Podcast 2013 - BigFooty NFL Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is the latest podcast - in which we are joined by Blacky with a new segment, fuey and Brasher review the week that was, including the joy that has been the Eagles, and we learn of fuey 's latest success in line and margin betting. Largely due to Seattle's excellence...

Then we get fuey and Brasher to give us reactions to HAL9000's first segment, and GG joins us to revel in his victory over Woodson. While wearing a duck's uniform...

oregon-duck.gif

And, following his madcap celebrations, GG regales us with his latest pick 6...

We wrap up the games to come, and give you all the run down on Nnmadi and the following:

Who are the Jagurs? Couldn't Roger afford an extra A in London??

10519305874_a716e6400d_o.gif

Stafford can't quite get over his whole offensive line, so he goes for the whole "fake TD celebration" and then goes for his real end zone run...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-562-1382916436-16.gif

Surely this is helmet to helmet contact??? Brasher says it isn't...
10536695703_0172c81d84_o.gif

Why is a guy who is willing to be photographed posing like this:
Image-10-27-13-at-5.44-PM.png

punting for the Giants? And, given he is a punter, why didn't he just kick the ball away from the Eagles players instead of giving up the flop TD to the Birds?

baddayforapunt_medium.gif

Speaking of flops, is this the worst flop of the season?? Tayvon, what were you thinking???

Enjoy, as always feedback is graciously welcomed with open arms...

BpG

Who are the Jagurs? Couldn't Roger afford an extra A in London??

10519305874_a716e6400d_o.gif

Stafford can't quite get over his whole offensive line, so he goes for the whole "fake TD celebration" and then goes for his real end zone run...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-562-1382916436-16.gif

Will listen in a few days, did Stafford actually not make it over on the jump?

Also, you can see the 'a' in between the 'r' and 's', still funny that they can't spell but.

Am listening now....

Have finished listening to Blacky 's segment.

Excellent effort! You have a very good personality/wit, comes across daily on the board, and likewise on the podcast. If you can also join BPG, Brasher, and Fuey to make an Awesome Foursome in live discussion, that would be excellent. Overall, well done.

One suggestion tho....slow down a little more, was hard picking up words, names and bits of sentences.

Am listening now....

Have finished listening to Blacky 's segment.

Excellent effort! You have a very good personality/wit, comes across daily on the board, and likewise on the podcast. If you can also join BPG, Brasher, and Fuey to make an Awesome Foursome in live discussion, that would be excellent. Overall, well done.

One suggestion tho....slow down a little more, was hard picking up words, names and bits of sentences.

That is probably more due to my schizenhouse editing skills (madskillz 'bro!!) or lack thereof, rather than the quality of Blacky's original recording. And be careful what you wish for - we don't want two versions of the slowed down drawn out dulcet tones (like Barry White on really strong sedatives) that you deliver...

Will listen in a few days, did Stafford actually not make it over on the jump?

Also, you can see the 'a' in between the 'r' and 's', still funny that they can't spell but.

Good call - I missed the A, it is kind of reassuring that it was just a spelling error rather than a lack of kit/equipment.

As for the Stafford thing, no, the officials hadn't called a TD nor blown time (he hadn't been downed to end the play) - hence why he ran into the endzone just to be sure. IMHO was a very heads up thing to do, as I don't think he did get across on the first rush.

I've already recorded my next segment for the next podcast and made sure to quicken my speaking, put more animation into my voice. I'm slow and deliberate anyway, but it's also due to late night tiredness and reading while speaking.

Don't you want to see your current predictions fail before making your next set? :p

As for the Stafford thing, no, the officials hadn't called a TD nor blown time (he hadn't been downed to end the play) - hence why he ran into the endzone just to be sure. IMHO was a very heads up thing to do, as I don't think he did get across on the first rush.

Yeah, I only saw it as a highlight, so wasn't clear what was signalled. Clever of them though, twice over too.

Don't you want to see your current predictions fail before making your next set? :p

When you hear my prediction that was wrong on TNF, omg. As I explain in my yet to be published next segment. Anyway, it's really the same thing....me making six predictions....just adding a twist, and an excuse to be weird and not stale.

When you hear my prediction that was wrong on TNF, omg. As I explain in my yet to be published next segment. Anyway, it's really the same thing....me making six predictions....just adding a twist, and an excuse to be weird and not stale.

