Teams 2013 Rate my SuperCoach Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all this talk about which rookies to put into your round one team, is their anybody that you are thinking that will slot straight into your team mid way through the season as a downgrade cash cow, e.g. Dayne Zorko and Sam Gibson?

With all this talk about which rookies to put into your round one team, is their anybody that you are thinking that will slot straight into your team mid way through the season as a downgrade cash cow, e.g. Dayne Zorko and Sam Gibson?
Can't even know who's going to be playing RD1 for sure let alone 10 rounds in.

Def: B Goddard, B Gibbs, C Yarran, B Goodes, J Pittard, H Hartlett (S Docherty, S Colquhoun)

Mid: G Ablett, S Pendlebury, M Murphy, J Bartel, R Sloane, T Liberatore, K Stevens, J Omeara (B Crouch, J Viney)

Ruc: T Goldstein, M Leuenberger (D Gorringe, L McBean)

For: L Franklin, T Rockliff, L Breust, M LeCras, B Staker, B Macaffer (J Simpson, T Lee)

Cash Left $31,700

Thoughts?

Backs; Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Yarran, Bock, Vlastuin, Osborne, Terlich,
Mids;Ablett; Swan, Cotchin, Murphy, Ball, Wines, Mayes, Crouch,Omeara, Viney,
Rucks; Goldstien, Leuenberger, Witts, Currie,
Forwards;Cox, Rockliff, Johnson, Martin, Varcoe, Staker, Simpson, Lee
thoughts

Very rough draft @ 1am.
Not sure what to change at the moment, just by looking at it i think it's fine but I've failed every other year so who am i to know? :p

Defenders: B.Goddard, G.Birchall, J.Grimes, N.Vlaustin, B.Goodes, S.Docherty [D.Terlich, S.Colquhoun]

Midfielders: S.Pendlebury(C), J.Watson(VC), J.Selwood, T.Cotchin, M.Murphy, L.Whitfield, O.Wines, J.O'Meara [B.Crouch, J.Viney]

Rucks: T.Goldstein, M.Leuenberger [D.Currie, B.Grundy]

Forwards: L.Franklin, T.Rockliff, G.Broughton, T.Cloke, M.LeCras, T.Varcoe [B.Staker, S.Kerridge]

Backline looks pretty weak but i guess i'll get a better indication of things after the NAB cup.

DEF:
Shaw
Birchall
Pearce
Heppell
Bock
Staker

Docherty
Stevenson

MID:
Pendlebury
Watson
Cotchin
Mitchell
Thompson
Wines
Crouch
O'Meara

Hrovet
Viney

RUCKS:
Cox
Luenberger

Grundy
Currie

FORWARDS:
Rockliff
Johnson
Cloke
Jetta
Mayes
Menzel

Jaksch
Dick

A few I'm iffy on. I think Cloke could have a bigger year this season. I think Pearce will benefit from playing in a better side on the wider Subiaco. It is only a first draft and Jetta could be a decent POD.

First draft, will exchange rookies after NAB cup and round 1 team lists, but I'm happy with where I'm at in this early early stage.

Backs. Goddard, Shaw, Broughton, Pederson, B.Goodes, Docherty / Terlich, Colquhoun.
Mids. Swan, Watson, Cotchin, Greene, Gibson, Varcoe, Crouch, Viney / Kerridge, O'Meara.
Rucks. Cox, Burger / Daw, Grundy.
Fwds. Franklin, Pavlich, Walker, Rockliff, LeCras, Staker / Macaffer, T. Lee.

For all people who are making teams with any mid-pricers (such as players who are returning from injury or kids on the rise), a good tip is to look at the top 10 for each position and ask yourself if that player will be in that top 10, or at least close to it by the end of the year. If the answer is no, then you seriously need to think about getting rid of them.

Whilst it sounds mighty appealing to pick up a cheap player like Moloney or Varcoe as they will almost certainly improve for you, they will never reach that top 10 scoring average, so will either need to be traded, or will be taking up space in your team. You can always afford to maybe keep one of these types of players per line, however only if they're not far off from the leaders. The point of these types of players is to get them cheap and keep them all year. If that isn't looking like that's going to happen, then they're only going to be useful as a cash-cow, and they won't be very good at that since they will only rise by approx $150k maximum, whereas rookies can rise by up to $350k.

What do you guys think of this. VERY rough at this stage, will refine it tomorrow.

Backs: Goddard, Broughton, Atley, Ellis, Bock, Plowman
INT: Colquhoun, Vlastuin

Mids: Ablett, Cotchin, S. Johnson, Moloney, Ball, Embley, D. Martin, O'Meara
INT: Crouch, Viney

Ruck: Roughead, Goldstein
INT: Leuenberger, Grundy

Forward: Pavlich, J. Riewoldt, M. LeCras, J. Kennedy, T. Varcoe, T. Lee
INT: T. Menzel, S. Kerridge

What do you guys think of this. VERY rough at this stage, will refine it tomorrow.

