2013 Formula One World Championship - Round Two - Malaysian Grand Prix: Sepang (22-24 March 2013)

Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Heres another version with 20 grand in hits..

check out the comments...

Bit of a rash maneuver from Webber after the race:

Still image:
article-2298804-18EA96F3000005DC-267_634x345.jpg

If it was NASCAR he would have waited for him to drive back in the pits and thrown his helmet at him. Better a rash move with no points on the line than with points on the line.

Is it better for Webber to be grumpy or is it better for him to release like this? He said some serious stuff in his interviews.

At the end of the day, he let the world know, that results are manufactured, and its the norm, not the exception. He also let fly about how crap the Pirelli is for racing, because no one trusts it, so noones actually racing the car, on its limits..

Think it's being a bit overdone now TBH.

Vettel ****ed up, the team have been very clear on that. I have no doubt he will hand Webber a victory at some point in the season. Vettel would have never been that close had the team strategy not been in play and Webber would've been in a different mode in his car once the pit stop had happened if it was game on.

For all of the crap that has happened, the actual exchange between the two was incredible to watch (on track), and was absolute first rate driving from both parties. They are certainly 2 of the best 4 to 5 drivers in the paddock.

It's only really being overdone in Australia because it's Webber who has been screwed. If it were Button, Hamilton, Massa, Alonso, etc then it would have been little more than a passing story. I don't remember the media attention after the Barrichello/Schumacher team orders saga in Austria lasting longer than the next day..it's big news purely because of who was on the receiving end.

Is it better for Webber to be grumpy or is it better for him to release like this? He said some serious stuff in his interviews.

At the end of the day, he let the world know, that results are manufactured, and its the norm, not the exception. He also let fly about how crap the Pirelli is for racing, because no one trusts it, so noones actually racing the car, on its limits..
They've been instructed though to make the tyres that way in order to keep the racing "interesting". So they're only following orders.
I agree though, it is ruining the sport. Like DRS

It's only really being overdone in Australia because it's Webber who has been screwed. If it were Button, Hamilton, Massa, Alonso, etc then it would have been little more than a passing story. I don't remember the media attention after the Barrichello/Schumacher team orders saga in Austria lasting longer than the next day..it's big news purely because of who was on the receiving end.
Webber has support the world over on this, while Seb has taken a beating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Webber has support the world over on this, while Seb has taken a beating.
There's also something they call natural justice or peer justice..

I think you'll find some will stop being courteous to him in qually, I think you'll find some back markers will ignore blue flags in the race for as long as possible..

What he did was a dog act and he will of lost all respect amongst his peers. No one wants to race with someone like that. He's probably taken the Schumacher style arrogance a step to far

Another note on the race that everyone's ignoring, Martin Brundle was clearly supporting Webber early in the race. if you listen when Alonso's wing came off and Alonso was a passenger, Brundle was yelping at Mark to get out of his way.

Another note on the race that everyone's ignoring, Martin Brundle was clearly supporting Webber early in the race. if you listen when Alonso's wing came off and Alonso was a passenger, Brundle was yelping at Mark to get out of his way.
Yeah, there was also several comments about how pleasing it was for him to get a good start (which was really a good first couple of corners, but anyway)

Yeah, there was also several comments about how pleasing it was for him to get a good start (which was really a good first couple of corners, but anyway)

He out drove some very classy operators.

there is also even more issues. generally when a team gets dominance in the fly away periods, they maintain it until the European season starts..Red bull have that dominance, as much as ever. It quite clearly looks at this point, that this championship is between two men.

I'm not sure he was "supporting" him, my take was that he just didn't want to see 2 top drivers with a DNF on lap 2.

Even Jenson has been critical of Vettel.

Jenson Button argued that Vettel's actions in Kuala Lumpur represented a serious violation of team discipline.
"If you are told to do something by the team, and you completely ignore what they say and it costs your teammate a win, that's big," Button said. "I find team orders difficult anyway but to disregard them is something different. We all want to win, but Sebastian drives for Red Bull and they have to call the shots. So many times it has worked in his favour. I think it will hurt Sebastian in the long run. I am surprised he did it."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/webbers-relationship-with-vettel-fractured-beyond-repair-briatore-says-20130327-2gt83.html#ixzz2OhsRDEqO

Go and read some of the European press about it, start at the BBC, they have written heaps on it and it is all negative for Vettel.

My pick will be that Vettel will be forced to cede a win to Mark at some stage this season. He will now definitely lose priority for new parts as well.

The difference with this to the Schumacher/Barrichello situation is, ceding the win to Schumacher was in the contract, if you didn't agree to it you didn't drive with him at Ferrari.

If Vettel is in the situation to let him win, I don't think mark will take it.

Also, What will the bookies think of this?

Bernie Ecclestone has weighed in to support Vettel. He condemned team orders this early in the season, but fails to understand that without the team orders, Vettel might not have been in a position to pass Webber.

Mind you, when he was in charge of an F1 team, he admitted deliberately under-fuelling one of his drivers who wouldn't let his teammate pass. That's far worse than just having team orders.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...ber-may-seek-revenge-on-Sebastian-Vettel.html

Back