NeonTiger

Debutant
Jul 7, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Watching this on YouTube, our older big bodied midfielders gave us the lead, Jackson, Newman, Cotchin, Tuck and then we shat it. Good playes in the game were Grimes, Vlaustin and Yarran. Let me ask you this kids. Do we think we have a midfield in 2017 that can play the same ball first, health second football in 2017?

I was there that day and still to this day haven't watched a replay. :p

As for moving forward, I think we have a decent core group of midfielders who can put in a shift at the coal face. Miles, Cotchin, Martin and Vlastuin are all known/proven inside midfielders and we've just added in Prestia and Caddy.

In the wings we have Conca, Moore Townsend and possibly Lambert (believed he played a bit there in the VFL but not sure at AFL level).

We finished with the lowest average tackles in the competition in 2016.

FYI - Our leading tacklers were Cotchin (4.6) and Miles (4.5)
Our leading contested possession players were Dusty (12.6), Cotchin (12.2) and Miles (10.9).
  • Nankervis averaged 4.5 tackles as a ruckman.
  • Prestia averaged 10.5 contested possessions and 5.4 tackles.
  • Caddy averaged 8.9 contested possessions despite spending a lot of time forward (partly came to Richmond for midfield opportunities). Also averaged 3.9 tackles.
All 3 recruits should bolster our capabilities and strengthen an area where we needed more output.

As for moving forward, I think we have a decent core group of midfielders who can put in a shift at the coal face. Miles, Cotchin, Martin and Vlastuin are all known/proven inside midfielders and we've just added in Prestia and Caddy.

In the wings we have Conca, Moore Townsend and possibly Lambert (believed he played a bit there in the VFL but not sure at AFL level).

We finished with the lowest average tackles in the competition in 2016.

FYI - Our leading tacklers were Cotchin (4.6) and Miles (4.5)
Our leading contested possession players were Dusty (12.6), Cotchin (12.2) and Miles (10.9).
  • Nankervis averaged 4.5 tackles as a ruckman.
  • Prestia averaged 10.5 contested possessions and 5.4 tackles.
  • Caddy averaged 8.9 contested possessions despite spending a lot of time forward (partly came to Richmond for midfield opportunities). Also averaged 3.9 tackles.
All 3 recruits should bolster our capabilities and strengthen an area where we needed more output.
Confession...I still haven't seen 2014 EF.

Except live?

...yep. Was at 2 of them. Thankfully didn't make the trek to SA for the Port one.

Just thinking about them now...:p

giphy.gif

I went to all three as well. Have never watched any replay.
All I remember in 2013 was that there was a bloke called Judd that just lifted them over the line. Was one of the best quarters of footy I have seen an individual play. As much as I didn't like him once he crossed to Carlton, I had to take my hat off to him that day.

Watched the replay of the pre-match which was awesome but like you when the ball was bounced I shut it down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I cast my mind back, I remember Aaron Edwards had the chance to put us up (i think) by 43 but he sprayed it badly, was it just before or after half time . That would've been the dagger we needed and I said to my wife that we've let them right back in with that miss.

Went to all three, haven't, and will not, watch the replays. 2013 completely stuffed our club and made us change the entire way we played footy.

Watching this on YouTube, our older big bodied midfielders gave us the lead, Jackson, Newman, Cotchin, Tuck and then we shat it. Good playes in the game were Grimes, Vlaustin and Yarran. Let me ask you this kids. Do we think we have a midfield in 2017 that can play the same ball first, health second football in 2017?
We never really replaced tuck and jacko with Similar sized contested ball winners , miles was much smaller , I feel that was the attraction in caddy

I went to all three as well. Have never watched any replay.
All I remember in 2013 was that there was a bloke called Judd that just lifted them over the line. Was one of the best quarters of footy I have seen an individual play. As much as I didn't like him once he crossed to Carlton, I had to take my hat off to him that day.
I remember a bloke sitting next to me at half time after 6th rum and coke saying we were going to win by plenty, by 3/4 time I was plenty nervous , yep judd played a 3q of the ages that Inspired the team. Just watched the lowlights , dunno why we never picked Garlett or mitch Robinson off the scrap heap , both Played well that day

Last edited:
I still believe if we had one, it would have solidified the group to win more finals. Alas we didn't.
2013 and 2015 were set up for us to win, we flunked big time , choke is prob not too stronger word considering how poorly we Played relative to our best footy , especially when I see how well the WB and giants lifted in finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back