Podcast 2013 - BigFooty NFL Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

So there we go... better late than never!!

Cuts out early sadly, due to recording issues, so apologies to Blacky who had joined us, he was about to make an excellent point!!

Again, apologies to everyone for lateness... but this is why I was iffy to do it in the first place!!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
fuey

youve made the video PRIVATE on youtube. Go to video settings for that video and make it PUBLIC.

Thanks.

Screen shot 2013-11-17 at 9.54.04 PM.png

So there we go... better late than never!!

Cuts out early sadly, due to recording issues, so apologies to Blacky who had joined us, he was about to make an excellent point!!

Again, apologies to everyone for lateness... but this is why I was iffy to do it in the first place!!

I have no recollection of this happening :D

Thanks for the massive effort mate

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
A few comments....

Brasher talking about Vernon Davis as a big cog in that offense....there was a stat i read this week that Kaepernick's passer rating to all other receivers was something like 17.7, but was something like 129 when passing to Davis.

Peer pressure is for teenagers, but Fuey managed to twist my arm with my segment being what it was....ridiculous on purpose. Also, on such short notice, having an hour to quickly record something. Every seer has a bad week, so I'll move on from that and compile better predictions next week....while trying to still keep it left-field. Mind you, it's more about an entertainment factor for my segment.

BPG....Kaepernick's name is pronounced: CAPPER-NICK.

You guys make a lot of wrong predictions....where you're just picking favorites to win or choosing things from 'right-field'....so i'm a better 'diver' so to speak. Greater degrees of difficulty and hit a 'number' of them.

BPG is a very good host. Really knows how to repartee to illicit responses and keep conversation going. Fuey and Brasher are highly entertaining and knowledgable. Always love listening to their takes. And good to see the rookie Blacky getting a few overs of right arm off-spin at the end. Looking forward to him getting more involved in those three-way/four-way chats.

On the last point made in the podcast.....It's not New England being trend-setters in recruiting. If you look around the league, ALL teams are going to every corner of the globe in finding talent. The Jets signed that Youtube Danish kicker. The Raiders have drafted a few native Englishmen. Other teams have signed players from Africa, or the Islands, etc. There was the guy who got wrongly convicted of rape who was given a chance by the Bucs. Actually, you can thank the NCAA more, as they've been stepping up the recruitment of athletes from around the world, people who arent even from a gridiron background....Margus Hunt (estonia), Menelik Watson (england/boxing/basketball), and so many from Africa and the Islands, Australia, etc. And you can look at all 32 NFL teams to see they're taking on such players.

There will be no recap. To be hidden in a drawer and the key thrown away.

This week will be a bonanza effort from me. Big surprise.

For my own perverse pleasure... here's the recap :D Awesome music week, except for the whole laverne and shirley thing!

1. Tennessee to defeat Indianapolis, cos Indy flounders against teams they should beat.

2. Titans +2.5, Bills -1.5, Chargers -2.5, Eagles -3.5, Buccs +1.5, Lions -2.5, Saints -3.5 and Patriots +3.5

3. Detroit/Pittsburgh to combine for the 4th highest scoring game of all time.

4. Calvin Johnson to break single-game receiving record, Stafford to break single-game passing yards record, Antonio Brown to break single-game receptions record.

5. Redskins/Eagles most combines turnovers, and most pick-6's

6. Lots of injuries to QBs, E.Manning, C.Palmer, A.Dalton, E.Manuel and R.Griffin III

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see BPG actually backing up his picks.. :confused: just spinning stuff that doesn't gel on the CR chart.o_O Apology accepted btw.. regards the Rams D. :)

Loved the diversity / (read: UnpReD!ctAbiLity) of GG's chandillier swinging slingshots… too much rubber pulling though… HT was looking spot on in the Steelers/ Lions game then the 'BIGGEST SURPRISE' occurred that put egg on my face… Lions 11CR << I feel dirty :oops: but flung the mud into GG's cogs of such a prediction. Titans also giving the Colts plenty of cheek and GG looking like a sheer genius with his POWERFUL 15CR.. but somehow the Colts had something left in the tank and GG's foiled again… but taking a shot on the Raiders Double Digit wasn't surprising.

I have sent fuey the download link for my segment this week.

As I alluded to before....this week there's a big surprise in store from my segment (no spoilers fuey).
Can't wait to hear it

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Sensational podcast guys, really loved the review and the predictions.

Also, if you lot only have 10 spare minutes this week, you need to listen to GG and his mate Azif (??), complete with old school analog (even mechanical??) dialtones - from about the 1 hour 3 minute mark to the one hour 13 minute mark... GG taking things to a whole new level...

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sensational podcast guys, really loved the review and the predictions.

Also, if you lot only have 10 spare minutes this week, you need to listen to GG and his mate Azif (??), complete with old school analog (even mechanical??) dialtones - from about the 1 hour 3 minute mark to the one hour 13 minute mark... GG taking things to a whole new level...
I might have another surprise (Inception-like) next week, if I can find the time.

Just listening to the last 15 mins now of the podcast.

I agree this week's podcast was sensational...Brasher and Fuey are such good value. And great to hear Blacky in a larger role too, the regular table should be the four of you. Just such great chemistry and characters that work well together. Hopefully we also get a few more guests from the board regulars. Dagless, Manureid, Woodson, Sven, etc etc. Even just recording some 5 min thing and sending it in to BPG.

And great job by Fuey this week in the host chair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back