Teams 2013 Rate my Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

cammo6556

Cancelled
10k Posts Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A. BeanCoiNFT Investor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Oct 10, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Hey guys... With a couple ways of putting intial squads together, I thought it was time this thread reared its head again...

Keep it constructive please.

Ill get things started.

Given a lull at work I thought I'd have a crack at putting together a team with a few differences...

Not sure how well I've fared. This may not resemble my starting team at all.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton, R. Henderson, B. Staker (D. Terlich, L. Stevenson)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, M. Rischitelli, J. Toumpas, J. Viney, O. Wines (J. O'Meara, B. Crouch)
RUC: D. Currie, T. Goldstein (M. Leuenberger, S. Rowe)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Martin, N. Bock, L. Breust, T. Lee, A. Goodes (S. Mayes, T. Menzel)
CASH LEFT: $13,800

Hey guys... With a couple ways of putting intial squads together, I thought it was time this thread reared its head again...

Ill get things started.

Given a lull at work I thought I'd have a crack at putting together a team with a few differences...

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton, R. Henderson, B. Staker (D. Terlich, L. Stevenson)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, T. Cotchin, M. Rischitelli, J. Toumpas, J. Viney, O. Wines (J. O'Meara, B. Crouch)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Martin, N. Bock, L. Breust, T. Lee, A. Goodes (S. Mayes, T. Menzel)

Maybe we can rate the teams out of 10 this year.

8/10 for this one.

Don't mind this team. Interesting option to go with 4 high end mids plus a mid pricer, looks good, The issue for me is it's weakened the fwds a lot. Not many high end fwds and Bock your number 5 with the weak bench cover looks a bit vulnerable though the ability to flick him with Broughts is handy.

Personally, given how weak the fwd rookies look I'd be building a stronger top / mid end there and sacrificing elsewhere but other than that it looks good.

Maybe we can rate the teams out of 10 this year.

8/10 for this one.

Don't mind this team. Interesting option to go with 4 high end mids plus a mid pricer, looks good, The issue for me is it's weakened the fwds a lot. Not many high end fwds and Bock your number 5 with the weak bench cover looks a bit vulnerable though the ability to flick him with Broughts is handy.

Personally, given how weak the fwd rookies look I'd be building a stronger top / mid end there and sacrificing elsewhere but other than that it looks good.
all fair points.

Really trying to avoid having the same sort of team as every other year. Really want to improve my overall ranking. Top 5000 is the goal. Might drop Gibbs or Goddard for a cheaper premium and upgrade Bock... Unsure.

Thanks for the feedback

You have the exact same 4 premium defenders as me.

Don't particularly like the Henderson pick, his role is unreliable and he'll probably cop the vest a few times. And as 54Dogs said your forward line is looking very week. Might be better off downgrading Henderson and upgrading one of your forward mid-pricers to a premium or rookies to a mid-pricer. Other than that, a few unique picks but they all have merit. Also, this has nothing to do with your actual Dream Team but you might want to edit your team so it's in price order. Having Leuenberger listed on the bench and Adam Goodes listed down near guys like Tom Lee makes your team look worse than it is.

My team:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton, J. Pittard, L. Stevenson, D. Terlich, S. Docherty
MID: G. Ablett Jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, D. Mundy, O. Wines, B. Goodes, J. O'Maera, B. Crouch, J. Viney
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger, M. Daw, D. Currie
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, M. Robinson, D. Martin, C. Sylvia, T. Menzel, B. Staker, B. Dick
5k left over.

I'm not really happy with Docherty, but Brett Goodes can go in midfield or defence, so I'm waiting for any 108k midfielder or defender to emerge in the pre-season as being worthy of my side.
Is Pittard likely to play much this year? Youre obviously in a better place to answer that than me...
Henderson is purely speculative based on a few conversations had with crows players in private suggesting he is a winger... whether that means this year, I dont know...

Interesting you havent popped Swan in yout mids... certainly provides a point of difference and allows extra $$$ to buy a Mundy type...

How do you see Stevensons JS and scoring potential?

