Player Sponsorship 2013 Player Sponsorship - Why we do it and expressions of interest- please signup by December 31

Ladies and Gents,

For the last few seasons a syndicate of BigFooty Hawks has sponsored up and coming Hawthorn players. It's about this time of year that we call for expressions of interest for the upcoming season. Former Hawks mod par excellence Gary Shadforth was the first to organise this board to contribute. 2013 will be my third season organising the process.

Why sponsor a player?

HFC offers members the opportunity to sponsor individual players on the senior and rookie list each season. It's an opportunity to have a little extra stake in the game, watching "your guy" go around on match day. If you have a look in the club annual there will be a list of those who sponsor players each season.

Who do we sponsor?

Posters who have been part of the sponsorship effort wear a little brown and gold badge on their username.

2011 & 2012 - Isaac Smith and Shane Savage
2010 - Shane Savage and Beau Muston
2009 - Beau Muston
2008 - Beau Muston

How much and how does it work?

Last years payment was in excess of $3000; the amount is built through small (and not so small) contributions of many people plus BigFooty tips in some too. To make it easy it is all based around "units". A unit is $20 and each unit entitles you to a raffle ticket (more about that later).

We take expressions of interest to join the sponsorship group each year at which time we ask how many units you'd like to contribute. Most people contribute $20 or $40, while others choose to contribute more. Each to their own means. If you would like to contribute privately, you can always drop me a PM.

Expressions of interest allows me to gauge how much we can afford when the club announces the prices for each player. Our hope is to have enough to continue with our sponsorship of Isaac and Shane, but if the interest is not there we will reduce our commitment.

What do I get?

* A badge or two on your profile

* The sponsorship comes with some some goodies. Tickets to a sponsorship function, a couple of signed jumpers and tickets to a matchday function are typical of the package. We issue raffle tickets based on the number of units you contribute and draws are made regularly during the season.

* A warm inner glow.

IF you think this is something you'd like to be part of, post below and let me know how many units you'd like to contribute. When we know how much we have and what we need to spend, I'll post banking details.

Hop to it.

Also, and I'm confirming this with Chief and our American overlords, that there will probably be some sort of platinum/gold incentive from Big Footy too. More on that soon.

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Beau got 3 years. Shane has had 3. Maybe provide a guideline of 3 year terms?

That was we are constantly pumping up new young/borderline players. (It's the BF way!)

2547781-mr_neo_agent_smith005.jpg

3 units... make it happen. :D:thumbsu:

$100 (5 units pls) and maybe look at Jed as one of the players

Beau got 3 years. Shane has had 3. Maybe provide a guideline of 3 year terms?

That was we are constantly pumping up new young/borderline players. (It's the BF way!)

That sounds like a good idea.

When we've got our expressions of interest and the prices we'll run a poll on who to invest in for the season.

The usual for me and a big thanks for organizing and overseeing the sponsor program again - much respect for all the hours you voluntarily commit to this program and moderating - cheers.

It's my pleasure.

Back