Remove this Banner Ad

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Due to popular demand, the Knockout Footy Tipping is back again for 2013!!!

ANYONE CAN ENTER THIS COMP. THE MORE THE MERRIER

I ran this competition the last two years and it was very successful.

Here is a link to the 2011 thread re this comp: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803447&highlight=Knockout Footy Tipping

Here is a link to the 2012 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2012-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.910350/

2011 winner Bluesque made it to round 10 to be declared winner, however last year's winner Esoteric made it all the way to round 20.

This is how last year's results panned out:

2012_bf-koft-final-jpg.3459

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/2012_bf-koft-final-jpg.3459/

I understand the season is starting tonight and I did not want to organise this comp this year as I found it hard last year to maintain consistent updates due to work among other things.

So obviously to give people enough time to both provide interest and submit tips, I will make the dead line day Next Thursday 28/03/2013 at 7:30 (tips have to be in my inbox as I will be at the game ;) )

If you wish to choose any of the teams that are playing this weekend, then your entire season's tip has to be in prior to tonight's game.

In terms of a prize, I will not volunteer anything, however hoping BF can offer a VIP membership/badget of some kind or period.

I'll just copy and paste the rules over here again

This is a footy tipping comp with a dif.

Just tip one game for every round for all 23 rounds before the first game of round 1.

Please also tip who you think will finish 9th after round 23.

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong, then you are knocked out of the competition.

A DRAW IS NOT TIPPING A WINNER, HENCE YOU GET KNOCKED OUT!

The last person in the comp wins.

If there is more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 23 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person who's chosen team is closest to 9th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

I have a spreadsheet setup with the fixture applied to it... so you cannot bypass the rules without been detected.

PRIZE:
To Be Confirmed

I would like to restrict it to the Carlton board to reward Carlton supports for being so.

Your tips need to be lodge through to myself via PM or email (DO NOT POST YOUR TIPS IN THIS THREAD) before 7:30pm on Thursday 28 March 2013. Tips lodged after that deadline will not be accepted.

You may change your tips until Thursday 28 March 2013. After this deadline, you may not change your tips.

An example of how to post your tips:

BlueGunners
R1: Hawthorn
R2: Brisbane
R3: St Kilda
R4: Geelong
R5: St Kilda
R22: Collingwood
R23: Adelaide

9th Place: Richmond

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

First you need to post if you are interested in playing so I can see the numbers. You are welcome to send me your tips straight away.

Interested
Tips Provided (compliant)
Tips Provided (Compliance Unconfirmed)
Tips Provided (non-compliant)

2013 Participant (BLUE BOLD = Tips received):
BlueGunners
Aphrodite
Dacloud
Jeremias
Jellucup_84
Terlob
I bleed Blue
Chism
Ciretose
Wickzki
ODNBlue
Jabba73
The Big Sticks
Squida25
bluebird101
nbaman1
bluebunz
The Old Dark Navy's
Just Kreuzing
wally funk
SBYM

On Monday I will have the spreadsheet all set up with the fixture implemented so that I can confirm rules compliance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks to all that have showed interest and have submitted tips.

I have updated to OP to show if the submitted tips are compliant or not. I have also PM'd every participant who has provided tips to confirm compliance or not.

OP updated.

We have 20 participants so far... would be great to get it to 30.

You have up to tonight to submit your tips.

Thank you to all who have expressed their interest and submitted their tips.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back