Overall, based on what I've heard of the players thus far... I quite like your team, with my only question marks being over the port players (your strength so Ill trust you), no swan and Sylvia/Menzel. The combo of those two seems like a high probablilty for extended injury outages... although with 1000 trades each week it probably doesnt matter.

Currie may not get many games with Goldstein being the main ruckman and him as injury backup IIRC. Your forwards may need a SJ/Franklin, so yes maybe downgrade Goddard to upgrade Bock? Put Staker up forward to maintain the FWD/DEF link. Watson in front of someone like Pendlebury is unique imo, but could work with Goddard taking attention off him. Downgrade Henderson to a rookie-priced player like Pittard?
Rate: 7.1/10:thumbsu: (just felt like the decimal)

You have the exact same 4 premium defenders as me.
My team:

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton, J. Pittard, L. Stevenson, D. Terlich, S. Docherty
MID: G. Ablett Jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, D. Mundy, O. Wines, B. Goodes, J. O'Maera, B. Crouch, J. Viney
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, M. Robinson, D. Martin, C. Sylvia, T. Menzel, B. Staker, B. Dick
5k left over.

I'm not really happy with Docherty, but Brett Goodes can go in midfield or defence, so I'm waiting for any 108k midfielder or defender to emerge in the pre-season as being worthy of my side.
Docherty shouldn't be too much of a worry. Standard defenders is a good thing. Midfield similar set up to mine with exception of Goodes in the mids and Mundy instead of Zorko (cheaper option and more upside though, thinking of doing the same thing). IMO choose one of Daw or Currie and swap one out, can't see both of them playing too many games; but we'll see, still January. Maybe Witts is a good bet? Not sold on Sylvia but many see significant upside as he's underpriced due to his crap start to 2012 so no problens for you there, potentially 5 premo forwards there with healthy number of premos elsewhere.
Good forwards, Dick is an interesting rookie-priced pick?
Rating: 8.3/10

Ill get things started.

Toumpas is coming off hip surgery, unlikely to play Rd1

My team:

5k left over.

Strong along all lines, well balanced and good selection of rookies & undervalued premo's. With the exception of Mundy the rest of your squad could be used as a template for the 2013 cookie cutter DT.

8.5/10

Ive done some tinkering...

Hopefully I've got it sorted...

Kept Bock. Reckon itll be worthwhile, although i can still talk myself out of it...

Brought Goodes in just because he should play thus making me money on the bench...

DEF: J. Grimes, P. Hanley, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton, B. Staker (L. Stevenson, J. Pittard)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, M. Murphy, B. Moloney, S. Colquhoun, B. Goodes, J. O'Meara (B. Crouch, J. Viney)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, T. Goldstein (S. Rowe, J. Witts)
FWD: T. Rockliff, A. Goodes, N. Bock, D. Martin, L. Breust, S. Kerridge (S. Mayes, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $44,500

Ill get things started.

Henderson is an interesting selection. Has never been DT relevant before...any reason in particular you expect him to change this year?
I'm all for smokeys but 260k seems a lot to pay for a player who has never averaged more than 65. For the same price someone like Russell is better value as he has at least averaged 80 before (2011) IMHO.

Henderson is an interesting selection. Has never been DT relevant before...any reason in particular you expect him to change this year?
I'm all for smokeys but 260k seems a lot to pay for a player who has never averaged more than 65. For the same price someone like Russell is better value as he has at least averaged 80 before (2011) IMHO.
speculative based on him finally taking a wing at AAMI...

Currently out of my side as I am tinkering at work (slow day)... but will make his way back in if seen training with the mids etc

Only my second year in and have taken a few risks with my selections. Would love any feedback. :)
Those with an asterisk next to their name are the ones I'm not sure of. I haven't properly checked funds yet (as FanFooty is being a pain in the ass) but I'm fairly confident I have money left. Will edit when I've got it under control.

