2013 Australian Open

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone's probably said this but I CBF going through 90 pages

That Courier interview with Fed after he beat Tomic had me squirming with embarrassment

90% of the interview was about Tomic, what a great future he had and the great home support etc.

He only spoke to Fed about his own game right at the end

I know it's not JC's fault, but gees it makes this town look like a backwater
he was probably told to say most of that stuff didn't have an option

Surprised Gasquet wasn't mentioned with Fed and Stan as having one of the best one handers in the game, it's a thing of beauty!

Can't believe Kuznetsova is only 27.

Feels like she's been around forever.

Yeah she won the us open at 19 or something along the lines of that

I'm not a massive fan of Gasquet's. Too topspinny for me. I grew up emulating Stefan Edberg, although I later switched to a more eastern grip than he uses.

If I was learning a one-handed backhand today, I'd probably be copying Tommy Haas. He has one of the cleanest, most uncomplicated and efficient strokes out there. Was an amazing shot during his heyday.

In fact this needs a thread. If there isn't one already.

Gasquet is certainly capable of flattening out his backhand and cracking winners down the line as well as anyone in the game today, but I agree for the most part he utilises topspin which is a bit of a waste for such a weapon IMO. Agree on Haas as well, he was incredible to watch when on song.

Discussion needs more Gaston Gaudio

gaston-gaudio.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone finding it weird watching players that are younger than them?

I (born September 3 1991) am.

First, Ben Mitchell (1993) and James Duckworth (1992.)
Then, Madison Keys (1995,) Laura Robson (1994,) Sloane Stephens (1993,) Bojana Jovanovski (December 31 1991,) Ashleigh Barty, Donna Vekic and Thanasi Kokkinakis (1996.)

Not to mention some upcoming players born in 1997 and an American by the name of Tornado Alicia Black who was born in 1998.

Even Bernard Tomic's a year younger than me.

You'll get used to it. I am older than most players on the ATP tour these days. Djokovic is younger than my little brother.

It's worse when you start hitting on girls who you realise weren't born until you were halfway through primary school.

Wozniacki deserved to be knocked out for her poor effort at throwing her racquet.

If you are going to do it, do it properly, the effort can only be described as dainty.

Is anyone finding it weird watching players that are younger than them?

Yeah, that's always freaky, although I'm used to it now. Sharapova is only two years old than me, that's the one that always gets me, does make you think what have you done your life, haha ;) B

I actually rate Kirilenko a small chance to upset Williams tonight. Probaly more wishful thinking but we shall see.

Replace Kirilenko with Raonic and Williams with Federer and I agree...

This Murray match is boring me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back