List Mgmt. 2013 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - Finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id rather pass on a pick and run one short for the year than keep Jetta.

As for your theory about Nicholson, Roos went out and got Marty Mattner from Adelaide, someone of a similar ilk to Nicholson.

Marty matter was ten times the player if Nicholson
That's like saying newton was the same player as Clark cuz they were both athletic forwards

Marty matter was ten times the player if Nicholson
That's like saying newton was the same player as Clark cuz they were both athletic forwards

No s**t sherlock, Mattner is better than Nicho, thanks for the news flash. But you were commenting on a 'Roos style player' i was giving an example to counter that Roos only wants contested ball winners. Mattner was an outside runner off half back, who he traded for.

Id also say Clark is a power forward not an athletic forward. So other than height, nothing like Newton. Bad example really.

No s**t sherlock, Mattner is better than Nicho, thanks for the news flash. But you were commenting on a 'Roos style player' i was giving an example to counter that Roos only wants contested ball winners. Mattner was an outside runner off half back, who he traded for.

Id also say Clark is a power forward not an athletic forward. So other than height, nothing like Newton. Bad example really.

Mattner was a quality half back that every team needs , Nicholson is a sprinter that no one needs

Unless your an above average player you need to be more than a fast runner to get a game under Roos, which is why I would say that michie and Riley are probably both more likely to see game time than Nicholson

The Professor is speaking the language of Rude. :thumbsu:

The guy is just another BP dud, the high end draft pick wasted on him and the broken leg have seen him survive longer than he normally would have.

I think Roos will wait before he either trades or sacks anymore first round draft picks. By definition (considering the extensive testing they go through in pre draft camps) all first round draft picks are elite athletes, that is why all Olympic sports are given access to the results of the testing for those who don't make it into the AFL, and are targeted by the various sports if their testing shows them to be suitable for a particular sport.

Given the raw material he has in these early draft picks, and the appallingly back coaching we have had in the last three years or so, I think Roos will see if, with the right support environment, he cannot turn the likes of James Strauss into the elite footballer he should be. In fact, I'm sure this is the approach he is taking with most of the list.

The biggest upside for him has always been to get a 40-50% improvement in the current list's performance. The new recruits are there to plug gaps in capabilities, such as a high performing mid field. They are really the "icing on the cake"

The guy is just another BP dud, the high end draft pick wasted on him and the broken leg have seen him survive longer than he normally would have.

Rude to be fair to you - you were probably the first on the board to call BP out on his drafting. 'Prenderghastly' may have even been a moniker of yours if memory serves me.

Well Jetta's gone now as well, without showing so much as a whimper in his time - and surely Strauss and even Blease are on last legs (pardon the pun)..

Howe and McDonald are the only good picks he made (that weren't obvious such as Trengove or Watts) in my opinion - with Fitz and Gawn still able to prove themselves so maybe we will be able to add those soon as well..

An astonishingly poor strike rate given the picks he had at his disposal whilst at Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rude to be fair to you - you were probably the first on the board to call BP out on his drafting. 'Prenderghastly' may have even been a moniker of yours if memory serves me.

Well Jetta's gone now as well, without showing so much as a whimper in his time - and surely Strauss and even Blease are on last legs (pardon the pun)..

Howe and McDonald are the only good picks he made (that weren't obvious such as Trengove or Watts) in my opinion - with Fitz and Gawn still able to prove themselves so maybe we will be able to add those soon as well..

An astonishingly poor strike rate given the picks he had at his disposal whilst at Melbourne.

Yes, youre correct mate, except i termed him Pretenderghastly.

He was worse than Craig Cameron. Astonishing stuff.

I dont buy into this whole 'deep the coaches cant develop players derp' crap. Picking players is more than just, wow, look at his skill set or, ive seen him play one real good game before at amateur level, thats enough for me to blow a top 20 pick on him. You need players with some attitude and resilience about them, i seriously cant think of any players BP picked during his time that fit the bill. 99% of the players picked by BP are either physically weak, mentally weak or in the majority of instances, a combination of both.

Im not going to sit here and say im an A one recruiter, but i know what i like and i think i know what successful teams have that we don't. Heart and desire. A never back down attitude. The MFC attitude over the past 5 years has been submissive, to its fullest extent. When life gets too hard get someone else to do it.

Its in your make up and DNA, you either have the stones to not take the constant arse *******s we have copped and do something about or you simply just roll over and let it happen as the majority of our players seem to do.

BP, the man who took our high picks and drafted weak, mentally fragile, Gen Y mummys boys.

Don't think Strauss was ever projected as an 'elite' footballer, just a good rebounding backman.

'Elite Foot Skills' was the term BP used when he drafted him. Im yet to see anything 'elite' about James Strauss or even anything to suggest he could just be 'good.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back