Backs: Goddard, Broughton, Atley, Ellis, Bock, Plowman
INT: Colquhoun, Vlastuin

Mids: Ablett, Cotchin, S. Johnson, Moloney, Ball, Embley, D. Martin, O'Meara
INT: Crouch, Viney

Ruck: Roughead, Goldstein
INT: Leuenberger, Grundy

Forward: Pavlich, J. Riewoldt, M. LeCras, J. Kennedy, T. Varcoe, T. Lee
INT: T. Menzel, S. Kerridge

Very interesting set up, think you might have a few to many risky type picks such as Varcoe, Ball, Embley, Lecras, Atley, Bock, could pay off, but some of these guys might not make you enough cash.

Was hoping for feedback on my team,
Backs; Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Hanley, Pittard, Terlich (Docherty, Stevenson)
Mids; Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Muprhy, Mundy, Couch, O'Meara, Viney (Mitchell, Hrovat)
Rucks; Goldstein, Leuenberger (Grundy, Currie)
Fwds; Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Wright, T Menzel, Staker (Lee, Neade)

Can't decide between 4/5 premium starting Mids. If I decided with 4 it would mean dropping Mundy and replacing him with a Rookie and adding either Birchall or Martin. What are peoples thoughts on that?

For all people who are making teams with any mid-pricers (such as players who are returning from injury or kids on the rise), a good tip is to look at the top 10 for each position and ask yourself if that player will be in that top 10, or at least close to it by the end of the year. If the answer is no, then you seriously need to think about getting rid of them.

Whilst it sounds mighty appealing to pick up a cheap player like Moloney or Varcoe as they will almost certainly improve for you, they will never reach that top 10 scoring average, so will either need to be traded, or will be taking up space in your team. You can always afford to maybe keep one of these types of players per line, however only if they're not far off from the leaders. The point of these types of players is to get them cheap and keep them all year. If that isn't looking like that's going to happen, then they're only going to be useful as a cash-cow, and they won't be very good at that since they will only rise by approx $150k maximum, whereas rookies can rise by up to $350k.

The teams who do really well in Supercoach are the teams who are lucky enough to pick the best performing mid-pricers, not really those who go for the pure premium-rookie formula. Of course it is risky, but those who started with Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Stanton and S Selwood last year were miles ahead of those who didn't.

Of course the difficulty is trying to predict which mid-pricers are the lucky mid-pricers. No easy task. But with so many Supercoach players, somebody WILL pick them.

Premium-rookie is safe, mid-pricers are risky. Pick your poison.

Couldn't agree more although don't go sharing this with too many people. New rules are making the game easier and easier by the year as it is.

The teams who do really well in Supercoach are the teams who are lucky enough to pick the best performing mid-pricers, not really those who go for the pure premium-rookie formula. Of course it is risky, but those who started with Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Stanton and S Selwood last year were miles ahead of those who didn't.

Of course the difficulty is trying to predict which mid-pricers are the lucky mid-pricers. No easy task. But with so many Supercoach players, somebody WILL pick them.

Premium-rookie is safe, mid-pricers are risky. Pick your poison.
You're kind of proving his point there. Dangermouse ended top ten and I would have said Beams ahead of Sidey. Stanton would have hurt more teams than he helped last year burning everyone at the business end like he does every year. Scooter - meh. He started at $445,800 and finished at $485,100 ranked 27th for midfielders. Surely you're better off getting an extra 10-15 points a week from a genuine gun and taking what I think is the bigger risk in trying to pick the rookie who will get an extra 150-200k?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're kind of proving his point there. Dangermouse ended top ten and I would have said Beams ahead of Sidey. Stanton would have hurt more teams than he helped last year burning everyone at the business end like he does every year. Scooter - meh. He started at $445,800 and finished at $485,100 ranked 27th for midfielders. Surely you're better off getting an extra 10-15 points a week from a genuine gun and taking what I think is the bigger risk in trying to pick the rookie who will get an extra 150-200k?

Not really - point was that danger, sidey, beams, stanton, clancee pearce to a lesser extent were not priced as premiums - yet by end (except for stanton & pearce) were well and truly premiums and those who started with them did not need to trade to get them in. Stanton was exceptional for maybe the first 8 rounds - if you had off-loaded him then as his train derailed to say a ROK or someone else who began to fly you would have been miles in front. The ones just belwo premium status are the biggest gamble - will they step up to premium status or will they just flop along as 80-90averages

QUESTION: Is Pederson the only Ruck/Defender in the comp??If so is he not actually a duel position player as he cannot be swapped with anyone in case of injury? You can only pick him as a defender or ruckman and he stays there for the season??

