Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Can the Z's even read yet? Don't tell me there are six year olds on here who know more about footy than me?

"Hey I'm 10, not 6. And I look older than my age - your mummy told me the other night after the deed"

Gen Z and internet forums - am i doing it right?

Usually the closed sessions at Subi are on the Thursday before the game. We only get one session each week on Subi Oval before a home game.

I suppose the Budgies will be there spying as usual.

just don't ask them to work for a living .

Asking them to do anything and they have to google it first to understand
"WHAT" was the question and is there an app for that.:eek:o_O

Blake Kagi from ABC is tweeting that Zac Clarke has injured himself at training

Scare for @Fremantle_FC with Zac Clarke appearing to limp off the training track with ankle injury

Zac Clarke driven away from @Fremantle_FC training, can only presume to have his leg problem looked at. Dockers already without sandilands

Zac was trying to chase down Ballantyne into the goal square and pulled up short. Left the ground shortly after and was obviously limping. Said to myself at the time "follow through Zac = don't give up". Has apparently been driven off presumably for scans (6PR report).

Zac was trying to chase down Ballantyne into the goal square and pulled up short. Left the ground shortly after and was obviously limping. Said to myself at the time "follow through Zac = don't give up". Has apparently been driven off presumably for scans (6PR report).

s**t that doesn't sound good, sounds more like a soft tissue injury than an ankle. Or worst case scenario, an achilles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

doesn't really affect us to much really.kep or hannath can cover clarke, if griffen went down i would be a bit more worried. kep/hannath both can play forward and ruck, but i would like to see hannath have a run.

Don't know how he goes up forward but Hannath is a far better ruckman than Kep. Mind you Lachie Neale is a better ruckman than Kep.

I suspect they'll want Griffin doing the majority of the ruckwork though, especially with NicNat out, so I reckon Kep will get the nod as the more 'accomplished' forward.

Don't know how he goes up forward but Hannath is a far better ruckman than Kep. Mind you Lachie Neale is a better ruckman than Kep.

I suspect they'll want Griffin doing the majority of the ruckwork though, especially with NicNat out, so I reckon Kep will get the nod as the more 'accomplished' forward.

Accomplished? He's a half decent wing, but with substandard kicking/marking/positioning you can't really call him a forward. I have a soft spot for the massive goof, but he's done nothing much in a while. If Zac can't play, then I reckon we either go in small (Crozier/Mello), or play Hannath.

Accomplished? He's a half decent wing, but with substandard kicking/marking/positioning you can't really call him a forward.

Hence the quotation marks around 'accomplished'.

I just can't see Hannath getting a run unless we're looking for a ruck first and foremost, especially when Kep has played every preseason game as a forward, albeit very ineffectively. If we had any designs of using Hannath as a forward surely he would've gotten at least one game there over the preseason.

Clancee played back in the match sims but in saying that the defence did one on ones after the main session and the six consisted of Ibbo,Spur,Jonno,Duff,Mac and Zac so go figure who is playing and where

Just got back from watching training with Salim and yes the big news of the day was Zach Clarke limping off the ground early. He was then spotted being driven out of the ground to have scans done.

41 players were out there training today and it was all match simulation followed by goal kicking drills.

Biggest absentee today was Matt de Boer, who I did spot eating a piece of watermelon standing next to Mora inside the change room doorway watching the others train. It looked as though he had spent the morning in the gym.

Sitting up on the balcony also watching training was Sandi.

I will let Salim report the session in detail as I can't really add much more other than to say that there was a lot of sloppiness on the ground today and Ross wasn't happy.

The standout today for me was Tendai Mzungu whose tackling and kicking today was superb. Fyfe and Mundy looked sharp and Michael Walters was drilling them perfectly during the goal kicking session.

Best of the newcomers was Cam Sutliffe followed by Hayden Crozier, whilst Jesse Crichton butchered the ball a fair bit today.

Max Duffy and Alex Silvagni just ran laps today and Lee Spurr finally joined in full training after passing a fitness test.

When I left the ground Pav was about to give a press conference which I couldn't stay for. Speaking of which, Pav was quiet at training today and looked to be taking it easy ahead of the main session on Thursday.

Thursday's training will be a closed session at Subiaco Oval so no reports that day folks.

Nothing to add ,Harry has got it spot on,Jesse had disposal and decision probs today, he wouldnt have pushed for his selection on his display today .Sutcliffe ran hard and his disposal was A1 ,he must be close to the 22 ,Mitchie continues to impress and is the perfect size for that in and under mid,looking forward to him slotting in later in the season.Fairly light session with the main players Fyfe ,Mundy etc not getting all that involved and not giving to much away,saving it all for the closed session Thursday I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back