Back
Campbell Heath*
Danny Stanley*
Brendon Goddard
Bryce Gibbs
Danyle Pearce*
Nathan Bock
Lachlan Plowman
Brett Goodes

Centre
Dayne Beams
Trent Cotchin
Patrick Dangerfield
Mitch Wallis
Brad Crouch
Nathan Hrovat
Jack Viney
Need someone else here, have a few in mind but would appreciate some input
Jaeger O’Meara
Troy Menzel*

Ruck
Sam Jacobs
Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw*
Brodie Grundy

Forward
Lance Franklin
Jack Darling*
Tom Rockliff
Matthew de Boer*
Mark LeCras
Angus Monfries*
Viv Michie*
Tom Lee*

Only my second year in and have taken a few risks with my selections. Would love any feedback. :)
Those with an asterisk next to their name are the ones I'm not sure of. I haven't properly checked funds yet (as FanFooty is being a pain in the arse) but I'm fairly confident I have money left. Will edit when I've got it under control.

Back
Campbell Heath*
Danny Stanley*
Brendon Goddard
Bryce Gibbs
Danyle Pearce*
Nathan Bock
Lachlan Plowman
Brett Goodes

Centre
Dayne Beams
Trent Cotchin
Patrick Dangerfield
Mitch Wallis
Brad Crouch
Nathan Hrovat
Jack Viney
Jaeger O’Meara
Troy Menzel*

Ruck
Sam Jacobs
Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw*
Brodie Grundy

Forward
Lance Franklin
Jack Darling*
Tom Rockliff
Matthew de Boer*
Mark LeCras
Angus Monfries*
Viv Michie*
Tom Lee*
whats your budget looking like?

anyone know anything about Robbie Gray? Injured? Cheap as chips...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campbell Heath might go alright. Probably fighting it out with Jack Hombsch to take Chaplin's spot in our backline. The pre-season will say more.

anyone know anything about Robbie Gray? Injured? Cheap as chips...

Won't play Round 1, will spend plenty of time deep forward and/or wearing a vest early in the season. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot clown pole.

Those with an asterisk next to their name are the ones I'm not sure of. I haven't properly checked funds yet (as FanFooty is being a pain in the arse) but I'm fairly confident I have money left. Will edit when I've got it under control.

Back
Campbell Heath*
Danny Stanley*
Brendon Goddard
Bryce Gibbs
Danyle Pearce*
Nathan Bock
Lachlan Plowman
Brett Goodes

Centre
Dayne Beams
Trent Cotchin
Patrick Dangerfield
Mitch Wallis
Brad Crouch
Nathan Hrovat
Jack Viney
Jaeger O’Meara
Troy Menzel*

Ruck
Sam Jacobs
Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw*
Brodie Grundy

Forward
Lance Franklin
Jack Darling*
Tom Rockliff
Matthew de Boer*
Mark LeCras
Angus Monfries*
Viv Michie*
Tom Lee*

Backs.. Interesting combo in Pearce and Stanley... Not many will have both... Not sure itll pay off, but it certainly provides a point of difference, and if Pearce smashes it at his new team, youre laughing...

Mids: Golden rule of DT is to have one of, if not both of Ablett and Swan... The guys get a ridiculous amount of cheap ball and sneaky goals... DT gold! Depending on what your budget looks like, you may need to free up some cash to do this... The gap you have in your mids should be filled by a good scorer, possibly on who is underpriced this year.

Your rucks are ok... Not sold on Daw though.

FWD: Mostly ok. De Boer is unique-ish. I like him. Le Cras isnt a great DTer, apart from one or two enormous scores... Darling will never be a gun, but if you need 50 points to get you over the line v an opponent.... personally id look elsewhere.

Monfries might thrive. Wont be a super popular pick.

Tom Lee is a safe bet for a bench spot

Overall, without budget its hard to determine what you can do... its definitely on the way to being a good side, but it needs some restructuring and tinkering. Any specific questions feel free to ask

Campbell Heath might go alright. Probably fighting it out with Jack Hombsch to take Chaplin's spot in our backline. The pre-season will say more.

Won't play Round 1, will spend plenty of time deep forward and/or wearing a vest early in the season. Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot clown pole.

