2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

LocalFootballer

Debutant
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Pat Lowrie who played for Birre a couple of years back is set to join Irrewarra on a nice little package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where will he be coming from? Also i seen Shane Theodore has been cleared to Irrwarra but has not played a game will he play later in the season?
Couple of handy inclusions if true

LocalFootballer

Debutant
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Big round of footy this weekend. My tips are
Apollo Bay over birregurra by 2
South over alvie by 30
Simpson over otway by 46
Imps over irrewarra by 36
West Eagles over Lorne by 40

Grassroots Guru

Senior List
Mar 29, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Big round full of upsets! Great stuff by the underdogs...woof woof!

Lorne winning it's first game of the season. RogerDean might be able to provide us some insight on the match considering it was a home. What is the go with the Eagles? Have they lost a ton of players in the off-season because they had quiet a good season last year.

Nice to see Alvie and Irre-Beeac beat the Colac sides so it's really evening up the ladder :thumbsu:

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Only had a chance to see a bit of the juniors so cant give a full account. Lorne is still struggling to put together a top line squad and there depth will be sorely tested in the reserves- with Rob Dalziel named as one of their best... and he played in their grand final wins of the early eighties!
I was more interested in the state of the ground. Its new surface is great and by next summer when it gets a full seasons growth, will be fantastic. Also more news to come about the re-development of the ground and room which is slated to include AFL standard lighting for the oval itself.

Apr 3, 2008
apollo bay
AFL Club
Geelong
Great win by the bayers on the weekend. Recruit Roberts is a class above. Casey McDonald back at the club was dangerous all day.
Birregurra will be there at the business end of the season.
The hype at south colac has blown up and imperials as well.

LocalFootballer

Debutant
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Well done to those representing the league:
Ive bolded those id sugest would be in the frame for final 22.

Alvie: Danny Allan, Andre Delorenzo, Liam McGuane, Luke McCarthy

Apollo Bay: Dean Scheetz, Martin White, Michael Condon, Karl McSparron

Birregurra: Michael Davis, Jack Melican, Christian Kelly, Ben Boseley, Matt McCormack

Colac Imperials: Tom McKay, Adrian Murray, Kyle Roberts, Sean O’Neill, Russell Whiteford, Jye Tillack

Forrest: Sean Wells, Daniel McGill, Joel Daffy

Irrewarra Beeac: Troy Keating, Robert Elborough, Jaden Angus, Kaidan Flannigan

Lorne: Ricky White, John Leontiades

Otway Districts: Aaron Mahoney, Craig Morrison

Simpson: Joel Hayward, Brenton De Jong, Luke Weel, Mark Clissold

South Colac: David Marendaz, Daniel Roberts, Ben Cox, Jamie Armstrong

Western Eagles: Eamon Johnson

olly21

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2010
vic
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm gettin in early for next year. but from what I hear I'm thinking the dolphins won't be down in the bottom half too long with possible recruits there looking at. A proud club like lorne will bounce back. haven't had a chance to get down there this year, how are there crowds looking compared to other cdfl clubs?

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Crowds at Lorne have been down a little bit and that's not surprising considering their poor form. But a lot of out of towners come to local games as a sort of novelty for the nouveau riche. But considering the view from in front of the rooms is so good, that's not surprising either. The new surface is great and is still to have its proper grass seeding completed, which will happen once the season is over. Big plans for enlarging the changerooms plus AFL standard lighting.

So tell us Olly 21...who are Lorne looking at? Ive heard nothing at this end.

olly21

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2010
vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Crowds at Lorne have been down a little bit and that's not surprising considering their poor form. But a lot of out of towners come to local games as a sort of novelty for the nouveau riche. But considering the view from in front of the rooms is so good, that's not surprising either. The new surface is great and is still to have its proper grass seeding completed, which will happen once the season is over. Big plans for enlarging the changerooms plus AFL standard lighting.

So tell us Olly 21...who are Lorne looking at? Ive heard nothing at this end.

A few players not happy with the clubs they have chosen that left and from what I hear was only ever goin to be a one year thing. plus a lot of blokes travelling overseas this year should come back to the fray. I hope what I am hearing is true as I have always been quite fond of how lorne works as a club, esspically after the tutangi accident.

The plans sound amazing does this include enlarging of social rooms aswell? Are they planning to play sat night matches?

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't think there'll be ant changes to the social rooms Olly. Theyre already pretty good, with a fantastic view of the action, but the front of the stadium will be re-terraced as well. From what I can tell, the lights at 'AFL standard' is not what you'd call 'broadcast' standard, but the improved facilities and lights should attract top line clubs to use the venue for training. It would be great to see a night game here tho...that would be great for the league. It would be nice if Lorne could field a competitive team if it happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LocalFootballer

Debutant
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Into the thick of finals and only 3 teams left. Birre in the box seat but do have a couple of inury concerns. South vs simpson this week in a genuine 50/50 contest i would suggest. Ben cox 9 goals so far in 2 games.

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like Olly might be right. Lorne has a new committee and a new coach. The club has already nailed down a few names from 2013 which should see them climb back up the ladder and the revitalised playing surface will be a treat to play on. Its such a great ground to watch footy, especially in a tight last quarter. Lets see how 2015 pans out.
Any movements anywhere else yet, guys?

