Mod. Notice 2013 Player Sponsorship Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might just put up a quick poll of the unsponsored players to see what the consensus is. The club has updated me on who remains unsponsored.

Why do we need a poll??? Eight [8] sponsors who have pledged a total of 15 units have already supported Scott Carroll. That only leaves five [5] sponsors to vote so Dixie please contact the club and get the sponsorship finalised!!!

I am NOT having a go at anyone however this thread was started in March and we still have not even selected our player as yet!!!!
Time is getting on chaps.
Suggest the Treasurer acknowledges the paid people and the outstanding pledges "pay up" so we can move on:thumbsu:

In all fairness this has gone on too long without action

NO, according to the BHH at 10:50 this morning.

On Thursday 18th July Dixie Flatline posted "Carroll it is. I'll organise the sponsorship stuff tomorrow, touch wood." Well today is the 8th tomorrow so PLEASE find some wood to touch and finalise the sponsorship today.

I also suggest we do the sponsors draw tomorrow at the game because there is only one more home game which doesn't clash with a Hawthorn game so the only likely date any sponsors would like to attend a luncheon is on Saturday 10th August for the BHH v Peptidescum game.

PLEASE NOTE the game against Port Melbourne has been moved to the Box Hill City Oval.

I conducted a draw for the prizes on Saturday afternoon with the assistance of Closed Sessions, RustyHawk, Henry Jr and Sydney Hawka and sent a private message to Dixie Flatline on Saturday evening. DF replied thanking me for collecting money off hbd and conducting the prize draw and advised he would attend to the payment to BHH on Monday (today).

Paid on behalf of halfbackdasher.
Payment timing Immediate 29th July 2013 at 12:08 AEST
Amount $20.00
Description BHH Sponsor hbd
Destination Account BigFooty Hawks
Request/receipt number

Yep i went not much to report they announced ANZ as a new sponsor of the Box Hill Hawks and had Essendon runner Cooper (42 years about to retire and Paul Barnard's guest) talk about the Essendon football club. There were a lot of Essendon people in the room. I left straight after lunch to watch the game.

no i don't think anyone else showed up unless they showed up after lunch

Does that mean we still have 1 luncheon seat still available??

If so what is being done to fill this seat??

Please note I have excluded myself from any Sponsorship prize.

Does that mean we still have 1 luncheon seat still available??

If so what is being done to fill this seat??

Please note I have excluded myself from any Sponsorship prize.
No they had two seats available for the day the other person i think couldn't come.

I would like to know why only one sponsor attended the luncheon. On 5 August I exchanged private messages with Dixie Flatline [see below]. I presume scout could not attend however I was wondering if the next sponsors drawn for backups namely hawksg and Echols received private messages and further why nothing was posted on this thread??? I am raising this matter because I fear the "Invitation Sponsors Function" may be overlooked.

"What is going on with the prize draw for the luncheon? There are only two more home games and I doubt any supporter will attend the Casey game which clashes with the Hawks game against North. At this late stage I suggest you immediately send urgent private messages to TheFourPillars and scout giving them 24 hours to accept or decline for next Saturday's luncheon and copy in hawksg and Echols to find out if they would like to attend in the event that TheFourPillars and/or scout decline. I also suggest you post the winners and ask all sponsors to express their interest to attend the luncheon in the event that the first four drawn winners do not want to attend the luncheon." [HH]

"An update. I thought I should check re availability and the process and as a result Paul Barnard has pencilled in two tickets to Saturday's luncheon and needs confirmation by 3:00pm tomorrow. Therefore any private message or post needs to reflect this deadline. If I don't hear from you by 9:00pm tonight I will attend an appropriate post and send private messages to TheFourPillars, scout, hawksg and Echols giving them a 12 noon deadline." [HH]

"Thanks HH
I've initiated conversations with 4P and with scout." [DF]

"Great, I will now happily leave all the communication with the winners and Paul Barnard in your hands." [HH]

"Thanks HH. [DF]

Not sure. I asked the club to confirm via email as I never received the sponsorship pack from the club, but the club never responded to confirm. utensil up on my part and possibly the club.

It will be organized better next year.

Yeah I'll be organizing. Pledges will kick off in January or February, and we'll have the sponsorship sorted in time for the start of the season, pending the club being organized as well. I'll work out the credit next year.

Mods

What about tidying up this thread.

Point 1.
Money has been deposited into Bigfooty A/c and nothing acknowledged. Poor state of affairs.
What about acknowledging payments of all deposits by putting a receipt # alongside each declared payment.
If that's done I believe we will be $20. up after payment to Box Hill Hawks and this can be a carry over payment to next years sponsorship.

Point 2.
I am not sure that H/huddo's queries have been cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back