I shall avoid accordingly... cheers

Back
Campbell Heath*
Danny Stanley*
Brendon Goddard
Bryce Gibbs
Danyle Pearce*
Nathan Bock
Lachlan Plowman
Brett Goodes

Centre
Dayne Beams
Trent Cotchin
Patrick Dangerfield
Mitch Wallis
Brad Crouch
Nathan Hrovat
Jack Viney
Jaeger O’Meara
Troy Menzel*

Ruck
Sam Jacobs
Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw*
Brodie Grundy

Forward
Lance Franklin
Jack Darling*
Tom Rockliff
Matthew de Boer*
Mark LeCras
Angus Monfries*
Viv Michie*
Tom Lee*
Doubt Michie will play games as he still is behind from a fitness POV.
Swap DeBoer for a Wright or Martin - both may get more mid time. Personally wouldn't choose Darling, but don't know his price.
Maybe downgrade Monfries to a rookie and upgrade Darling to forward premo.
Rucks are fine, except Grundy no certainty to play games apparently (watch NAB).
For your rookie mid I suggest Matt Jones from Melbourne. You have no captain option in GAJ or Swan so I suggest fixing that unless you're REALLY confident in Beams. Dangerfield is an interesting pick but I also suggest Redden and Murphy who are in his price bracket. Wallis is a bonafide midpricer but could 3rd year-breakout.
I suggest swapping Stanley in defence for maybe Broughton or Duffield and downgrade Bock. If it nets you more cap space then use it to upgrade your mids.
Rating: 6.3/10 (very unique I'll give you that) but take the advice of other, more experienced DTers more to hear.

I can see Monfries working actually. He's averaged nearly 80 in past years at Essendon, and he'll probably get more midfield time at Port. It only takes one extra mark and kick per game on his 2011 season to get him up to 85, which combined with his good durability record would make him a decent 6th/7th forward option for his low price.

What's the salary cap again? :p

Backs.. Interesting combo in Pearce and Stanley... Not many will have both... Not sure itll pay off, but it certainly provides a point of difference, and if Pearce smashes it at his new team, youre laughing...

Mids: Golden rule of DT is to have one of, if not both of Ablett and Swan... The guys get a ridiculous amount of cheap ball and sneaky goals... DT gold! Depending on what your budget looks like, you may need to free up some cash to do this... The gap you have in your mids should be filled by a good scorer, possibly on who is underpriced this year.

Your rucks are ok... Not sold on Daw though.

FWD: Mostly ok. De Boer is unique-ish. I like him. Le Cras isnt a great DTer, apart from one or two enormous scores... Darling will never be a gun, but if you need 50 points to get you over the line v an opponent.... personally id look elsewhere.

Monfries might thrive. Wont be a super popular pick.

Tom Lee is a safe bet for a bench spot

Overall, without budget its hard to determine what you can do... its definitely on the way to being a good side, but it needs some restructuring and tinkering. Any specific questions feel free to ask
Pearce I have a lot of faith in; adding some pace in Freo's midfield will make him a very valuable player. A risk and slightly unique, but one I'm confident will pay off.
Stanley I think will have a breakout year, but that said I'm open to change with him.

Alright, I'll work Ablett/Swan in there once I get my cap under control.

Who is an option for Daw's bench spot?

To be honest, LeCras' selection was unplanned until I saw his price; I think he'd rise. That said though I'm still unsure.
Alright, I'll look at switching out Darling too.

Cheers mate, gives me some stuff to think about. :thumbsu:

