2013 FIXture: Bring your pitchfork

2013 FIXture - who will Hawthorn play twice

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^^ guys, we play 5 teams twice. 5!!! That is all.

We will def play Geelong twice and AFL Swans twice, that only leaves 3 more teams to play twice.

Hoping we will play the Bulldogs twice to build interest in the Lake grudge match.
correct 5 it is.

So judging from the AFL statement we won't get Essendon AND Carlton twice. Carlton play Collingwood twice and either Geelong or Hawthorn. Same for Essendon. I am guessing we'll get Essendon twice next year.

In all probability it will be syd, coll, adel, gee and ess

bring it on, if we are going to win the flag we need as many games as possible against quality opposition. Pull your heads in and stop being such sooks. We dont need any favours in 2013.
Very few are suggesting any favours, some equity would be nice. It's all anyone asks for.

"THE AFL has revealed a number of initiatives it hopes will bring added fairness to the 2013 premiership season fixture, which will be released at the end of October."

There will be nothing "fair" about this "fixture" at all. The AFL are going to handicap the piss out of the thing (except Sydney). The discrepancy between teams fixtures will be greater than ever. A "fair" fixture would be no handicapping of better teams, everyone playing the same amount of games vs opposition in the same brackets, regardless of where you finished. I'm so sick of these jokers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC, Port, NM, Freo Aurora?

Or North in Hobart and maybe GWS or Brisbane as the 4th Aurora match

GC, Port, NM, Freo Aurora?

Or North in Hobart and maybe GWS or Brisbane as the 4th Aurora match

Does anyone think that if we play North in Hobart it may influence attendances at our Aurora games?

"THE AFL has revealed a number of initiatives it hopes will bring added fairness to the 2013 premiership season fixture, which will be released at the end of October."

There will be nothing "fair" about this "fixture" at all. The AFL are going to handicap the piss out of the thing (except Sydney). The discrepancy between teams fixtures will be greater than ever. A "fair" fixture would be no handicapping of better teams, everyone playing the same amount of games vs opposition in the same brackets, regardless of where you finished. I'm so sick of these jokers.

No it's just a maximum number you play in the other brackets...

So top 8 teams play a maximum of 2 matches against sides in the bottom 10.

That way we can play zero teams in the bottom 10 and Sydney can play two of them.

So it has been announced that we won't be playing any of the bottom 4 teams twice next year. I also seriously doubt we will play Port twice again as I see no benefit to either team for this happening. I think that pretty much leaves a return match against Brisbane (which would make sense as we haven't played them at the Gabba since 08).

Where possible, the eight finalists from 2012 will all be programmed to have a max. of two return meetings with bottom-10 sides from 2012.

So which team does everyone think will get the advantage? :rolleyes: They obviously put this line as someone in the top 8 gets a better draw than the rest

Every year, every decision the AFL makes the competition more of a handicap race. Their aim seems to me to be have every team finish with the same amount of points. To achieve this they must handicap the strong clubs. Melbourne and Port, however are such basket cases {won't be long before GCS and GWS finish ahead of them} the AFL' won't achieve their goal.

Back