18. Brown
19. Hunt
20. Impey
21. McDonald
22. McStay
23. Aish
24. Pearce
25. Lobb

Agree - although you can easily make a case for Merrett being a clear 2nd. Cripps and Kelly have battled injuries where as Merrett has been playing at a consistent high level each year.

Bont is the challenging Dusty as the number 1 player in the comp.
Merrett has been the best performed so far but personally I would pick Kelly and Cripps ahead of him as I think they have higher ceilings and x factor. Cripps in particular has shown he can pull his team over the line almost single handedly at times

Are you talking about key defenders? DBJ was AA last year, Barrass is also very good.
The thing that makes Gardiner stick out is his versatility, he can shut down just about anyone whether it be a key forward or a zippy small. Doesn't look great on the stats sheet but does a bloody good job at blanketing whoever he plays on. Flys under the radar big time, internally he is super important to the Lions.

1. Bont
2. Kelly
3. Cripps
4. Sicily
5. Merret
6. Salem
7. Billings
8. Sheed
9. Fantasia
10. Aliir
11. Jones
12. Crouch
13. Gardiner
14. Barrass
15. Byrne Jones
16. Nankervis
17. J. Kolodjashnij
18. Brown
19. Hunt
20. Impey
21. McDonald
22. McStay
23. Aish
24. Pearce
25. Lobb
Karl Amon says Hello.

1. Bont
2. Kelly
3. Cripps
4. Sicily
5. Merret
6. Salem
7. Billings
8. Sheed
9. Fantasia
10. Aliir
11. Jones
12. Crouch
13. Gardiner
14. Barrass
15. Byrne Jones
16. Nankervis
17. J. Kolodjashnij
18. Brown
19. Hunt
20. Impey
21. McDonald
22. McStay
23. Aish
24. Pearce
25. Lobb
You have Hunt way too high

1. Bont
2. Kelly
3. Cripps
4. Sicily
5. Merret
6. Salem
7. Billings
8. Sheed
9. Fantasia
10. Aliir
11. Jones
12. Crouch
13. Gardiner
14. Barrass
15. Byrne Jones
16. Nankervis
17. J. Kolodjashnij
18. Brown
19. Hunt
20. Impey
21. McDonald
22. McStay
23. Aish
24. Pearce
25. Lobb
How is Fantasia ahead of brown? 1 forward has kicked 292 goals - the other 126.

I have it as:

1. Bont
Daylight
2-4: Merrett, Cripps, Kelly
Daylight
The rest.

Still, great drafting by Dodoro
I think there's very good argument these days to have Sicily among the 2nd group if Cripps is there. Merrett is an easy 2nd best for me now - he's clearly above Kelly and Cripps as a player

If the draft was redone today there is no way I'm taking Brown ahead of Fantasia personally.
Fantasia has his best footy ahead of him, as opposed to Brown who has dropped off significantly.
You will need 3 full years of very high level football from Fantasia to put him in front of Brown. That’s also without Brown getting back to near his best - who is every chance to kick more goals after missing the 1st 6 games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You will need 3 full years of very high level football from Fantasia to put him in front of Brown. That’s also without Brown getting back to near his best - who is every chance to kick more goals after missing the 1st 6 games this year.
My draft is based on who I would take if the draft was redone right now, I was more looking at who is going to be the better player going forward.

My draft is based on who I would take if the draft was redone right now, I was more looking at who is going to be the better player going forward.
Fair enough. I thought the redo’s were for who you would take looking at their career overall plus what they may add going forward.

1. Bont
2. Kelly
3. Cripps
4. Sicily
5. Merret
6. Salem
7. Billings
8. Sheed
9. Fantasia
10. Aliir
11. Jones
12. Crouch
13. Gardiner
14. Barrass
15. Byrne Jones
16. Nankervis
17. J. Kolodjashnij
18. Brown
19. Hunt
20. Impey
21. McDonald
22. McStay
23. Aish
24. Pearce
25. Lobb
must be 17 ******* stars if Ben Brown comes in at 18

3 seasons of kicking 60+ goals is a rarity in todays game.

Still too low but Suitcase did clarify that he was picking to a different criteria. They thought the thread was in order of you you’d draft now going forward from today so past performances weren’t take into account.
if that is the case then he is surely taking the piss with Cripps at 3

Really hope Alex Pearce can get a clear run without injuries and he should start pushing up this board quite a bit. An AA level key defender easily if he can play 22 games. It’s a big if though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back