2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've given up crystal ball gazing after the last decade, but I like the off season very much. The theme seems to be pick kids / trade for players that are hard at it and can use the ball. None of this 'one great attribute but a tonne of weaknesses that we can fix' rubbish. This is about getting 22 strong, capable players on the field that consider the footy MFC property. It won't make for an instant fix but at least the losses will be watchable, and if a couple of them step up a level then maybe September won't be something other teams do while we holiday.

Reminds me a lot of Hawthorns attitude a few years ago. I remember Clarkson stating that the only people that will be recruited to the hawks under his watch will be absolute competitors. Roos appears to be headed down the same line.

I guess we are discussing the rookie draft here?

What are everyones thoughts on Joel Tippet?

At 196cm and 93kg he would be a handy addition to our back line.

latest results from AFL Combine:

Running Vertical Jump
1st. Joel Tippett, West Adelaide - 95cm
Standing Vertical Jump
1st. Joel Tippett, West Adelaide - 79cm
20m Sprint
3rd. Joel Tippett, West Adelaide - 2.92 secs
Agility
2nd. Joel Tippett, West Adelaide - 8.00 secs
30m Repeat Sprints
2nd. Joel Tippett, West Adelaide - 25.01 secs

Running Vertical Jump
Standing Vertical Jump
20m Sprint
Agility
30m Repeat Sprints
My understanding is we are very keen.

His draft video on the AFL website is here.

He looks like he has the speed to shut his opponent down quickly and manages to take some good defensive marks.

I guess they aren't going to show a video of a defender getting beaten so I really have no idea how good he is.

My understanding is we are very keen.

Yeah I heard this, we have the 2nd pick so hopefully if Roos wants him then he will be ours.

If we pick him up, it probably means Cameron Pederson will never play another game of footy for the MFC so i'm pretty happy with that. Frawley, Garland, McDonald are all before him, and I think for a pick in the rookie draft you can't go wrong than providing a player that gives you some depth.

If we pick him up, it probably means Cameron Pederson will never play another game of footy for the MFC so i'm pretty happy with that. Frawley, Garland, McDonald are all before him, and I think for a pick in the rookie draft you can't go wrong than providing a player that gives you some depth.

Pederson should/should have only ever be played forward.

Running Vertical Jump
Standing Vertical Jump
20m Sprint
Agility
30m Repeat Sprints
TBH, the combine results of a bloke who's 25 and been discarded by 2 lowly clubs is largely irrelevant. At his age, I'd want more than a depth player, otherwise he's just a list clogger. There are quite a few clubs in need of a ready made kpd, so if he's really any good, someone would have taken him in the main draft. PASS.

TBH, the combine results of a bloke who's 25 and been discarded by 2 lowly clubs is largely irrelevant. At his age, I'd want more than a depth player, otherwise he's just a list clogger. There are quite a few clubs in need of a ready made kpd, so if he's really any good, someone would have taken him in the main draft. PASS.

Touted as the best KPD in the country outside the AFL.

Our back line is good, but when you consider that Frawley hasn't signed beyond this year, and Pederson is our backup - I would happily take Tippet with our first rookie pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw J.Tippett play at GC, cant say i was impressed. Pedo>Tippett, from what ive seen. Unless he has improved a s**t load this past year, i wouldnt want him on our books.

Tsitas went to my school and was 2 years below me. From all accounts he is a legend so I hope we pick him up. He can rack up possessions and is tough. Would fit in with the new tough/ football-smart type of players we are aiming for.

Saw J.Tippett play at GC, cant say i was impressed. Pedo>Tippett, from what ive seen. Unless he has improved a s**t load this past year, i wouldnt want him on our books.

The fact he's been delisted by 2 low finishing teams doesn't scream must get to me

If he was delisted by a team with very very strong defence, then maybe

If roos and co see something I'll back their judgement though

The fact he's been delisted by 2 low finishing teams doesn't scream must get to me

If he was delisted by a team with very very strong defence, then maybe

If roos and co see something I'll back their judgement though

Agree, but even then it dont mean s**t......eg: Tom Gillies :oops::oops:

Scarlett, Taylor had a few All Australians while Gillies was there.

Just giving an example. I always thought he was garbage, much like Shannon Byrnes. Two more ticks for the Rude file.

Tsitas went to my school and was 2 years below me. From all accounts he is a legend so I hope we pick him up. He can rack up possessions and is tough. Would fit in with the new tough/ football-smart type of players we are aiming for.

Yeah, I was genuinely surprised he wasn't picked up.

Just such a solid performer, hard at it, clean ball use (not much hurt factor though) - could see him being a 100+ gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back