2012's Scapegoat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Who cops it this year when the chips are down? Fan favourite Jake King? The out of proportion Matty White? Or Dusty, for not picking up 35 and kicking 5 goals every single game. Post your thoughts. Speaking of Post, I think it's gunna be Jayden. Like many also ran KPP's before him, players in the ilk of Ray Hall, Luke McGuane, Posty, your time has come.

Hopefully no one.
But I'm certain the likes of Matty White and Shane Edwards and Brad Miller (when he plays) will have their share of detractors on here regardless of what they do (and for not getting Cotchin-type numbers!).
I tend to disregard the criticism of certain players are the reasoning is poor!

Agree that the Postman seems a likely type. If he doesn't produce a Rance-like up spike in form then he's gonna cop it from a few. Edwards also will cop a bit because he'll play regularly but rarely star, and it's easy to pick on his disposal.

Hopefully no-one stands out as 2012's Scapegoat - though as mentioned Edwards and Posty seem among the most likely. I can forgive poor skills at times - just the 'poor skill / poor decision-making combo' gets me every time when you see it. Both these guys have a habit of doing this. I hope they prove me wrong in 2012 as their best isn't bad.

Hardwick if we cop a couple of 100+ floggings.

Why did he not do .......

Why has he failed to adapt his plan on match day...

Hopefully no-one stands out as 2012's Scapegoat - though as mentioned Edwards and Posty seem among the most likely. I can forgive poor skills at times - just the 'poor skill / poor decision-making combo' gets me every time when you see it. Both these guys have a habit of doing this. I hope they prove me wrong in 2012 as their best isn't bad.

Poor skill/decision making: Daniel Jackson

If he gets suspended for a brain fade...

Hardwick for mine especially early on with a hard draw, being out of contract at the end of the year and with Mick Malthouse available to coach next year.
Hardwick has been in very hard position rebuilding this team (he's the first one who has had the balls to do it since KB) so hopefully the knives won't be out too early.

i dont have any scape goats.time in system, too many deficiencies and below standard performances are my sole criteria for criticising players. unfortunately far too many fit into these categories.

players like mcguane jackson white miller connors edwards tuck at times and all the usual suspects have been rightly criticised. if criticism is scape goating then half the list are probable scape goats.

I reckon this year's scape goat will be Grigg, if we need a scapegoat. We relentlessly chased him in Trade week, and if he doesn't fire, he will be seen as a failure by a few.

It'll be Edwards, because no matter what he does he is never dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griggs , over rated ruckman that will find it hard to get a game now we have recruited Maric.

Very poor trade with the benefit of hindsight... as soon as Griggs arrived at Punt Rd he looked far too short to be a modern day ruckman and as you say, 12 months on he has already been relegated from our first chice for follower.

& we certainly could use Andy Collins on the HFF now that TT & Morton are gone and McDonald is not 100%!

Sack the football dept!

Edwards, White, Jackson, McGuane... usual suspects. I think Grigg gets a bit harshly done by at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back