Injury 2013 injury list

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Monday injury wrap: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-09/veteran-swans-doubtful

Key points:

* McVeigh sprained one of the joints in his knee, which is still sore. Also carrying a left calf injury apparently, but could play with strapping/support. Jude has a badly corked quad. Both will have light weeks on the track. I would guess Biggs or Lamb are probably the most likely to come in if either one of them doesn't come up, but I can't see either player missing a final!

* Rohan struggling with calf/shin soreness. I'd personally focus on getting him ready for 2014, it's been an amazing effort to get this far, he has literally done all he can possibly do this year.

* Goodes training well, but question over match conditioning (obviously). I think we may as well play him if Rohan isn't right.

* No mention of LRT or Reid.

* Clean bill of health for everyone else according to Longmire.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Yep, it's a bit more detailed as the article was posted this afternoon, but otherwise pretty much the same.

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
I know what you mean and I actually thought twice about posting the update because it was Larkins but it sounded like he had a bit more info and he was just saying who he thought would/wouldn't play. I probably should have said to take with a grain of salt!

AJ - Season
Reid - R9
Goodes - R13
Mattner - R7
Shaw - 5 games for the year
LRT - R4
Rohan - 4 games which is better than expected
Jetta - R10 only come back last week
Mumford , Hanners , Mcglynn all injured at some point

Well done to Horse this year to even get us in the top 4 , win or lose this week with that injury list to key playmakers im happy with how they have handled it this year.
2014 will be a very different looking side come round 1

lock33

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
I was just noticing all the calf and ankle injuries in the comp have had an abnormal spike, anywhere I can get more info on it? Also with Mitchell I heard that with his ankle injury, in the persons words bone had come off? Not sure what that actually meant is there a detailed report anywhere?

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
In the case of Mitchell, I think there was ligament damage that chipped the bone.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-09-17/swanstv-injury-update-pf-edition

Its hard to believe that such an innocuous thing has resulted in such a serve injury, after watching the replay it actually reminded me a lot of the Tommy Walsh injury just an unfortunately combination of fully stretched out going for the ball and an awkward landing.

No directed solely at you Vonn, but do you know what the longer term prognosis is and if the injury will have any effect on his preseason?

Its hard to believe that such an innocuous thing has resulted in such a serve injury, after watching the replay it actually reminded me a lot of the Tommy Walsh injury just an unfortunately combination of fully stretched out going for the ball and an awkward landing.

No directed solely at you Vonn, but do you know what the longer term prognosis is and if the injury will have any effect on his preseason?
Horse said it shouldn't interrupt his pre season

RW

Cancelled
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Does anyone know what Tippett has done??

Knee - He strained one of the ligaments in his fibula according to Horse. He had carried a slight knee issue into the semi final, I think they were saying if we made the grand final it would be touch and go as to whether he would be right to play.

jpkennedy

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox
Knee - He strained one of the ligaments in his fibula according to Horse. He had carried a slight knee issue into the semi final, I think they were saying if we made the grand final it would be touch and go as to whether he would be right to play.
Thank you :)

Back