2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all, had my eye on a few Tallangatta players since last year. One in particular is Brad Fyffe. Small wing/half forward style player who would dominate if he played at a Thurgoona etc.

Keen to hear everyones thoughts on other good young players in the comp.

I see the Nelson Twins played for Blighty in the Picola league with Kouta. Not sure if it's a one off but if they don't come back Mitta should be ok. But maybe if they return to Mitta they could bring Kouta and show him real bush footy. Barny seem to be sliding and might push for finals.

Welcome back to the stop-start league - play one week and off the next !
Ah, shouldn't be too harsh seeing the league beat that other powerhouse league the other week.
There were certainly some very low scores and average performances by some teams last round, so let's hope that they are revitalised after the break and ready to improve his round. Which, by the way, looks reasonably predictable.

Barnawartha vs Beechworth
Mitta United vs Dederang Mt Beauty
Rutherglen vs Chiltern
Tallangatta vs Kiewa Sandy Creek
Thurgoona vs Wodonga Saints
Wahgunyah vs Yackandandah

barny to beat Beechworth
Mitta in a close one over DMB
Rutherglen over Chiltern
KSC over Tallangatta
Thurgoona over Saint
Wahgunyah over Yack

See that Thurgoona had another good win today over the Saints. The Bulldogs are going along nicely, with their additions to the side over summer paying dividends and Donnan having a very consistent season in front of goal. Go Doggies!!!

Don't worry about the others, Bombers fixed up Mitta last week and will take another big scalp this week. Then soft run home so top spot all but sown up.

Looks like all but the one game is pretty straight forward this round:

Mitta United vs Tallangatta
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Dederang Mt Beauty
Wodonga Saints vs Chiltern
Thurgoona vs Rutherglen
Wahgunyah vs Beechworth
Yackandandah vs Barnawartha

Well where's everyone gone?
Have Thurgoona gone quiet after losing to Rutherglen on the weekend. Which was a upset but Rutherglen are sitting 3rd so they must be doing something right.
So DMB are starting put it together but come finals we all know that Mitta seem to put it together.

We're at the stage of the season where everyone has played eachother. Observations so far:
  • Top spot is Dederangs to lose
  • 4 teams are capable of winning
  • Rutherglen will claim the final spot in the finals.
  • Saints are the surprise packet of the year
  • Grand finalists from 09, 10 are occupying the bottom 3 spots on the ladder
Predictions
Premier: Dederang
Top 5: Dederang, Thurgoona, Kiewa, Mitta, Rutherglen

Can't make a Barton Medal guess haven't seen enough games.

Culphy is back!!! At the age of 37 the wily veteran returned to make his presence felt in the TDFL. I look forward to reading Wednesday's border mail and articles by the Holbrook Hammer about his triumphant return to the mountain men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with top spot is dederangs to lose
Agree with 4 teams capable of winning it
Rutherglen or Barny to get final spot but I will go with rutherglen
Saints been good this year but I will go with rutherglen as surprise packet of the year
Predictions
Premier: Kiewa
Top 5: dederang Keiwa thurgoona mitta rutherglen
Barton medal: McNeil Barny

We're at the stage of the season where everyone has played eachother. Observations so far:
  • Top spot is Dederangs to lose
  • 4 teams are capable of winning
  • Rutherglen will claim the final spot in the finals.
  • Saints are the surprise packet of the year
  • Grand finalists from 09, 10 are occupying the bottom 3 spots on the ladder
Predictions
Premier: Dederang
Top 5: Dederang, Thurgoona, Kiewa, Mitta, Rutherglen

Can't make a Barton Medal guess haven't seen enough games.

TIPS THIS WEEK
T'GATTA BY 13PTS OVER YACK
R'GLEN BY 31PTS OVER W'GUNYAH
THURG BY 17PTS OVER MITTA
D.M.B. BY 43PTS OVER SAINTS
CHILTERN BY 33PTS OVER B'WORTH
K.S.C. BY 21PTS OVER BARNY
BARTON MEDAL B.SURREY[ B.WORTH] OR T.JONES [W'GUNYAH]
D.M.B. and MITTA to play off in G.F.

Ah, got a clean sheet last week, but shouldn't be patting myself on teh abck too strongly as it didn't appear hard to get. The surprise though was the massive margins and some very low scores by the vanquished. This weeks looks a bit harder.

Barnawartha vs Kiewa Sandy Creek
Chiltern vs Beechworth
Wodonga Saints vs Dederang Mt Beauty
Mitta United vs Thurgoona
Rutherglen vs Wahgunyah
Tallangatta vs Yackandandah

Ah, got a clean sheet last week, but shouldn't be patting myself on teh abck too strongly as it didn't appear hard to get. The surprise though was the massive margins and some very low scores by the vanquished. This weeks looks a bit harder.

Barnawartha vs Kiewa Sandy Creek
Chiltern vs Beechworth
Wodonga Saints vs Dederang Mt Beauty
Mitta United vs Thurgoona
Rutherglen vs Wahgunyah
Tallangatta vs Yackandandah

The kiss of Death

Yeah,, the Kiss of Death struck last week with a could of surprise results. Think this week should be reasonably straight forward:

Beechworth vs Rutherglen
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Mitta United
Tallangatta vs Barnawartha
Thurgoona vs Chiltern
Wahgunyah vs Wodonga Saints
Yackandandah vs Dederang Mt Beauty

TIPS THIS WEEK
Rutherglen by 42pts over Beechworth
Mitta by 19pts over K.S.C.
Barny by 29pts over Tallangatta
Thurgoona by 34pts over Chiltern
Saints by 4pts over Wahgunyah
D.M.B. by 12gls over Yack

Five rounds to go and with just six points seperating second thru to seventh it is going to be an exciting sprint to the finals with plenty of big games and eight-pointers.
And that first big game is this week out at Mitta with the visiting Swans needing a win to keep the door to finals action open, or at least ajar !

Barnawartha vs Wodonga Saints
Beechworth vs Dederang Mt Beauty
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Wahgunyah
Mitta United vs Chiltern
Tallangatta vs Thurgoona
Yackandandah vs Rutherglen

Five rounds to go and with just six points seperating second thru to seventh it is going to be an exciting sprint to the finals with plenty of big games and eight-pointers.
And that first big game is this week out at Mitta with the visiting Swans needing a win to keep the door to finals action open, or at least ajar !

don't think the swans have a chance today. I had an interesting chat with a few barny boys last night and was told (via the grapevine) that the north east umpires are refusing to travel to mitta to officiate games after what happened against Thurgoona. can anyone confirm or deny this? apparently the umpires were disgusted with the way mitta played the game against Thurgoona, and were then subject to a huge amount of abuse from the mitta supporters, players, and club officials. the result is the league has told both mitta and chiltern that they need to supply a club umpire each to officiate the seniors game. I don't blame ne umpires at all, but I was astounded when I was told this. I know many will argue that the umps in tdfl are pretty ordinary, but at least they are independent of clubs and players. anyone who has witnessed a reserves game against mitta will understand what their club umpires are like. most likely mittas umpire will be related to most of the players:D. if it is true, i cant see chiltern getting many free kicks. and if a scuffle breaks out, don't think anyone will be able to stop it.

Congrats to Chiltern on signing Mark Doolan as asst coach for 2014, should tear the TDFL apart next year. Wolfman have you heard how Mitta are going getting the NE umpires back on side? Its a disgrace to a strong district league if one of your leading clubs has to come up with a 'fair' club umpire. If thats the case I'm looking forward to going to the next Thurgoona/Mitta home and away game.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back