2013 All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally think McVeigh is a lock for a spot at HBF, one of Hannebery/Jack will get in too. JPK a little down compared to last. Malceski been solid enough this year, but probably not enough to make the cut.

Hibberd the biggest shock for mine, they really don't like breakout players do they.

And Hanley was never going to make it given the amount of time he's spent on a wing or up forward.

Good point about the breakout year. I'm not sure why it is so hard to isolate this year's performances and go from there. It's the 2013 team so look at 2013 performances. Simple. Look at each game in isolation and the accumulation of that gives you a picture. 2011 and 2012 should be completely irrelevant in this argument.

It's almost like saying Shane Ellen's 5 goals in the 1997 GF shouldn't really count because he did nothing to 'prove' it before that. He'll be remembered for one game only and so he should, his goals in the absence of Modra were the difference in Adelaide's first ever flag. Recognise it for what it is FFS.

Amazed at some of the omissions/inclusions but almost every year the top 4 dominates the squad and to an even greater extent the team.

Given the squad I would expect a side stacked with Top 3 players. Of the 15 only a few will miss I reckon.

B: Gibson (HAW) - Thompson (NM) - Johnson (FRE)
HB: Mitchell (HAW) - Taylor (GEEL) - Enright (GEEL)
C: Swan (COLL) - Selwood (GEEL) - Griffen (WB)
HF: Motlop (GEEL) - Reiwoldt (StK) - Wingard (PA)
F: Mayne (FRE) - Roughead (HAW) - Walters (FRE)
R: Minson (WB) - Pendlebury (COLL) - Ablett (GC)

I: McVeigh (SYD), Cameron (Giants), Hodge (HAW), Fyfe (FRE)

I reckon this team is pretty spot on, just Dangerfield instead of Wingard would improve it....

B: Enright Thompson M Johnson
HB. Mitchell Taylor McVeigh
C. Swan Selwood Griffen
HF. Wingard Cloke Jack
F. Thomas Roughead Cameron

Ruck. Minson Ablett Pendlebury

Int: Hannebury Boak Gibson Fyfe

Geelong 3
Hawthorn 3
Sydney 3
Collingwood 3
Fremantle 2
North 2
Port 2
Bulldogs 1
GWS 1
GC 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB Enright Thompson Gibson
HB Mcveigh Taylor Mitchell
C Griffen Pendlebury Swan
HF Dangerfield Cloke Fyfe
FF Cameron Roughhead Wingard
R Minson Ablett Selwood

B: Boak Goldstein Jack Watson*

Hawthorn: 3
Geelong: 3
Fremantle: 2
Sydney: 2
Collingwood: 3
Essendon: 1*
Port Adelaide: 2
Kangaroos: 2
Bulldogs: 1
Adelaide: 1
GWS: 1
GC: 1

R Minson Ablett Selwood

I'd probably prefer Goldy to get in ahead of Lindsay Thomas but can't see it happening. Goldy a very slim chance and LT 50/50

R Minson Ablett Selwood

When did we trade Minson :confused: :D

I think you can almost lock two Dockers in, the tend to do that with the top 4 teams.
Fyfe would be a deadset certainty but unsure on the second.

Walters in a pocket would be fair.
MJ off HBF / BP

But i'm starting to think Mayne may be a serious shot as well, the media just love him at the moment and there are some selectors right amongst that lovefest.

With that said, their will only be two.

This year the "2nd" ruckman will be Roughy.
Surely they will line him up at FF as he won the coleman. I see your point, i would want Goldstein in the side so it isnt too midfield heavy, can't just have 4 midfielders on the bench if it is to be realistic

Surely they will line him up at FF as he won the coleman. I see your point, i would want Goldstein in the side so it isnt too midfield heavy, can't just have 4 midfielders on the bench if it is to be realistic

They often go with a #1 ruckman and a forward to can ruck. Unfortunately Roughy can do that so almost a certainty to pick only one. I'd say Minson has a greater chance of being that #1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back