Mega Thread 2013 FREE AGENCY discussion thread - Cross joins Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross goes to you guys with our blessing. He is not your saviour. But for a couple of seasons he'll be the fittest bloke at your club, a great role model, and you will love him. But don't get too attached. He's a bona fide bulldog. :thumbsu:
He'll always be a Bulldog at heart no doubt, but for the next year or two, he's a Demon.

Chuffed to have him on board. :thumbsu:

Cross goes to you guys with our blessing. He is not your saviour. But for a couple of seasons he'll be the fittest bloke at your club, a great role model, and you will love him. But don't get too attached. He's a bona fide bulldog. :thumbsu:

No doubt Roos see's a lot of upside in Cross, he will teach our young kids how to dedicate themselves and how to be professional. I'm sure he would have been a reason why so many of your young midfielders have become successful over the past few seasons.

He still has the Red and the Blue, just loosing he White for his last few seasons :)

No doubt Roos see's a lot of upside in Cross, he will teach our young kids how to dedicate themselves and how to be professional. I'm sure he would have been a reason why so many of your young midfielders have become successful over the past few seasons.

He still has the Red and the Blue, just loosing he White for his last few seasons :)

This seems to have become a standard, almost jaded thing, but I wonder if he'd be interested in staying on as a coach? Seems like the perfect person for it.

This seems to have become a standard, almost jaded thing, but I wonder if he'd be interested in staying on as a coach? Seems like the perfect person for it.
I was thinking this myself too, he's a great mentor to the youth, and also has a lot of heart in him. Top candidate for the job if he doesn't do elect the second year option.

Whether Crossy plays one game or a dozen+, he'll have a profound effect on your young kids professionalism and dedication to the game. His appetite for training, diet, contests etc is unparalleled. His love for the Doggies will bring him back to us in the years to come, but his love for the game will have him playing with as much passion as ever for you boys.

A great pickup Dees and really happy to see him run around again.

These are the types of veterans we need around the club. A player that puts the team first and works his arse off. A player who got the utter most he could out of his god given talent.

Give me one Daniel Cross over 20 Shannon Byrnes' and 5 David Rodan's.

This is how veteran recruiting should be done. Vale Mark Neeld.

I feel so happy for Nathan Jones. He has won 2 Bluey's in a row, whilst surely not being able to sleep at night.

Now he'll have protection and talent around him in the midfield. May improve even more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see some doggies supporters wishing both Crossy and us the best of luck and giving out congratulations. Over the past couple of years I've grown to really dislike the dogs supporters due to my experiences being less than favourable ones, but with the posts I've seen recently, I must admit they've certainly gained some favour back in my eyes.

These are the types of veterans we need around the club. A player that puts the team first and works his arse off. A player who got the utter most he could out of his god given talent.

Give me one Daniel Cross over 20 Shannon Byrnes' and 5 David Rodan's.

This is how veteran recruiting should be done. Vale Mark Neeld.

Appreciate the sentiment but the same things were being written about both Byrnes and Rodan when they came on board, and it has been noted that they are both fantastic team men and continued to be last year.
Agree with the rest of the post though and am rapt to get the professionalism and dedication that Cross will bring, and am hoping that can rub off onto others on our list, great get.

Appreciate the sentiment but the same things were being written about both Byrnes and Rodan when they came on board, and it has been noted that they are both fantastic team men and continued to be last year.
Agree with the rest of the post though and am rapt to get the professionalism and dedication that Cross will bring, and am hoping that can rub off onto others on our list, great get.

Not from me they weren't, at least not about Byrnes. Was totally against his recruitment (had on good authority that he was a party boy from way back at Geelong) and the less said about Tom Gillies the better. I was actually a backer of Neeld until that diabolical trade period last year, thats when he lost me. Havent been back to big footy since, just been sitting with my hands clasped around my knees rocking back and forward in the corner of a dark room with a blanket over my head.

I don't want to be too much of a wet blanket here, but what have we done if not bring in kids and veterans? I'm happy with what we've done but in reality, Cross is mostly a mentor for the young blokes who should be able to play some solid footy for us next year; Vince is a good ordinary footy player who should also be solid; Tyson is highly rated but has played 13 games; Michie has played 1 game in 3 years.

Again, I'm pleased with what we've done but let's not get carried away thinking that two blokes 28+ and two kids with 14 games between them is an instant panacea for our midfield... ah... problems.
I know what your saying nothing too exciting. Vince basically replaces Sylvia and cross will be a great mentor. But all this recruiting helps developing for the future, but yeah we may still be average next year. But who knows. I really hope we start taking some scalps just to stick it up some media people. But I wait for now

Cross will arguably be more beneficial off the field than on it. Super-professional.

Urban legend has it that he got his wife to randomly hide footballs in the cupboards at home, so when he was preparing food he'd also sharpen his reflexes at the same time.

Theres a good little Bernie Vince video on melbournefc too. Loves a goal, thumping kick! :)

From those highlights (and obviously all the games I've seen him play), he'd probably be the best kick on our list.

Weights the ball perfectly and has great distance.

I reckon that Vince will step up as one of the 'midfield leaders' next year, as opposed to being behind Dangerfield, Sloane, Thompson and Douglas.

Not from me they weren't, at least not about Byrnes. Was totally against his recruitment (had on good authority that he was a party boy from way back at Geelong) and the less said about Tom Gillies the better. I was actually a backer of Neeld until that diabolical trade period last year, thats when he lost me. Havent been back to big footy since, just been sitting with my hands clasped around my knees rocking back and forward in the corner of a dark room with a blanket over my head.

I stopped lurking and made an account after that period just so I could vent somewhere. Other than picking up Viney at #27 it nose-dived to s**t in quick time. The draft picks have done okay so far but we'll see how many of them are still around at the end of Roos' stint (when we should have a much stronger list, don't jinx it).

I disagree. Monty is an excellent team man, who managed to play a significant role in a premiership side.

People judge him on his diminished on field output which is not fair.

How many other premiership players do we have on our list?

I disagree. Monty is an excellent team man, who managed to play a significant role in a premiership side.

People judge him on his diminished on field output which is not fair.

How many other premiership players do we have on our list?
Him and Dawes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back