I'm gettin in early for next year. but from what I hear I'm thinking the dolphins won't be down in the bottom half too long with possible recruits there looking at. A proud club like lorne will bounce back. haven't had a chance to get down there this year, how are there crowds looking compared to other cdfl clubs?

olly21

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2010
vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Looks like Olly might be right. Lorne has a new committee and a new coach. The club has already nailed down a few names from 2013 which should see them climb back up the ladder and the revitalised playing surface will be a treat to play on. Its such a great ground to watch footy, especially in a tight last quarter. Lets see how 2015 pans out.
Any movements anywhere else yet, guys?

Good to see the dolphin boys snag a few ex players. Also heard there is a few in the pipework. Still may struggle for ressies tho. Birre hav picked up the best foward in the comp in twiggy mclean. South seemed to have picked up well and will be top 3 again. Simpson hav picked up tim vander klooster from winch. Dont think the top 3 will change but from 4 to 8 seems very even. The bay boys under achived last yr and hav kept there 3 guns that are now in coaching positions. Be very interesting to see who they recruit.

LocalFootballer

Debutant
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Good to see the dolphin boys snag a few ex players. Also heard there is a few in the pipework. Still may struggle for ressies tho. Birre hav picked up the best foward in the comp in twiggy mclean. South seemed to have picked up well and will be top 3 again. Simpson hav picked up tim vander klooster from winch. Dont think the top 3 will change but from 4 to 8 seems very even. The bay boys under achived last yr and hav kept there 3 guns that are now in coaching positions. Be very interesting to see who they recruit.
Simpson and South Colac currently looking the ones - ahead of Birre. Alvie, Imps, Apollo Bay, Forrest, Irrewarra to fight out 4th and 5th

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond

The Dolphins will have a full contingent in both senior teams as well as juniors, after a couple of lean years. Pre season turn outs have been good with already more than forty at training. Over a hundred people turned out last week for their Christmas break up. There's also some unconfirmed talk about some highly credentialed players heading to Stribling reserve in the next few months, but doubts have been raised about Simpson's big name recruit....Ive heard its not a done deal?

LocalFootballer

Debutant
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
The Dolphins will have a full contingent in both senior teams as well as juniors, after a couple of lean years. Pre season turn outs have been good with already more than forty at training. Over a hundred people turned out last week for their Christmas break up. There's also some unconfirmed talk about some highly credentialed players heading to Stribling reserve in the next few months, but doubts have been raised about Simpson's big name recruit....Ive heard its not a done deal?
Any names Rogerdean?

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Any names Rogerdean?
I'm sworn to secrecy, but there are a few well known 'returnees' - players who spent last season at other clubs...and as usual, there are guys turning up here over summer working who have been signed...highly credentialed ex T.A.C. etc. As usual these guys often look great but some only last the pre-season before moving on but I think Lorne will win more than they lose

LocalFootballer

Debutant
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I'm sworn to secrecy, but there are a few well known 'returnees' - players who spent last season at other clubs...and as usual, there are guys turning up here over summer working who have been signed...highly credentialed ex T.A.C. etc. As usual these guys often look great but some only last the pre-season before moving on but I think Lorne will win more than they lose
Boe-Trickey-Kane-Smartt-Jared-Matheson-Che-Turner-Jaxson-Barham.jpg

Are these the footballers you speak of? And is there more to be announced Rogerdean?

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Boe-Trickey-Kane-Smartt-Jared-Matheson-Che-Turner-Jaxson-Barham.jpg

Are these the footballers you speak of? And is there more to be announced Rogerdean?

I'm told that a couple of these will front, but not all. There's others new to the club and league who are highly credentialed and likely starters, including a rumour that one is ex AFL, but has dodgy knees. Rumoured only...some connections deny it, others tell me that there's a better than even money chance...lets wait and see. There's always rumours this time of year. Its a lot different when its May, its raining and only the serious (or well paid )turn up to training...that's when the rumours get sorted out.

Phantomsouth

Draftee
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm told that a couple of these will front, but not all. There's others new to the club and league who are highly credentialed and likely starters, including a rumour that one is ex AFL, but has dodgy knees. Rumoured only...some connections deny it, others tell me that there's a better than even money chance...lets wait and see. There's always rumours this time of year. Its a lot different when its May, its raining and only the serious (or well paid )turn up to training...that's when the rumours get sorted out.

I heard brad dick is the ex afl player you are talking about.

RogerDean

Senior List
Oct 24, 2012
Great Ocean Road
AFL Club
Richmond
I heard brad dick is the ex afl player you are talking about.
Don't know much about Matheson, cos I wasn't in town for a few years... I'm led to believe that the ex AFL player isn't as sure a thing as some ex TAC cup player(s). Needless to say, it looks like Lorne will edge back up the ladder...So, if they head upwards, who's heading down? Anyone have any ideas yet?

LocalFootballer

Debutant
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Don't know much about Matheson, cos I wasn't in town for a few years... I'm led to believe that the ex AFL player isn't as sure a thing as some ex TAC cup player(s). Needless to say, it looks like Lorne will edge back up the ladder...So, if they head upwards, who's heading down? Anyone have any ideas yet?
Think Alvie and Imps may slide out of the 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back