Injury 2013 Injury Updates Thread - another cluster of a year

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope they run him down back because his best footy was when he played on the hbf , he's an average midfielder but a bloody good backline general

Terlich - Frawley - McDonald
Clisby - Garland - Grimes

Ideal mix to me.

3 talks but frawley and garland can play small
And terlich grimes and clisby who all rebound and run
Good mix

I don't like Garland playing small to be honest. Think he plays his best footy at CHB, so I'd put Grimes on a small forward quicker than I'd put Garlo.

Clisby's got a lot of the ball, think he butchers it a bit though.

Not unlike Nicho, except without that pace.
I quite liked Nicho tagging Griff on the weekend, I think he has the fitness, speed and the strength to do it but just got a little bit overrun in the end (as did the whole team). did a few nice things with the ball and should keep mckenzie out of the side as well.

I quite liked Nicho tagging Griff on the weekend, I think he has the fitness, speed and the strength to do it but just got a little bit overrun in the end (as did the whole team). did a few nice things with the ball and should keep mckenzie out of the side as well.

I think it was Nichos best game he is one that would thrive under the play on at all costs , he also backed himself to run a few times which was good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clisby's got a lot of the ball, think he butchers it a bit though.

Not unlike Nicho, except without that pace.

I think Clisby's biggest problem was his composure. Overall I think he's more reliable than Nicho with his kicking (or looks it so far anyway), but a couple of times he shat himself when he got the ball and butchered it badly. Should be overcome as he settles into the side. Hopefully. He's also pretty quick too; probably not as fast as Nicho but he has a bit of pace about him.

Nicho was kicking perfect 40 metre lasers during the breaks in the Saints game when he was sub.

I thought Nicho was a lock for that HB position at the start of the year. The kid still has something good about him, and I think he has plenty of improvement left.

I thought Nicho was a lock for that HB position at the start of the year. The kid still has something good about him, and I think he has plenty of improvement left.
I am a fan as well.

Hoping to see some improvement and a license to take the game on.
I like his pace, hopefully he can go for it with a prolonged period of time in the 1's

Yeah I was a bigger fan than I am now but I haven't given up. He doesn't have terminal kicking issues like Jordie or probably TMac. Possibly more a lack of composure which Garland and Jones have shown can be overcome.

I like his pace, hopefully he can go for it with a prolonged period of time in the 1's

He offers more for me than, say, a Tapscott. I don't understand the calls for Tapscott to be included. His best games for the club in 3.5 years on the list (first year he was injured, granted) have still been pretty average. You'd want to have seen something from him up until now, especially with his body. Is he a back pocket, is he a forward flanker, can he go through the middle?

Has more footy nous than Nicho, but Dan cracks in and goes harder and faster. He also looks like he genuinely enjoys playing footy at the Dees.

In 10 games this year - he averages 9.6 touches, .4 goals and less than two tackles. What is he?

He offers more for me than, say, a Tapscott. I don't understand the calls for Tapscott to be included. His best games for the club in 3.5 years on the list (first year he was injured, granted) have still been pretty average. You'd want to have seen something from him up until now, especially with his body. Is he a back pocket, is he a forward flanker, can he go through the middle?

Has more footy nous than Nicho, but Dan cracks in and goes harder and faster. He also looks like he genuinely enjoys playing footy at the Dees.

In 10 games this year - he averages 9.6 touches, .4 goals and less than two tackles. What is he?

Wouldn't say Nicho cracks in harder then Tappy.... few on the list do.

I'm reluctant to judge any non-marking forward this season based on how we played under Neeld (including Bail, Byrnes and Davey) they just didn't have the opportunity.

Nicholson had 11 tackles on Saturday. Hard not to appreciate that.

29 pressure acts which the triple m people said was elite , I think he was really really good , and I also like that he's Is a 70 m player , not only does he kick it but he can run 20-30 Mtrs before doing , coast to coast alone

I think his kicking has improved too, thought he has looked good with the ball the last 2 weeks.. Actually it is funny, that since we have lost that real defensive mindset and had freedom to spread, most players seem to be hitting targets. Our kicking efficiency is improving, because we have a bit more confidence and have real options further up the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back