List Mgmt. 2013 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - Finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MODERATOR NOTE: This thread is about general list management discussion.

Who you think we should turf, who we need to get, which rookies get promoted, list analysis, player type/ages etc. There's a fair bit of leeway here if you want to incorporate any trade/draft/free agency stuff into your posts.

Please keep all specific discussion about trades/draft/free agency to their respective threads though.

We'll keep the list status updated here and add any other useful information.

Senior List Changes

IN (10): Clisby (rookie upgrade), Cross (DFA), Hogan (GWS-MD 2012), Hunt (ND57), Kennedy-Harris (ND40), Michie (Trade In), Riley (DFA), Salem (ND9), Tyson (Trade In), Vince (Trade In)

OUT (10): Davey (retired), Davis (delisted), Gillies (delisted), Jetta (delisted), Macdonald (retired), Rodan (retired), Sellar (delisted), Sylvia (UFA), Taggert (delisted), Tynan (delisted)

Current 2014 senior spots vacant: 0/40

Rookie List Changes

IN (4): Georgiou (RD35), Harmes (RD2), Jetta (RD50), King (RD19)

OUT (4): Clisby (senior list), Couch (delisted), Magner (delisted), Stark (delisted)

Current 2014 rookie spots vacant: 0/4

From the Player Contracts thread:

Contracted to End of 2013

Mitch Clisby (1st year rookie)
Tom Couch (2nd year rookie)
Troy Davis
Tom Gillies
Neville Jetta
James Magner (2nd year Rookie)
James Sellar
Nathan Stark (1st year rookie)
Colin Sylvia
Rory Taggert (Assumed, as a 2011 draftee)
Josh Tynan (Assumed, as a 2011 draftee)
Jack Watts

Contracted to End of 2014

Dominic Barry (Assumed, as a 2012 GWS zone recruit)
Rohan Bail
Sam Blease
Shannon Byrnes
Lynden Dunn
James Frawley
Matt Jones (Assumed, as a 2012 draftee)
Dean Kent (Assumed, as a 2012 draftee)
Tom McDonald
Jake Spencer
James Strauss
Luke Tapscott
Dean Terlich (Assumed, as a 2012 draftee)

Contracted to End of 2015

Mitch Clark
Michael Evans
Jack Fitzpatrick
Colin Garland
Max Gawn
Jesse Hogan (Assumed, as a 2012 Mini Draft recruit - officially on senior list 2014)
Jeremy Howe
Mark Jamar
Nathan Jones
Jordie McKenzie
Cameron Pedersen
Jimmy Toumpas
Jack Trengove
Jack Viney

Contracted to End of 2016

Chris Dawes
Jack Grimes

Re-signed at end of 2012 - term of contract TBC

Daniel Nicholson

Not sure Jetta offers anything. He'll be delisted for sure. No one will take Pedo off our hands unfortunately. I'd keep Dunn. Oh and get rid of Gillies.

Gillies and Sellar will definitely go. With Pedersen and Dunn contracted, so there is no reason to keep the other two around.

Jetta and Bail are on thin ice. They are the types that a new coach would cut Similar to Bennell last year... ben around long enough without showing enough.

MacDonald will probably be gone, he's a bit old and im not sure he has the "keep as a mentor" positive age factor about him.

Rookies get turned over pretty easily so it's likely Stark will go.

Gillies and Sellar will definitely go. With Pedersen and Dunn contracted, so there is no reason to keep the other two around.

Jetta and Bail are on thin ice. They are the types that a new coach would cut Similar to Bennell last year... ben around long enough without showing enough.

MacDonald will probably be gone, he's a bit old and im not sure he has the "keep as a mentor" positive age factor about him.

Rookies get turned over pretty easily so it's likely Stark will go.
pretty much agree with this. Trade the s**t out of Lynden, he is Dunn :) can't keep Strauss and bail. One has to go.

From the contracts thread out of contract this year are:

Davey
Davis
Gawn
Gillies
Fitzpatrick
Jetta
Sylvia
Taggert
Tynan
Watts

Unsure on:

Macdonald
Nicholson
Rodan
Sellar

Anyone coming out of contract this year will be very unsure about their future (other than Watts Col) the rest will be thinking the worse.

