Position 2013 SC midfielders

Which midfield rookies will you be selecting?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since Boyd will be out I have to do a bit of restructuring to my midfield. How does everyone think Kane Lucas will go? I'm considering downgrading Moloney at M5 to Lucas, so I can bring in JPK for Boyd. Good move?

This is my midfield at the moment:
2nFt4

Since Boyd will be out I have to do a bit of restructuring to my midfield. How does everyone think Kane Lucas will go? I'm considering downgrading Moloney at M5 to Lucas, so I can bring in JPK for Boyd. Good move?

2nFt4

I think you need more grunt in that midfield. Boyd has never been a SC type of player, so perhaps it is a blessing in disguise. Murphy ($602K) is a straight swap, or else a plan to convert Boyd to JPK would be an excellent idea. Keep an eye on Mitchell too.

I think you need more grunt in that midfield. Boyd has never been a SC type of player, so perhaps it is a blessing in disguise. Murphy ($602K) is a straight swap, or else a plan to convert Boyd to JPK would be an excellent idea. Keep an eye on Mitchell too.

Yeah, Boyd has never been a SC type of player. He's only averaged over 100 for the last four years and 112+ in the last two years.. :oops:.

I'd straight swap Boyd to Jack. Or try to squeeze Pendles in.

He is one of the most consistent SC scorers going around. Averaged 110 last year, including a sub effected 24 and 114 the year before. Rarely drops under 100 points (three times last year)

I'd take 110-114 and three scores under 100 from one of my premium mids everyday of the week.

so there were 13 or 14 mids who averaged higher than Priddis and he went backwards from the year before??
one thing i will give Priddis is he is consistent and he very rarely gets injured and the real bonus is he does not share the Rd 13 bye

2nFt4

I'd say go for it. I like that move as a general change.

Just on Koby, he will be right to play no worries. Had scans on ribs and it was just bruising. Will get even more of a go now that Boydy is out. Also would have to think Hrovat is a big chance now and will almost be a certainty if Higgins is out as well. Has been talk of Stringer getting a game as well in the forward line.

Noticing there isn't much love for Marc Murphy this year. Interested to see why not many people want him in their team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Boyd has never been a SC type of player. He's only averaged over 100 for the last four years and 112+ in the last two years.. :oops:.

I was referring to his DT: SC score ratio, which is under 1 for the past three years. He's, what, the third highest priced midfielder in DT, but well outside the top ten in Superacoch? I hope you understand what I mean.

How do you guys rate my midfield?

M1: Josh Kennedy
M2: Trent Cotchin
M3: Sam Mitchell
M4: Travis Boak
M5: Kane Lucas
M6: Oliver Wines
M7: Jaeger O'Meara
M8: Nick Kommer

M9: George Horlin-Smith
M10: Brett Goodes

It's... an interesting one.

I'd steer clear of Mitchell. Great player, and I had him all last year, but more likely to get worse than better this year. I've got a Port-supporting friend who recommends Hartlett over Boak. Not sure on what basis, but he's usually pretty cluey with these things. They're similarly priced. George Horlin-Smith is an odd one. With so many good midfield rookies this year i'd be downgrading to someone like Viney and saving the $$$

Why is there no love for Hannenberry? Cherry ripe price and put out some monster scores in finals last year

awkwardly priced - never reached a consistent high mark, fell into the category of Rich, Mundy, Fyfe, Barlow, Greene etc
would be a gamble but one that could pay big time dividends

I cant decide on my last rookie mid. Between mitchell, stevens or hill, prob should have picked kommer but i didnt like his scoring potential based on the role he was playing.

If someone cheap like matt jones gets named would prob pick him but im not sure of his job security

gotta be based on job security i reckon, Kommer played really well but still only scored 70odd, i think waiting not reacting was the best choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back