2012 V8 Supercar Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be more wary if I'm in the Development Series given I'm hearing the Dirty Dangerous Dude is considering an appearance to be honest. At least Villeneuve can steer a car at a decent speed.

Buggered if i know why he is in the dunlop series because it is to develop guys like Percat, Mostert & McLaughlin

Sandown 500 this weekend, the 500 should never have left there in the first place (after 1998) but anyway. Qualifying format similar to the PI 500's with separate races for co-driver and main driver (last year they could run either driver in whichever mini race), not sure if a pit stop is required. Combined positions determine grid.

THE FIELD [Short blurb about co-driver]
(1) Whincup/Dumbrell [Paul hasn't driven in a race since the final round of last season]
(2) Tander/Percat [Running 4th in the Dunlop Series]
(3) D'Alberto/D.Wood [Brother Glen was still in the running for the Supercar Showdown seat last week.....]
(4) Holdsworth/Baird [Doing the Porsche races at Singapore GP next week.....which means we have to put up with Beattie on Ten alone with Rust]
(5) Winterbottom/S.Richards [9th in NZ V8 Super Tourers]
(6) W.Davison/McIntyre [Leading the V8 Super Tourers championship across the ditch]
(7) T.Kelly/Blanchard [Lowly 8th in the Dunlop Series]
(8) Bright/Jones [Not sure what Andrew's done since the 12 Hour]
(9) Van Gisbergen/Youlden [Hauling an older Falcon to 6th in the Dunlop]
(11) Reindler/Gaunt
(12) Fiore/Halliday
(14) Coulthard/Besnard [Car junked in practice on Friday]
(15) R.Kelly/D.Russell [Replaced injured Murphy for 2 rounds before Villeneuve stint]
(17) Johnson/Simonsen
(18) Moffat/A.Davison
(19) Webb/McLaughlin [Dunlop Series leader]
(21) Wall/Pither [Ute Series champ from last year did opening round of that series this year, 1st drive in V8 since slamming into Paul Weel at Bathurst a few years ago in the Team Kiwi car]
(22) Courtney/McConville
(30) Douglas/Pye [3rd in Dunlop Series driving a T8 car]
(33) Premat/Perkins
(34) Caruso/Ritter [Still plastering]
(47) Slade/Thompson [Have a 5 place grid penalty after Slade belted Jonny Reid in practice]
(49) Owen/DDD [Seemingly stayed out of trouble this year......so far]
(51) Murphy/O.Kelly [Murph's first drive in months, Owen's only real drive was qualifying Shrub's nationwide car at Montreal]
(55) Reynolds/Canto [Fastest car in practice]
(66) Ingall/Klien [Yes it's the same bloke who plodded around in F1]
(91) Patrizi/Reid
(888) Lowndes/Luff

My summation of Channel 7's coverage...

Replay, replay, replay, interview, maybe a few seconds of racing, ad break. Been a little while since I managed to catch a race, but some things never change...

The amount of replays were annoying but then to have so many slo-mos of cars getting a wheel off the ground was just bloody annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see nothing wrong with Winterbottom's pass at all.

I thought Whincup would go off all together and drop heaps of places.

We all saw that little hint Ross Stone left us in the telecast on the weekend. It appears that the news everybody knows is set to be confirmed at 1pm today. Can't wait to see Mercedes in the sport personally :D

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/champ...-with-ford/tabid/70/newsid/12936/default.aspx

Stones To Finish Up With Ford

61324_7_1.jpg

1:00 PM Wed 19 September, 2012 Source: BigPond Sport
TODAY’S announcement that Stone Brothers Racing will not race Ford Falcons in 2013 brings the curtain down on 14 years of SBR using the ‘blue oval’ product.
After three consecutive V8 Supercar Championships with Marcos Ambrose (pictured) and Russell Ingall between 2003 and 2005 - as well as a Bathurst win in 1998 with Jason Bright and Steve Richards - Ross and Jim Stone’s team will use something other than a Ford product for the first time in its history.

What was the hint? I missed it.
Larko was in the SBR garage on the weekend chatting to Ross during the race about how the team was travelling and then said something like "And you've got a new works deal in the pipeline, good times for SBR". Then Ross smiled and said "I've got no idea what you could possibly mean" followed by laughter from Skaifey, Crompo & Larko.

We all saw that little hint Ross Stone left us in the telecast on the weekend. It appears that the news everybody knows is set to be confirmed at 1pm today. Can't wait to see Mercedes in the sport personally :D
It's not really a Mercedes you know? Mercedes-Benz are not even participating in it. It's just the team that runs their GT cars (look in the motorsport photos thread), wants to participate in V8's.

It's not really a Mercedes you know? Mercedes-Benz are not even participating in it. It's just the team that runs their GT cars (look in the motorsport photos thread), wants to participate in V8's.
I associate 'Erebus' with mechanical destruction, and mass death. Certainly not a name I would choose for a motorsport team.
Shame they're not running the SLS, I guess it's not really a 'touring' car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back