List Mgmt. 2013 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I must have missed it but how come there has been zero talk on Ben Brown the last few days? Have the Maccas ruled him out? Likely to go before our pick? We've just gone cold on him? I would much rather give him a shot with pick 60 than use it on a guy like Mav Weller.

I must have missed it but how come there has been zero talk on Ben Brown the last few days? Have the Maccas ruled him out? Likely to go before our pick? We've just gone cold on him? I would much rather give him a shot with pick 60 than use it on a guy like Mav Weller.

Cordy 2.0.

I bet we take Honeychurch.

I'd be pretty happy with that, tbh. Doesn't fill a need, but he'd be best available around pick 42, imo.

I don't want any of the talls at 42. Harvey, Conlon, Brown, etc.

I'd be pretty happy with that, tbh. Doesn't fill a need, but he'd be best available around pick 42, imo.

I don't want any of the talls at 42. Harvey, Conlon, Brown, etc.

He's such an angry little man! Reminds me a lot of Ballentyne.

Cordy 2.0.

I would take Cordy 2.0 at pick 60 to be honest. People continually forget ruckmen take a long time to develop, especially one as skinny as Ayce who's also missed a lot of development time through injury. Ben Brown a 'mature ager' but still only 20 years old and will be 3-4 years before he really starts hitting his straps and reaching his potential. Has a great physique, work ethic and athletic qualities, i'd be more than happy to have two Ayce's on the list to hope for one to develop into a quality ruck / fwd, especially using only pick 60...

Club is doing a hell of a job keeping their cards close to their chests this year. This time last year the macrae/stringer selections had filtered out. Thumbs up to the dogs again. Really starting to do business like an elite club. Love it

I think we should stop stuffing around and just get the best player in this draft

It's simple, we need a triple AAA, franchise 400 game star player who will surpass Johnson, Grant, Whitten and Hawkins in their output.

Someone with the skill of Grant and Dougie, the physicality of Whitten and the commitment and smile of Johnson

I expect this player to win a couple of brownlows, 3 norm smiths and a coleman medal late in their career.

Now do your job Dalrymple - you have had 2 years or more to look at these kids, stop already with this umming and arring - I want to hear your Eureka moment! For heavens sakes, you owe us for the Howard debacle. Since than you have been on the improve. You bought some time with the no brainer Liberatore F/S pick and saved your bacon with the Dalhouse pluck. Fairly solid and steady with Smith and Talia; last year was probably your best work but now its time to show Hine, Wells and those other know all turkeys that you are the man, you have the vision, you stare into the soul of a player and can spot the Ablett in them before even they are aware of it.

Now just do it - you dick. We have suffered enough, it is time to deliver DERKA DERKA

exactly what kind of name is Dalrymple anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering most people think it will go Boyd/Kelly/Billings which is fair enough, out of Aish/Bontompelli/KK/Scharenburg it's really just narrowed down to Aish & Bontompelli. It's at the point for me and I'm sure others agree, I can't wait until it's over later today - whoever we pick up will be welcome down at the kennel by me! I think it's funny how this discussion has developed though, because if we take Aish over MB there will be a lot more negativity/frustration/confusion (however you want to put it) than if we take MB over Aish

My preference is still Aish, but whoever we take I think we will be ok :)

Considering most people think it will go Boyd/Kelly/Billings which is fair enough, out of Aish/Bontompelli/KK/Scharenburg it's really just narrowed down to Aish & Bontompelli. It's at the point for me and I'm sure others agree, I can't wait until it's over later today - whoever we pick up will be welcome down at the kennel by me! I think it's funny how this discussion has developed though, because if we take Aish over MB there will be a lot more negativity/frustration/confusion (however you want to put it) than if we take MB over Aish

My preference is still Aish, but whoever we take I think we will be ok :)

69293d206d09232b86b38a916141ab92e7a0715af57c398230dff9f355b2e189.jpg

I'm warming to Bontempelli. People have convinced me he's not a project player and I have a feeling the next Tambling is going to appear somewhere in the top 5 midfielders in this draft - (run of the mill midfielders who star at junior level but has very little room for improvement)

You've changed.

Club is doing a hell of a job keeping their cards close to their chests this year. This time last year the macrae/stringer selections had filtered out. Thumbs up to the dogs again. Really starting to do business like an elite club. Love it

Err...I'd love to agree...but every media outlet in the country has us picking Bontempelli and has done for the whole week...

If we DO pick him - I'd say we're leaking like a sieve??

Nice sentiment, but I'm not sure any of the above will be valid if we take Bottempelli.

Most pundits have had him at pick 4 as a fait accompli for the past week.

We'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back