2012 Western Australian Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

I would of thought Hogan overtook Martin some time ago. 6 goals now.

Martin hasn´t done a great deal this year.

**** I hope FREO have a serious crack at hogan in the mini-draft.
Draft him (hogan) in,spends a year training & learning what AFL Footy is all about and debuts round 1, 2014.

Another kid to keep an eye on in a years time apparently is Jonathon marsh, younger bro of state u/18's rep. harry marsh.
J.Marsh 192-193cm super athlete (gun at basketball too) and runs like the wind, currently playing league footy (m/river hawks) in the SWFL.

Harry Marsh is related to Mitch and to Brad Sheppard.

He's 193cm tall and solid, he played pretty well for Easts yesterday through the middle, plenty of clearences and a decent kick.

Had a calf problem early in the third, but made it back on the last and had an impact. Probably needs to work on his endurance and work around the ground.

What's the rule on overage players? Isn't it something about only having two?

Maybe that's why Millar wasn't selected.

Rule on overage players is there has to be an exceptional circumstance, ie Lachie Dennis couldn't play Colts last year as he was injured. Millar should be in instead of Stokes.

Rule on overage players is there has to be an exceptional circumstance, ie Lachie Dennis couldn't play Colts last year as he was injured. Millar should be in instead of Stokes.

He's just so consistent and very tenacious. Reading taps well and is a very smart clearence player. After a while it became predictable that he would win the clearence. :thumbsu:

Pushed forward well and kicked a couple of goals.

I know it's a long ways out but i can't see Jacob Coniglio getting drafted, he might have had a bad game down forward with very little supply but he's to small and has a genuine lack of pace.

If ever there was a case to include an overage player in the WA state 18's academy squad, it should apply to David Madut.

Has only been playing the sport for a few years.
Would benefit greatly by being in an elite program with quality coaching.

As has been mentioned already on this thread, he has the tools.

It's only his kicking that needs special attention although he's made dramatic improvements in that area as well - compared to last year.

If you get a chance to see him play you might see one of his "mega" handpasses. I've seen him launch a couple 20 metre bombs hitting a team mate on the chest.

I hope Fremantle take a punt on him in this year's draft. At least as a rookie.

Keep an eye out for Brayden Antonio, #3 for West Perth.

Played 16's with Chalmers and probably lacks consistency but impacts matchs with his power running and neat left foot.

Very much in the mould of Andrew Gaff and Kade Simpson, outside lefty with an elite engine and keen goal sense.

Played a blinder on the weekend just gone.

I have played footy with Laine Wilkins before and is just a gun player, with a bit more muscle on him could be a real star. Another guy who I have played with is shaun baker if he can stay injury free would love to see him get a crack at afl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris DeLuca and David Madut from Subiaco have just been added to the squad. Not sure of others from the other clubs but will find out.

Dean Kent from Perth must me close to a call up for state side was brillant on the weekend.

His delivery of the footy is so good.

Thomas Omedei and Daniel Bin Omar from east perth are also very good talent that I think will get picked up, at some stage.

Dean Kent from Perth must me close to a call up for state side was brillant on the weekend.

His delivery of the footy is so good.

Thomas Omedei and Daniel Bin Omar from east perth are also very good talent that I think will get picked up, at some stage.

Kent has some impressive numbers to his name but for me he rushes his disposal under pressure too often, throws it on the boot without looking.

You are right though, he must be close, finds the ball well, tank looks iffy and he's very physical.

Jamahl Bedord was impressive when he flashed in and out of the contest.

Went to Subiaco v West Perth.

Antonio was West Perth's best, but I see why he was left out of the squad.

Mcalister from Subiaco, 2013 prospect. Was on the bench for the most part, but when he got the ball he cut West Perth up.

Cody Grace, again from Subiaco. An absolute monster of a kid, eligible for the 2014 draft but he was pretty much the biggest player on the ground. Super quick power forward.

Connor Wilkinson, another 2014 prospect. Fast!

Went to Subiaco v West Perth.

Antonio was West Perth's best, but I see why he was left out of the squad.

Mcalister from Subiaco, 2013 prospect. Was on the bench for the most part, but when he got the ball he cut West Perth up.

Cody Grace, again from Subiaco. An absolute monster of a kid, eligible for the 2014 draft but he was pretty much the biggest player on the ground. Super quick power forward.

Connor Wilkinson, another 2014 prospect. Fast!

Yeah all good kids.

Josh DeLuca (State 16's) younger brother of Chris is another one to watch. Should make his debut sometime this season.

Cameron Wohling is another really good one. Was picked in the WA 18's this year and then strangely, said no thanks. But I hope he sticks with it. Immense talent.

Oh yeah, James Garcia is another Subiaco colt who might be on the radar. Great at winning the contested football. Good overhead. Just needs to take the longer kicking option sometimes instead of the short hit up. Nothing wrong with his kicking, it's just a matter of looking beyond the first line and kicking 40 metres instead of 20.

Wohling is pretty much always impressive, as is Halligan who leads the Subi midfield week in week out.

James Garcia plays a bit behind the ball, but he's wins his fair share of it as well. Probably needs to step up to League level before he's seriously considered. Looks capable enough for senior football and Subi's League side is a little stale.

Alex Sheed played at FB and won most one on ones, gave away just the one goal all day on a much larger opponent, kicking from defense was a feature.

Cameron Wohling is another really good one. Was picked in the WA 18's this year and then strangely, said no thanks. But I hope he sticks with it. Immense talent.

I quite like Wohling too. Obviously hasn't played a lot of football, but he has showed enough signs. Provided he commits fully, he should be rookie listed at least.

WA have a pretty short squad this year. Still not 100% convinced about some of the listed heights (McIntosh and Wilkins for example), but most of the draft prospects for WA this year are midfielders anyway. The key for WA will likely be how they defend against the KPFs.

Chris, just on David Madut. Sadly, he has injured his knee. (It was in that game against Claremont). He will have had scans today. Fingers crossed it isn't a 12 month job. So I suppose that explains why he is not listed in the WA 18's squad on the AFL site, even though he was a late inclusion last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back