either!

Ok who can tell me how one runs a bench press comp.:thumbsu:

STOP PRESS: Jackson O'Brien > Central Districts

Duff

On another topic I have heard big Sharmo has gone back to live/work and play footy in Wynyard. Any mail on this?

Confirmed a few weeks ago in the advocate and win news if I recall. Is moving that way for work and knows the coach well from what I remember. He originally came from the club so makes sense.

I'm happy to report to MAP fans that there has been a development at my end and things are looking good.

Its best to not elaborate too much until it's all across the line but lets just say I'm looking forward to the season ahead.

That's a shame because one of the fun segments we are looking at doing at THE MAP is finding out who is the STRONG MAN of TSL football.

I had my money on Sharmo to take out the bench press which is the competition we are planning on running!

The competition is open to 5 players from each club plus one supporter.

Maybe Wiggo would be a chance but hang on he's not involved in the TSL either!

Ok who can tell me how one runs a bench press comp.:thumbsu:

STOP PRESS: Jackson O'Brien > Central Districts

Duff

Good luck with the programme. Why dont you open the bench press & maybe a sit up contest to local players too. People like Sean Salter at Brighton would give it a nudge!!:eek:

I would just like to thank those who have phoned and emailed me recently asking where things are all at for me regarding THE MAP footy show. It's great to know people support a concept that has been on the drawing board for many years and believe me its not going to not go the distance.

THE MAP may not be up and running just yet but Flash and I have been busy taking our online TV concepts forward and here is a sample of where its all heading in internet TV land.

Its pretty basic but for what it is it works. I am still confident of doing something similar for the TSL in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTCWe1SE2uk&list=UUf7dQmR7Y77luaNcEUH-tOw&index=1&feature=plcp

OLD Skype recording

I was having a look through some old clips and here are some rippers from 2007 & 2008. Gee we were talking about footy show concepts even back then.

Such a shame for Tassie footy that I haven't been able to bring this vision through to reality for you all.

According to the people who run the game no-one is interested in THE MAP and similar concepts and they are very happy with the promotion of TSL as it is.

The suggestion is for clubs to go out and make footy panel shows happen themselves. Good luck I say editing highlights, doing interviews, capturing, uploading and generally creating interesting content. Its sure to get the viewers wanting more every week and putting bums on seats.

A ripper clip here http://blip.tv/duff-tv/the-map-pilot-version-as-at-31-3-2008-792784

Re: OLD Skype recording

No doubt you can get together some costs and flick a note around the clubs seeing who would be interested in contributing towards the program? There'd have to be something in it for them, eg live HD to the clubrooms on a Thursday night before it got put on the web the following day or something.

Mate I think THE MAP and Duff has had his day with all this.

I'm moving on.

I hope not Duff. More than ever the game needs support & a bit of passion from all of us. The self interested dinosaurs at Argyle st wont last forever. Even the AFL by now must be at least a bit concerned about the mess the TSL is in.
We still have hardly seen the start of the s**t fight their will be over the Hobart, North Hobart & Hutchins ( sorry I meant Sandybay:D) juniors/city licence.
Maintain the Rage men!!!

I am happy to report that a STJFL version of the MAP will be running for 12 weeks from mid June.

Thanks to great support from Tasmanian company Cripps the Master Baker THE MAP will cover ages 8>18 and comes off shorter 4 episode screenings in 2010 & 2011.

So THE MAP is not dead and who knows maybe a TSL version may surface at some stage.

Duff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back