Review 2013 - Redo the 2013 AFL draft

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
So you honestly believe there was a question mark on Sicily’s personality when he was 17 and that’s why he slid?? Understand you don’t like him or the hawks but this is a massive stretch and I haven’t seen any quotes to back your claim up.
Once again, you’ve managed to completely miss the point I’m trying to make...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RedmanWasHere

Rarely in kitchens at parties.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Brisbane AFLW
I think the top 10 are pretty clear at this point in time.

What's your reasoning for Zerrett over the Bont?
I get that we are both probably very biased to our own clubs, but would you really take Merrett over Bont? Bont has achieved a lot more in his career (even excluding the premiership), and is more of a unique player, given he is a tall, goalscoring mid. Not saying Merrett isn't an absolute gun, but I'd be more likely to place him somewhere 4th to 7th (hard to decide where Brown, Sicily, Crouch and Merrett go)

Mainly for biased reasons as I have seen more of Zac than Bontempelli and I've felt he's consistently pulled off the most safest of disposals while I've seen Bontempelli kick it with no real aim on occasions .

Maybe Bontempelli being quite tall at 193cm makes him look more awkward than anyone 180+cm.

Wild Bill

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Once again, you’ve managed to completely miss the point I’m trying to make...
I got the point you were trying to make.

It’s the point about why Sicily went in the 50s I found interesting. Either you have made that up or you can back it up.

He was drafted as a forward with a question marks on his size and kicking. That’s why I thought he slid. He has turned into a gun intercept/rebounding defender. A Clarkson master stroke!!

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I got the point you were trying to make.

It’s the point about why Sicily went in the 50s I found interesting. Either you have made that up or you can back it up.

He was drafted as a forward with a question marks on his size and kicking. That’s why I thought he slid. He has turned into a gun intercept/rebounding defender. A Clarkson master stroke!!
No it was just a presumption by myself, It would have definitely been factored into coaches thinking when looking to draft him. The psychological tests that draftees are put through these days I’m sure a lot of clubs worked out he was a headcase

Drewie11

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sicily has had one elite season to date, whilst Merrett has had multiple great seasons. I personally really like Merrett as a player, he reminds me of Sam Mitchell around the packs TBH.

Sicily is a very unique player though and is one of the very best kicks in the league in terms of accuracy, penetration and distance. He's also an elite mark. He was heading towards his maiden AA if not for his injury and will likely be a perennial AA candidate. Another year of this kind of season and he's cementing his spot in the top 5 of this draft over midfielders like Merrett, but as of now I think it goes like this:

J. Kelly
P. Cripps
The Bont (if not for injuries he'd be #2)
B. Brown
Z. Merrett
J. Sicily
M. Crouch
T. Barrass
T. Nankervis
D. Gardiner

Best of the rest:
D. Sheed
O. Fantasia
J. Billings
T. Langdon
T. Boyd
R. Lobb
Z. Jones
J. Impey
M. Scharenberg
A. Pearce
G. Hewett
C. Cameron
L. McDonald
A. Aliir
L. Dunstan
L. Taylor
K.K.
DBJ
He is not in front of Crouch yet either

Hannabal

Club Legend
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Franger Banger
Sicily has had one elite season to date, whilst Merrett has had multiple great seasons. I personally really like Merrett as a player, he reminds me of Sam Mitchell around the packs TBH.

Sicily is a very unique player though and is one of the very best kicks in the league in terms of accuracy, penetration and distance. He's also an elite mark. He was heading towards his maiden AA if not for his injury and will likely be a perennial AA candidate. Another year of this kind of season and he's cementing his spot in the top 5 of this draft over midfielders like Merrett, but as of now I think it goes like this:

J. Kelly
P. Cripps
The Bont (if not for injuries he'd be #2)
B. Brown
Z. Merrett
J. Sicily
M. Crouch
T. Barrass
T. Nankervis
D. Gardiner

Best of the rest:
D. Sheed
O. Fantasia
J. Billings
T. Langdon
T. Boyd
R. Lobb
Z. Jones
J. Impey
M. Scharenberg
A. Pearce
G. Hewett
C. Cameron
L. McDonald
A. Aliir
L. Dunstan
L. Taylor
K.K.
DBJ
You couldn't squeeze James Harmes somewhere in your "Best of the rest" ?

Third in Melbourne's B&F in 2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rgauci

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS
Big, aggressive and courageous, although I'm not sure his ball use reflects a top 10 talent.
He’s got good foot skills. He spent half of 2018 playing with his foot taped and numbed. You’ll see this year. Last year was his first back from long term injury. The 2nd year is always better.

Top Bottom