Position 2013 SC Forwards

Which rookies will you be selecting in your forward line?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're prepared to trade him out by about round 12, then I don't see why not. I had him in my starting side because he was a high scorer in the first half of last year before his knee got the better of him, and thus he was underpriced. He looks like he is in immaculate shape, but who knows if/when the knee becomes a factor.

Ah thanks for that. I ended up going SJ so hope it pays off.

I'm impressed that Chapman scored 100. I have him and thought he looked very average all night. Scores well somehow.

I'm impressed that Chapman scored 100. I have him and thought he looked very average all night. Scores well somehow.
Couple of goals few tackles that's 25 points add to that 20 touches and away we go. I know what you mean though. Always seems to just get there in the end.

That's what the good ones seem to do, know matter how bad their game is going they scrape there with under the radar but consistent work! It happens more than you think though, JPK was horrible by his lofty standards but still got 80 and was hardly sighted all night! Good players naturally accumulate.

That's what the good ones seem to do, know matter how bad their game is going they scrape there with under the radar but consistent work! It happens more than you think though, JPK was horrible by his lofty standards but still got 80 and was hardly sighted all night! Good players naturally accumulate.
Yeah undoubtedly but I really thought Chapman was poor, no where near 100 for scoring.

Kennedy still had his 20 possies as well he was just very average and most of them were handballs.

Thinking of biting the bullet and trading Matthew wright for Andrew Walker. Walker seems to be playing a very effective role off half back sc wise and Carlton haven’t exactly played easy beats so far so i potentially see lots of upside to him other than the fact he will continue to rise in price. Wright on the other hand doesn’t seem to be delivering to what was shown in finals last year.

Any thoughts appreciated...

Thinking of biting the bullet and trading Matthew wright for Andrew Walker. Walker seems to be playing a very effective role off half back sc wise and Carlton haven’t exactly played easy beats so far so i potentially see lots of upside to him other than the fact he will continue to rise in price. Wright on the other hand doesn’t seem to be delivering to what was shown in finals last year.

Any thoughts appreciated...

as long as Walker plays HB he is a decent pick in your fwd line - question - have any teams tried to tag him as yet? as a fwd he hated close attention. He could fall into the Heath Shaw mode where he is the owner of a fwd defensive tag week in and week out

as long as Walker plays HB he is a decent pick in your fwd line - question - have any teams tried to tag him as yet? as a fwd he hated close attention. He could fall into the Heath Shaw mode where he is the owner of a fwd defensive tag week in and week out

Fair call about the tag. Not too sure, but wouldnt have thought so yet. I guess it comes down to who does the opposition think is more damaging rebounding off half back; yarren or walker. I would think most teams would be happy to have walker rebound and stop yarrens runs.

Fair call about the tag. Not too sure, but wouldnt have thought so yet. I guess it comes down to who does the opposition think is more damaging rebounding off half back; yarren or walker. I would think most teams would be happy to have walker rebound and stop yarrens runs.

then grab walker - really comes down to personal choice and believing he will continue in his current role

Thinking of grabbing LeCras this week to finish my forward line of: Cox, Bartel, JJK, Rockliff, Martin, Lecras.
He's good value at only 400k, hoping he will average over 100ppg. Should I do it, or wait for Franklin later on?

Thinking of grabbing LeCras this week to finish my forward line of: Cox, Bartel, JJK, Rockliff, Martin, Lecras.
He's good value at only 400k, hoping he will average over 100ppg. Should I do it, or wait for Franklin later on?

