Draft Review 2013 - Redo the 2013 AFL draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just looking at this now. Really does look very strong.

Cripps
Bontempelli
Kelly
Brown
Billings
Crouch
Merrett
Sicily
Sheed
Barrass
Fantasia
Salem
Lobb
Jones
Allir

Rookies: Cameron, Jetta, Harmes

Mcgovern/Laird/Rampe (upgraded rookies)

Slide billings in between Lobb and Salem and that’s about right

Barrass Pearce Jetta
Salem Alir DBJones

Nankervis Cripps Bont
Merrett Kelly Crouch

Billings Lobb Fantasia
Sicily Brown Cameron

Sheed Harmes Hewett Impey

Crazy draft.
I'd make a couple of changes:

Barrass Pearce Sicily
Salem Aliir DBJones

Nankervis Cripps Sheed
Merrett Kelly Crouch

Billings Lobb Fantasia
Bontempelli Brown Cameron

Jones Harmes Hewett Langdon

Think including Jetta is a bit disingenuous and Impey's pretty s**t. Hard to believe you skipped over the likes of Zak Jones and Langdon for Impey. It's probably a better balanced draft than that of 2001 all in all.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd make a couple of changes:

Barrass Pearce Sicily
Salem Aliir DBJones

Nankervis Cripps Sheed
Merrett Kelly Crouch

Billings Lobb Fantasia
Bontempelli Brown Cameron

Jones Harmes Hewett Langdon

Think including Jetta is a bit disingenuous and Impey's pretty ****. Hard to believe you skipped over the likes of Zak Jones and Langdon for Impey. It's probably a better balanced draft than that of 2001 all in all.

Harsh on Impey. but fair points. Huge draft.

Nah, he sucks. Would also have the likes of Taylor, Kolodjashnij, McCarthy, Dunstan, Dumont and Knight ahead.
This week of all weeks you say this.

god dammit eth

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Nah, he sucks. Would also have the likes of Taylor, Kolodjashnij, McCarthy, Dunstan, Dumont and Knight ahead.
You either need to watch him more or you are a terrible judge of players because he has improved leaps and bounds since coming over. He isn't an AA player or anything but he definitely does not suck. He is streets ahead of all the players you just mentioned.

You either need to watch him more or you are a terrible judge of players because he has improved leaps and bounds since coming over. He isn't an AA player or anything but he definitely does not suck. He is streets ahead of all the players you just mentioned.
Or I'm right and you need to take the brown and gold glasses off. Doesn't find the ball, average defender and can't kick. Has a crack but that's about it. Also lol at being streets ahead of Jake Kolodjashnij.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Or I'm right and you need to take the brown and gold glasses off. Doesn't find the ball, average defender and can't kick. Has a crack but that's about it. Also lol at being streets ahead of Jake Kolodjashnij.
Fair enough I will concede on Jake, but he is averaging 16 touches a game as a small defender/small forward. That is more than enough for his role. Takes the game on, competes well in the air for his size, can play multiple roles and is an average but not terrible.

Saying he is s**t is just straight up wrong.

I would take Impey over Taylor, Knight, McCarthy but agree Kolodjashnij is miles ahead and Dunstan + Dumont are better

Dunstan is close to the most overrated player in this draft. He’s been dropped by St Kilda more times than a hot potato.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another very good performance from Impey on the weekend, team of the week this week.

Not bad for a player that sucks.

Not sure how he made the team when McKenna and Saad were both clearly better.

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure how he made the team when McKenna and Saad were both clearly better.

Impey - 2 goals, 24 disposals (19 kicks), 5 inside 50s, 8 marks, 83% DE from 83% TOG

Saad - 1 goal, 20 disposals (13 kicks), 3 inside 50s, 5 marks, 70% DE from 91% TOG

McKenna - 0 goals, 25 disposals (19 kicks), 2 inside 50s, 4 marks, 80% DE from 87% TOG

You could try and argue that McKenna was better, but Saad was nowhere f***in near him.

Last edited:
Impey - 2 goals, 24 disposals (19 kicks), 5 inside 50s, 8 marks, 83% DE from 83% TOG

Saad - 1 goal, 20 disposals (13 kicks), 3 inside 50s, 5 marks, 70% DE from 91% TOG

McKenna - 0 goals, 25 disposals (19 kicks), 2 inside 50s, 4 marks, 80% DE from 87% TOG

You could try and argue that McKenna was better, but Saad was nowhere f***in near him.

AFLCA Coaches votes

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)

Conor McKenna (ESS)
Michael Hurley (ESS)
Zach Merrett (ESS)
Adam Saad (ESS)
Jarman Impey (HAW)
Ricky Henderson (HAW)
Cale Hooker (ESS)

SuperSic

All Australian
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
AFLCA Coaches votes

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)

Conor McKenna (ESS)
Michael Hurley (ESS)
Zach Merrett (ESS)
Adam Saad (ESS)
Jarman Impey (HAW)
Ricky Henderson (HAW)
Cale Hooker (ESS)

Yes because Essendon won, if Hawthorn had won then Impey would have been higher and Worpel would've featured in the votes. It's how these things work.

Yes because Essendon won, if Hawthorn had won then Impey would have been higher and Worpel would've featured in the votes. It's how these things work.

Not really. You made a bad call and you are digging a deeper hole now

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I mean he isn't wrong that you are more likely to feature in coaches votes if you are in a winning team but this entire thing is besides the point and not relevant. It started from the comment that Impey was s**t, it's just wrong and he showed once again on Friday that even in a poor team he has developed in to a good player.

Another very good performance from Impey on the weekend, team of the week this week.

Not bad for a player that sucks.
Played better than I thought he would. Credit where it's due.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back