My first attempt...

DEFENDERS
B Goddard (ESS) - $541,500
B Gibbs (CARL) - $509,800
G Broughton (GC) - $441,900
N Bock (GC) - $297,400
L Plowman (GWS) - $189,500
N Vlastuin (RICH) - $159,500

S Docherty (BRIS) - $115,900
S Colquhoun (PORT) - $109,500

MIDFIELDERS
G Ablett (GC) - $740,500
D Swan (COLL) - $675,300
N Fyfe (FRE) - $498,800
D Tyson (GWS) - $299,100
L Whitefield (GWS) - $199,500
J Toumpas (MEL) - $184,500
O Wines (PORT) - $169,500
J O'Meara (GC) - $115,900

B Crouch (ADEL) - $115,900
J Viney (MEL) - $109,500

RUCKS
S Jacobs (ADEL) - $546,300
S Mumford (SYD) - $486,900

M Daw (KAN) - $115,900
S Rowe (CARL) - $115,900

FORWARDS
L Franklin (HAW) - $618,000
T Walker (ADEL) - $536,000
D Thomas (COLL) - $515,800
D Martin (RICH) - $473,500
T Varcoe (GEEL) - $268,900
C Knights (RICH) - $248,300

S Byrnes (MEL) - $230,100
B Macaffer (COLL) - $128,000

$242,900 left in the bank

Any thoughts??

As toxic said, it doesn't matter if they were premium at the end of the year so long as you trade them out at the right time (another risk that some lucky bastard will get right). Stanton and Scooter made a lot of early season points to give the leaders a points advantage over the field as well as money. It's hard to catch up later in the season when teams look more and more the same.

This year we have more trades as well so the option of trading out players who have peaked becomes more viable.

QUESTION: Is Pederson the only Ruck/Defender in the comp??If so is he not actually a duel position player as he cannot be swapped with anyone in case of injury? You can only pick him as a defender or ruckman and he stays there for the season??

yes he is the only one i think, but he is dpp - say you have him as a defender and looneyburger gets injured and u have him as a ruck, you swap pederson into the rucks and bring in a defender in place of pederson. It gives yo some flexibility when trading - just not on a week to week swap/coverage basis

My first attempt...

DEFENDERS
B Goddard (ESS) - $541,500
B Gibbs (CARL) - $509,800
G Broughton (GC) - $441,900
N Bock (GC) - $297,400
L Plowman (GWS) - $189,500
N Vlastuin (RICH) - $159,500

S Docherty (BRIS) - $115,900
S Colquhoun (PORT) - $109,500

MIDFIELDERS
G Ablett (GC) - $740,500
D Swan (COLL) - $675,300
N Fyfe (FRE) - $498,800
D Tyson (GWS) - $299,100
L Whitefield (GWS) - $199,500
J Toumpas (MEL) - $184,500
O Wines (PORT) - $169,500
J O'Meara (GC) - $115,900

B Crouch (ADEL) - $115,900
J Viney (MEL) - $109,500

RUCKS
S Jacobs (ADEL) - $546,300
S Mumford (SYD) - $486,900

M Daw (KAN) - $115,900
S Rowe (CARL) - $115,900

FORWARDS
L Franklin (HAW) - $618,000
T Walker (ADEL) - $536,000
D Thomas (COLL) - $515,800
D Martin (RICH) - $473,500
T Varcoe (GEEL) - $268,900
C Knights (RICH) - $248,300

S Byrnes (MEL) - $230,100
B Macaffer (COLL) - $128,000

$242,900 left in the bank

Any thoughts??

DIFFERENT - VERY DIFFERENT, kinda in a brown paper bag kinda way (way too much $$$ on your benches)

Backs- GODDARD, SHAW, GRIMES, YARRAN, GOODES, DOCHERTY (Terlich & Colquhoun)
Mids- ABLETT, KENNEDY, SELWOOD, COTCHIN, MURPHY, FYFE, CROUCH, O'MEARA (Viney & Mitchell)
Rucks- McEVOY, LUENBURGER (Daw & Gawn)
Forwards- FRANKLIN, ROCKLIFF, SYLVIA, VARCOE, STAKER, MacCAFFER (Kerridge & Lee)

yes he is the only one i think, but he is dpp - say you have him as a defender and looneyburger gets injured and u have him as a ruck, you swap pederson into the rucks and bring in a defender in place of pederson. It gives yo some flexibility when trading - just not on a week to week swap/coverage basis

Thanks - I did not have enough dpp last year so loading up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back