Doubt Michie will play games as he still is behind from a fitness POV.
Swap DeBoer for a Wright or Martin - both may get more mid time. Personally wouldn't choose Darling, but don't know his price.
Maybe downgrade Monfries to a rookie and upgrade Darling to forward premo.
Rucks are fine, except Grundy no certainty to play games apparently (watch NAB).
For your rookie mid I suggest Matt Jones from Melbourne. You have no captain option in GAJ or Swan so I suggest fixing that unless you're REALLY confident in Beams. Dangerfield is an interesting pick but I also suggest Redden and Murphy who are in his price bracket. Wallis is a bonafide midpricer but could 3rd year-breakout.
I suggest swapping Stanley in defence for maybe Broughton or Duffield and downgrade Bock. If it nets you more cap space then use it to upgrade your mids.
Rating: 6.3/10 (very unique I'll give you that) but take the advice of other, more experienced DTers more to hear.
Ah okay, fair enough. Who's an option there for Michie?
Will consider switching out de Boer but he's a risky/unique pick that I'm quite keen on.
Yeah, I'm going to watch every NAB Cup match I can, so this is just a preliminary team. NAB Cup form may change things.
Thanks, I'll consider all of that for my midfield. :thumbsu:
Broughton is thought to be really, really risky isn't he?

Thanks for all your help!

What's the salary cap again? :p

Pearce I have a lot of faith in; adding some pace in Freo's midfield will make him a very valuable player. A risk and slightly unique, but one I'm confident will pay off.
Stanley I think will have a breakout year, but that said I'm open to change with him.

Alright, I'll work Ablett/Swan in there once I get my cap under control.

Who is an option for Daw's bench spot?

To be honest, LeCras' selection was unplanned until I saw his price; I think he'd rise. That said though I'm still unsure.
Alright, I'll look at switching out Darling too.

Cheers mate, gives me some stuff to think about. :thumbsu:

Ah okay, fair enough. Who's an option there for Michie?
Will consider switching out de Boer but he's a risky/unique pick that I'm quite keen on.
Yeah, I'm going to watch every NAB Cup match I can, so this is just a preliminary team. NAB Cup form may change things.
Thanks, I'll consider all of that for my midfield. :thumbsu:
Broughton is thought to be really, really risky isn't he?

Thanks for all your help!

the options for rookie rucks and fwds are really slim this year... I would suggest Mayes, Menzel or even Staker (not a rookie i know) for the forwards and witts, grundy, currie, rowe for the ruck bench... All speculativ and all need injuries to get a game it seems.

the options for rookie rucks and fwds are really slim this year... I would suggest Mayes, Menzel or even Staker (not a rookie i know) for the forwards and witts, grundy, currie, rowe for the ruck bench... All speculativ and all need injuries to get a game it seems.
Mayes is soft and has literally no inside game, I'm a little iffy on him to be honest. Menzel is a possibility, but is on my midfield bench. Staker's injuries scare me to be honest.

I'll consider them for rucks though, thanks. :thumbsu:
I've almost finished getting prices for my team; what's the salary cap this year?

My team:

5k left over.

Nice team GP, looks clean.

Sub rule means 2 rookies on any line is a big risk now but if there's anywhere to do it the backs is the place. They tend to be given a role rather than mids / fwds who are regularly subs. A base price mid will definitely appear through the Nab, meaning Goodes can go to the Backs and it's even stronger. Menzel I'm not sold on at this stage but can be a price marker for any fwd rookie (McCaffer / Lee etc) who comes through.

SJ is a flat track bully and has a tough starting 8-9 weeks, then it opens up. Might be a better trade in option. Other than that looks very good IMO

Mayes is soft and has literally no inside game, I'm a little iffy on him to be honest. Menzel is a possibility, but is on my midfield bench. Staker's injuries scare me to be honest.

I'll consider them for rucks though, thanks. :thumbsu:
I've almost finished getting prices for my team; what's the salary cap this year?
9.139mill
Mayes having no inside games doesnt necessarily matter... Its why blokes like Swan rock at DT... let other blokes dig it out for him...

Its a matter of whether you think mayes is going to earn you more money than anyone else in his price range, because with the amount of trades on offer this year, you wont need to keep him.

9.139mill
Mayes having no inside games doesnt necessarily matter... Its why blokes like Swan rock at DT... let other blokes dig it out for him...

Its a matter of whether you think mayes is going to earn you more money than anyone else in his price range, because with the amount of trades on offer this year, you wont need to keep him.
Got 600k to spare then, I'm at $8,522,100.
Fair enough, I'll consider him. Gonna play around with some other options to fill the cap and will post it up when I'm done. Thanks again mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back