Bail, Sellar, Davis(yet to be seen), Rodan, Gillies, one Ruck option, Davey (Rookie ?) - only in for depth these would be hard to keep. I feel Couch will go and they will upgrade at least one (Clisby)

This would give us 4 picks in Draft and three rookie picks.

Rookie Draft
Magner may get re rookied.
Ruck option
Mid
Mid

Main Draft
Mid (inside)
Mid (outside)
Defender
small forward

Pre Season draft:
Taylor Adams (GWS) - unless we can make a good trade.

If we get Roo's I think we will get a lift out of some players but think the above have no impact on our future.

Garland who was overlooked has to be one of our top picks (if Roo's is coach as he has the runs on the board to make these player start on course).

Anyway my thougths

I would be looking to trade/delist the following players: Sellar, Gillies, Jetta, MacDonald, Bail, Nicholson, Dunn, Evans, Davis, Spencer, Strauss, Rodan & Byrnes.

Not all of them can go but I would think at least six of them need to make way. Which ones will largely depend on end of season form & contracts.

Decisions also need to be made on our rookies & I still don't understand how Magner hasn't had more oppotunites this year as when he has played he had been more than reasonable. Magner & Clisby perhaps in line for upgrades?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bail injured himself a fortnight ago and may not make it back until VFL finals. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Davey - I would like a 1 year, cheap deal as he is well-loved.
Davis - No idea honestly, hope he makes it.
Gawn - OMG KEEP HIM!!!!!!
Gillies - Gone
Fitzpatrick - Keep him!
Jetta - Gone
Sylvia - Hope we keep him
Taggert - Gone
Tynan - Gone
Watts - Holy hell, keep him!

Unsure on:

Macdonald
Nicholson
Rodan
Sellar

In terms of urgency on who we keep, I say it goes:

Watts
Fitzpatrick
Gawn
Sylvia
Davis
Taggert
Nicholson
Davey
MacDonald
Tynan
Sellar
Gillies
Jetta

Would like to see Taggert play soon, I've heard his VFL form has been good but that's just hearsay. Nothing worse than delisting players without seeing them play IMO (although Lucas Cook is a nasty exception).

But yeah I except the bottom 5 will be delisted. Potentially Nicholson, as well as Davis and Taggert if they don't play, or do and show nothing.

In terms of urgency on who we keep, I say it goes:

Watts
Fitzpatrick
Gawn
Sylvia
Davis
Taggert
Nicholson
Davey
MacDonald
Tynan
Sellar
Gillies
Jetta

Would like to see Taggert play soon, I've heard his VFL form has been good but that's just hearsay. Nothing worse than delisting players without seeing them play IMO (although Lucas Cook is a nasty exception).

But yeah I except the bottom 5 will be delisted. Potentially Nicholson, as well as Davis and Taggert if they don't play, or do and show nothing.

Swap Gawn for Fitzy, tallest player in the AFL!

Swap Gawn for Fitzy, tallest player in the AFL!

Fitzpatrick is a lot more talented though. Gawn's kicking can be atrocious but Fitzy is faster, more agile and has better disposal skills. Gawn's the better ruck, but I think that comes down to exposure too.

Fitzpatrick is a lot more talented though. Gawn's kicking can be atrocious but Fitzy is faster, more agile and has better disposal skills. Gawn's the better ruck, but I think that comes down to exposure too.
:(

Not sure if this is a sad face, or you're being sarcastic somehow haha. For the record I rate both almost equally but if I had to choose one it'd be Fitz by an inch.

Haha, check my sig!

How did I miss that! I reckon Fitz is in pretty good competition for Dees' cult hero tbh, although losing the beard and the crazed look hurt his chances a bit.

That nose! Man he looked crazy at the start of the year at Casey!

Max Gawn is a joker though, with a very fast wit. Will be difficult to take the mantle from him.

From the contracts thread out of contract this year are:

Davey
Davis
Gawn
Gillies
Fitzpatrick
Jetta
Sylvia
Taggert
Tynan
Watts

Unsure on:

Macdonald
Nicholson
Rodan
Sellar
Davey, Gillies and Jetta gone. One of Taggert and Tynan would also be in trouble. Stellar and Macdonald the next two to go. 5-6 players delisted there.

I would give Rodan another year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back