2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Albert Park

Team Captain
Jan 23, 2007
Albert Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
I guess starting a thread for 2013 would be logical. It seems all coaching positions have been filled:
Barnawartha: Mark Sarau (new)
Beechworth: Brenton Surrey (new)
Chiltern: Brian Durbridge 2nd year
Dederang: Marc Almond (new)
Kiewa: Ryan Richardson 4th year
Mitta: Clinton Gilson (new)
Rutherglen: Darren Hatton (new)
Tallangatta: Scott Amery 2nd year
Thurgoona: Jason Sheather (new)
Wahgunyah: Adam Dodd 2nd year
Wodonga Saints: Terry Burgess 2nd year
Yackandandah: Liam Clayton 3rd year

Anyone have any opinion on how the new coaches will go ?

I guess starting a thread for 2013 would be logical. It seems all coaching positions have been filled:
Barnawartha: Mark Sarau (new)
Beechworth: Brenton Surrey (new)
Chiltern: Brian Durbridge 2nd year
Dederang: Marc Almond (new)
Kiewa: Ryan Richardson 4th year
Mitta: Clinton Gilson (new)
Rutherglen: Darren Hatton (new)
Tallangatta: Scott Amery 2nd year
Thurgoona: Jason Sheather (new)
Wahgunyah: Adam Dodd 2nd year
Wodonga Saints: Terry Burgess 2nd year
Yackandandah: Liam Clayton 3rd year

Anyone have any opinion on how the new coaches will go ?

Sarau: I don't see much change
Surrey: Um goodluck
Almond: Depending on how many recruits he brings to work with a pretty good young core group, 3rd or 4th finish
Gilson: takes over a premiership side and should be around the mark again.
Sheather: more top recruits this could be finally the year they have been waiting for at the kennel.

Burgess: reckon all his hard work could start paying off with a few wins and finish off a bit higher on the ladder. 9th or 10th spot.

so who's got the cash this season? DMB on a spending spree along with Thurgoona. Just waiting for Mitta to drag a few across from the Hume league. Plenty of movement so far.
Mitta wont be taking too many new players in as Gilson has been told to put the recruiting cue in the rack.
Apparently all last yrs players were re-signed and that left no extra dough for too many new players.

young brenton newbold from our club has moved on to jindera bulldogs for the 2013 season. unsure about the loyalty of this young bloke after we gave him a full season in the seniors this year.

young brenton newbold from our club has moved on to jindera bulldogs for the 2013 season. unsure about the loyalty of this young bloke after we gave him a full season in the seniors this year.

Considering what Yack took from Jindera the previous season and you have the cheek to get on here bagging some kid out about loyalty.. Pfff EADC... & Goodluck Brenton..!!!

So what was the reason behind durbidges departure? was it really work/personal reasons or did he have a falling out with the club? I noticed that they had Spencer from raiders recruited and then he went back to raiders? was durbidge struggling to land recruits?
I must admit that Im not entirely surprised by the news. He always struch me as a 'hot head'. He was very 'firey'....in fact I'd almost say he was like a 'struck match' on the ground sometimes:p!!

So what was the reason behind durbidges departure? was it really work/personal reasons or did he have a falling out with the club? I noticed that they had Spencer from raiders recruited and then he went back to raiders? was durbidge struggling to land recruits?
I must admit that Im not entirely surprised by the news. He always struch me as a 'hot head'. He was very 'firey'....in fact I'd almost say he was like a 'struck match' on the ground sometimes:p!!

The two guys who replaced him are very handy and maybe they will only miss his on field antics. With Spencer going back maybe it had something to do with coin or Lambert going . He would have been a huge pick up for Chiltern.

Joint coaches don't work so the one thats running the bench will be the head coach the other just the title to keep the peace

All over, the Bombers are home. start planning for 2014.

Wasn't that said about Thurgoona last year. Must have a special crop in the hills to pay for these guys.
You know who I feel sorry is Wodonga Saints and Tallangatta. They better have extra goal umpire's on those days. Will be stuffed by half time.
Mitta still very quite along with Barny.
Also I wonder how much DMB will have to pay Lavi to get Lee ?

The two guys who replaced him are very handy and maybe they will only miss his on field antics. With Spencer going back maybe it had something to do with coin or Lambert going . He would have been a huge pick up for Chiltern.
The Raiders got big Johhny a job on the condition he stayed and played with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I be thinking it will still be between Mitta and Thurgoona in 2013.
If you look back to the Hume league board everyone had conceded to Howlong last year when they
picked up the Bradshaws.
You still need to kick it to them often enough.

If you look back to last year howlong never really had a full team on the park.... Darren andDaniel hardly played any games together... Darren got injured... Now the Hume league compared to the tallangatta league is a lot different, you tell me one team in the comp that will be able to have defenders that can't play on Darren or Daniel.... My dogs don't even have anyone strong enough to stay with them. Now I don't just follow the doggies I have a look at everyone and i remember right dederang never had any trouble scoring last year do they must b able to get it down there it was there defence with the problem and with lee and a almond game style my money is on them to b right up there with dogs mitta Keiwa brany top 5 and day light to the rest

I be thinking it will still be between Mitta and Thurgoona in 2013.
If you look back to the Hume league board everyone had conceded to Howlong last year when they
picked up the Bradshaws.
You still need to kick it to them often enough.

Keiwa must be having a bit of a spend up jason bartell and guy Telford both from wodonga are playing with the hawks this year..... Barny keeping quite and so are the lions any news on them yet

so who's got the cash this season? DMB on a spending spree along with Thurgoona. Just waiting for Mitta to drag a few across from the Hume league. Plenty of movement so far.
A

All quiet in the hills over christmas. Heard Bullioh want to join TDFL and have plenty of cash. That could help Bright out !!! Nah just kidding it's bloody boring on here..........Also heard that P.Cook is going shave his back and legs to raise money for Barny Footy Club..

Here's one. List the best five performed players in the league over the last 25 years. Not reputation or bullshit ego stuff. Start with Glen Page and work on from there???

Here's one. List the best five performed players in the league over the last 25 years. Not reputation or bullshit ego stuff. Start with Glen Page and work on from there???

Pagey is up there with the best. He would still run rings around half of them today

Glen Page and then daylight to the next best. he did what he wanted on the ground and probably won DMB a couple of flags on his own.

In terms of the next best performed, Id have to say lawrence hodgkin and john tuenon from mitta. probably got over 15 senior flags between them. The great man Robbie 'grumpy' barber from kiewa was one of the best over a long period of time. was a great servant at kiewa. daryl butler was good for tallangatta over the same era but dropped off a bit in his later years. the best thing about these guys is that they wouldnt of been payed to play, and if they did get some money, it would of gone straight back into the club. a stark contrast to players in the TDFL today.
im sure that there is heaps more, just cant think of them at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back