You flip-flopped on Dalton, didn't you? :p

You flip-flopped on Dalton, didn't you? :p
Yep, and worse. The whole segment is now violated, dirty, diseased. Needed to be killed with fire.

Mind you, I'm probably like a week ahead of myself. Predicted Dalton's clunker one week too early. So maybe Im actually even better than I realize :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished listening to the threesome segment with Brasher fuey and BeinPurplenGreen

Best main segment to date. The threesome itself work exceptionally well together. Truly entertaining and with high football acumen. If you get Blacky in on it, all four together, that would continue to work very well. unless you get another person or two wanting in on the live segment, you could have two groups: fuey, brasher, bpg doing one thing, and blacky and ?? and ?? doing another.

Onto some of the topics you guys talked about....

- Cam Newton being annoying....yep, totally agree, he's so annoying i had to trade him off in the empire league. Cant stand him.

- Mike Wallace struggling in Miami....fuey right call about you dont find #1 WRs in FA. Tho Wes Welker. But generally it's true. Also, know why steelers were happy letting him go. Further, buying a star studded team seldom works.

- AFC West....agree brasher that three teams could make the playoffs. Remember, that 5 year weird thing, where whomever the eagles first play at home ends up winning the SB. Chargers this year if it holds up for a sixth consecutive year.

- NFC East....very funny division statistically. Loved this topic.

- About the Giants punter....you can't kick a ball thats on the ground or haphazardly. Against the rules. He would've had to pick it up and punt it, or throw it, or run it.

- Bengals-Niners Super Bowl....been saying this for years, it's just funny that when the Bengals are good the Niners are good too. Bogey. Like the Bills would hate to see Dallas in a Super Bowl again.

- The spate of Pick Sixes....agree with Brasher, and in the bold predictions thread pre-season i had a feeling this year would feature some INT record being broken. Looks like it's pick sixes. Wonder what the season record is? By player and by league?

- Andrew Luck vs RGIII....yep, and i said russell wilson and luck would be the best of the class....they're the most genuine pro-style acclimatized passers. im not always wrong.

- BPG...you mention my prediction of the broncos in a form slide/rut as being ridiculous prediction, yet you agree that they're in a kind of a slide/rut :p

- Vikings-Packers score....theyve had a number of 35-31 type of games in the recent past.

- Packers Offensive Juggernaut....Rodgers and Lacy are probably the most perfect deadly QB-HB combination in the NFL. The amazing passer coupled with the monster trucker. You have to spread and cover to stop the Rodgers bleeding, but cant either because Lacy is a beast and you need more bodies there.

- Kellen Clemens topic.....was a good NFL Playbook segment the other day on both Clemens and Ponder, and how truly awful they are at reading the play, seeing the field, recognizing their receivers routes, and poor timing of throws etc.

- Golden Tate, Carroll's college rah-rah, but also Jim Harbaugh's Church of Scientology-like personality......all why i can't stand these current orgs/teams. Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore are the redeeming facets to both teams.

- About GG put-downs....yep, fair call. And don't be shy, I can take the punches i deserve to take. :(

that week 9 tips segment....really another excellent effort. both the main one and this one are such highlights for me, and loving what blacky did at the very start.

the podcast is now cooking.

btw, about nnamdi asomugha...it's pronounced......nam-dee asso-moo-ah

and brasher was right, eagles ruined him, but al davis also realized he was over the hill not worth $19m he wanted.

V-Jax was a good pick up via FA even after being paid.

The problem with Wallace is that he is a deep threat and Tannehill isn't Ben. Plus their line is a fair sieve. That said I hated the pick up when they did it. He is a one trick pony and wont go over the middle.

Chiefs v Broncos game has been flexed to Sunday night.

GG's Pick Six

Tampa Bay to beat Seattle (Move Seattle to 13 CR)
Kansas City to beat Buffalo (Not really a pick 6)
Geno Smith to have a great week against the Saints (Drop Geno, pick up any Saint defenders you can touch)
Pittsburgh to beat New England (Move England to 12 CR)
Houston and Indianapolis to be rich with fantasy points (Bet on Unders - drop any players from both teams).
Cincinnati to score 40+ points (Lol)\

Drop Jason Pierre-Paul, NYG DE to Waivers
Add Junior Galette, NO DE from Free Agency to Bench

:D

For those that are thinking I pick the music - yes I do choose the main intro/outro bits, but no, GG picks his own music. Every week....

Wind beneath your wings... ????

I mean, what can be next week's pick six music?? I smell a board poll coming on...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back