2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmes - Happy to rookie another young mid.
King - Rookie ruckmen have a good success rate at AFL level.
Georgiou - Hope he proves me wrong, but looks like a cross between Mick Gayfer and Alsitair Nicholson.:(
Jetta - Just can't see him making an impact at AFL level. Would have preferred Chris Cain.

Rookie Pick #3: Alex Georgiou from Norwood

Part of the Redlegs 2012 flag, can shut down tall and small forwards alike and is clean with the ball

Looks a LOT like Mr Bean...

39%20Alexis%20Georgiou.jpg

Massive amount of cult hero potential right here, please let him be good

JETTA!!!! Little Beauty!!! I so hope he proves his skills and gets elevated again - just so he can stick it up a heap of you guys.

You Nev Baggers always seem to forget the injury issues he's had.
I hope you're right. Any player on our list exceeding expectations and going on to become a real talent makes our club stronger.

Personally, even with the injuries he has had, I don't see him making a contribution to the senior side ever again. We have much more to gain by playing the younger guys compared to the output that Nev has produced so far.

JETTA!!!! Little Beauty!!! I so hope he proves his skills and gets elevated again - just so he can stick it up a heap of you guys.

Far more likely he doesn't play a senior game and gets delisted at the end of the year. Happy to be proven wrong but he's never shown anything in 5 years.

And you always seem to forget that he is s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Georgie has been the best 1 on 1 defender in the sanfl for 2 years now, with j Tippett not far behind him. I can't actually remember him being beaten overall in a game and I've seen most games in that period.

Bassett has said all year that's he's an afl defender in a state league. Ill watch him closely as it will be interesting how he goes against the top tier. But Bassett is rarely wrong in his assessments of players.

And he's an engineer and a legend of a bloke to top it off.

Good luck George.

Jetta at our 4th pick eh? Talk about exhausting our options. Plenty of chances for others to take him but no.

Big second chance here for Nev. A heck load of competition though.

fist pumped pretty hard when I read we delisted Jetta and looked like a fool infront of alot of people but was totally worth it at the time...

I honestly hope if he does play, it's tactical and to be used as a defensive small on a Ballantyne or a Monfries. Doesn't seem to be able to play any other role

Jetta has a year to prove the doubters wrong. No problem in that, given where he was taken. At the very least, he needs a full pre-season plus a season without injuries (or suspension …) to give himself a chance at building some consistency.

Love it how there's videos on sites like Herald Sun and SEN now on "who won the rookie draft" :(

Are you serious? quoting random stats from a particular under 18's game does not qualifying knowing about how good of a football player these guy will be. Chances are 75% of these selections will be delisted by 2015

I hope you're right. Any player on our list exceeding expectations and going on to become a real talent makes our club stronger.

Personally, even with the injuries he has had, I don't see him making a contribution to the senior side ever again. We have much more to gain by playing the younger guys compared to the output that Nev has produced so far.
I get your point, and it's fair. I think Nev just gets a bit of a tough run at times,

I get your point, and it's fair. I think Nev just gets a bit of a tough run at times,

That's because in 5 years on the list, after being a late draftee, he has shown us next to nothing that he could be a decent AFL player. I know he has had his share of injuries, but I don't see how that excuse can continue to fly much longer. He isn't a back pocket, because he doesn't have the run out of defence and struggles to keep up with the faster small forwards. He butchers most of his kicks, so he's not much of a midfielder. The small forward suggestions come from the colour of his skin or the names of his cousins, because he has shown nothing to suggest that he has the goal sense, pace or nous to play off a key forward.

That's my summation of why I don't rate Neville Jetta, and I think most people will agree. It's not a vendetta per se, as Deefolt suggested it was, it's simply an honest assessment of a player on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back