2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no expert on these but did a little research and thought I'd mention some names that might come up.
Tsitas- mid
Cavarra- mid
Conlon- ruck
Spencer-KPD
Bates- small forward/ mid

Conlon looks alright and clunks a few good grabs, tsitas and cavarra I believe are the best mids although cavarra is tiny why not take a chance with a rookie. Spencer handy depth KPD and young enough to improve significantly and bates well small forward/ mid. Looks good and might be nice to have a little depth in this position.

As I said just threw up some names that might come our way on a little research. Let me know if I have picked some donkeys.

I know nothing about any of them but the write up on Cavarra on afl website gives him some credentials.
"The Eastern Ranges captain had a phenomenal 2013 season. He led the Ranges to a premiership, won the Morrish Medal and was best afield in the TAC Cup Grand Final. He is a clearance machine who finds a stack of the football in and under. He is only 173cm but is very brave and simply knows how to get his hands on the ball and distribute. Uses the football well on his preferred left boot."

Rookie Pick #2: Max King from the Bushrangers

"202cm developing ruckman with the ability to push forward and have an impact on the scoreboard
King marks strongly overhead and provides his midfielders with first use through good tap work. He is an effective field kick for a player of his size" - MFC twitter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie Pick #3: Alex Georgiou from Norwood

Part of the Redlegs 2012 flag, can shut down tall and small forwards alike and is clean with the ball

Looks a LOT like Mr Bean...

Alexis Georgiou
Alex Georgiou – Norwood

24, 187cm, 88kg,

Norwood coach Nathan Bassett thinks Georgiou has been overlooked by AFL clubs in recent drafts because "he looks like Mr Bean and he runs like he's running on broken glass and his kick looks awkward". Gangly he may be, but Georgiou has carved a reputation as one of the SANFL's leading defenders. A key contributor to Norwood's 2012 flag, he can shut down tall and small forwards and is clean with the ball.

Interesting write up

Alex Georgiou – Norwood

24, 187cm, 88kg,

Norwood coach Nathan Bassett thinks Georgiou has been overlooked by AFL clubs in recent drafts because "he looks like Mr Bean and he runs like he's running on broken glass and his kick looks awkward". Gangly he may be, but Georgiou has carved a reputation as one of the SANFL's leading defenders. A key contributor to Norwood's 2012 flag, he can shut down tall and small forwards and is clean with the ball.

Interesting write up

Sounds promising..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back