2013 PSD and Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Westhoff as a wingman will workout fine!

He's had many years to work out, so far no good! We cut so deep with our player movements a little further wouldn't have hurt IMO

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
He's had many years to work out, so far no good! We cut so deep with our player movements a little further wouldn't have hurt IMO

He was one of our beter performers this year Ricko

Ok, did some numbers, for now our rookie picks will be #4 & #18. The Bulldogs, Carlton, St. Kilda and Geelong all have full rookie lists atm and Adelaide, Hawthorn and Essendon will only have 1 pick.

We currently have pick #3 in the PSD as Gold Coast and Melbourne didn't pass on any picks.

Seeing as both the rookie and pre-season drafts are still a couple of weeks away the above picks are by no means locked in, just a guide for now.

Actually Irra is one worth a closer look. Quick, good goal sense. I'd prefer him to Garlett.
I dont know if he has improved much, but from what I saw of him, would not bother. Could not get in the South league team at the end of the season, and when he has been, floats around doing nothing quite a lot.

John Hart Jnr

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2010
Adelaide, SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Greendale Human Beings
I watched all of SA's games in the NAB annual yearling sale and can't work out why Sam Colquhorn was not picked. Does he have inherently bad knees or something? Does anyone know why he wasn't picked.

PS. Richmond got a bargain in McDonough.

Jumbo

In the Hall of Fame wearing my state jumper
10k Posts
Feb 5, 2004
Treading on eggshells
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
sanfl - the mighty double magpies
After thinking about our small defender situation, I've changed my mind. Colquhoun in the PSD, Sumner or Garlett with rookie pick 1 and Jurrah with rookie pick 2. Apologies to Hayden Jolly, who I'd much rather have on the list than Logan/Stewart/Salter/Brettbert/Thomas/Cassisi/Danny Butcher.

I've changed my mind on these two, no need for recycled players gp:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
yeah article about colquhoun on ports site.

so we have pick 3 psd and pick 4 rookie currently, although i believe teams can still delist players to take part in the psd but i dont see melb/gc doing that at the moment.

so we are pretty close to box seat for players really.

I watched all of SA's games in the NAB annual yearling sale and can't work out why Sam Colquhorn was not picked. Does he have inherently bad knees or something? Does anyone know why he wasn't picked.

Hes a sub 180cm, light, small defender, who isnt quick and has no actual defensive ability.

ploppy

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
After hearing Kenny on 5double crow Its clear Kenny wont be picking Jurrah or Garlett..though Coulqon is a better chance. Kenny says he wants character .its his number one thing over all others ..he wants guys who are leaders and who you can rely on which is fair enough..id still get Garlett though.

BIG MATTY T

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You suck. I was going to come into this thread to post those exact 5 players minus Joyce, and you've ruined my contribution.

How I would draft:
Byron Sumner in the PSD (or Dayle Garlett if there's strong mail that somebody else with a pick before our first rookie pick wants him)
Dayle Garlett with our first rookie pick (or Byron Sumner if we drafted Garlett in the PSD)
Liam Jurrah with our second rookie pick

If another club takes one of these guys before we do, then Hayden Jolly and Sam Colquhoun can replace them in that order of preference. I also wouldn't be opposed to giving a lifeline to Ricky Petterd, Justin Sherman or (obscure pick time) Tom Schneider, who I remember wanting at draft time two years ago but Hawthorn got in before us, if the above 5 are gone. Beyond that, I don't really know enough about anybody to comment, as long as we don't get someone like Slattery, Bret Thornton or Cameron Wood.

Sidenote, it seems ridiculous to me that we're willing to take a chance on a guy who is about to go on trial for getting pissed and attacking someone with a machete, but an 18 year old who smokes! Can't take that risk!

The thing is jurrah has some record on the board at afl level and its not only smoking that effects Garrett's history it's a lot more than that have you seen the pictures been sprouted all over here of him. But he is still young and can turn his attitude around.

But in saying that I don't know if we can take both I wouldn't care if we got Either one preferably jurrah

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I can see Sam Colquhoun developing into an Austinn Jones type player. Staggered he didn't get drafted, and I think he's a dead-set certainty to go to Port providing he's available at your first pick.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Dogs will be axing one rookie.

So he's Brad Symes effectively.

Brad Symes with a good kick. Brad Symes with a good kick would be a pretty good player.

Worth a rookie pick at the very least considering that our only small defenders are Logan and Pfeiffer. Wouldn't bother me if we PSD'ed him either.

power-ade

Rookie
Oct 21, 2007
Flagstaff Hill
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets
Very surprise he didn't get picked up but good to here he will be invited to train with us. Should we pick him in preseason draft or rookie list

Back