franklin and cyril are both better long term options

Who do you think will be a better option long term whether that be a stepping stone to a prem when their price hits high prem status, or if they keep playing at a keeper/F5/6 level. I only have 494k :(
LeCras $404k and 19 b/e
A. Walker $481k and 24 b/e
The obvious downside to Walker is that he could be played in the fwd line again by MM which may hinder his scoring and also if he does stay in def then the opposition may start putting some focus on him perhaps with a tag.
LeCras he looks pretty sharp, kind of disappointed I didn't start with him + JJK altho I have brought in JJK. He's a bit cheaper than Walker and I'd expect that they would have a similar ave by seasons end, however, if Walker continues with the way he's going he could be a good POD. (137, 70, 137, 109)
On the fixture front, WCE look to have a very good run before the byes Port, WBD, Bris, NM, GWS, Tigers, Saints
Carlton: Crows, Melb, Saints, Port, Bris, GWS, Hawks. Carlton have quite a good lead up to the byes too...
The extra 80k (94k) will be very handy, but I don't want to miss out on Walker either! *Sigh* I bet you the SC Gods are against us and whoever I choose will flunk out while the other maintains their average :p LOL
Current fwd line: Buddy, Rockcliff, JJK, Wright, Walker/LeCras, Mayes, Macaffer, Neade
Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you mate, thinking of going LeCras coz I wanna save that extra $77k which will come in handy for me next week.
And yes the Eagles do have a pretty decent run into the bye.
Mmm I will decide tomorrow :p Trades get locked in after today so best to wait it out, considering the players of interest for me don't play till Sat :)
But yes LeCras looks good. I can't decide!

Mmm I will decide tomorrow :p Trades get locked in after today so best to wait it out, considering the players of interest for me don't play till Sat :)
But yes LeCras looks good. I can't decide!

Actually I might hold off trading him.
The boat has sailed and he's not really a top-6 forward for me.
Might as well save my trade, wait a couple of weeks for my cows to mature and trade in a real premium forward.

Actually I might hold off trading him.
The boat has sailed and he's not really a top-6 forward for me.
Might as well save my trade, wait a couple of weeks for my cows to mature and trade in a real premium forward.
You can always upgrade LeCras.

Daisy thomas is fast becoming the Travis Cloke of 2013. B/E will be once again over 200 or so - within 3 weeks will be down to 400K..
Geez if he wants more $$$$ next year in his contract he might want to extract the DIGIT from his ASS and play some decent footy (unless he is already gawn??)

Daisy thomas is fast becoming the Travis Cloke of 2013. B/E will be once again over 200 or so - within 3 weeks will be down to 400K..
Geez if he wants more $$$$ next year in his contract he might want to extract the DIGIT from his arse and play some decent footy (unless he is already gawn??)

I was surprised he had 21 possies yesterday. Hardly noticed him. Coming back from injury and probably still not 100% match fit. He'll come good though. Gun player.

I was surprised he had 21 possies yesterday. Hardly noticed him. Coming back from injury and probably still not 100% match fit. He'll come good though. Gun player.

Swan got 127 and didn't have much impact on the game. Jobe killed it and got a similar score...

Swan got 127 and didn't have much impact on the game. Jobe killed it and got a similar score...

Did you watch the game??
Swan and Watson both had huge first halves - quieter 3rd qtrs, then swan got a few cheap touches in the last and Jobe kicked his goal.
From Essendon Zaha killed it, Stanton (god forbid) was excellent - Jobe was good and was clean with his disposal, i wouldnt say Jobe killed it by any means

I'd like to think so but with Ball and Beams to return I'm just not sure his impact will be worthy of SC selection

I'd like to think so but with Ball and Beams to return I'm just not sure his impact will be worthy of SC selection

True...but if he happens to pump out a nice 100-120 next week though I'll be bringing him in a week later for 400-430k

True...but if he happens to pump out a nice 100-120 next week though I'll be bringing him in a week later for 400-430k

good luck with the daisy train!
I have no space for him, Buddy, bartel, Rocky, Dusty martin, SJ, NRoo, Ruffhead, Cox, NicNat, Westhoff, LeCras, Cyril, Boomer Harvey will all finish ahead of him by years end on average

good luck with the daisy train!
I have no space for him, Buddy, bartel, Rocky, Dusty martin, SJ, NRoo, Ruffhead, Cox, NicNat, Westhoff, LeCras, Cyril, Boomer Harvey will all finish ahead of him by years end on average
Toxic do you rate LeCras to finish on average in the top 10 or so forwards by years end?
I'm just sceptical about whether he'll be able to make the jump from a solid 80-85 ave to a 90-100 ave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back