2013 SEQAFL Division 2 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Kings belted Robina today.. Their pressure, fierce tackling, and heavy hip and shoulder bumps blew Robina away.Robina became undisciplined giving away silly free kicks all day and just fell apart . Only shining light for the Roos was Fultons bagging of 6 goals from the teams total of nine.

Wow! So much for a tight contest... Congratulations to the Kings x2.
Who got best on ground?

Wow! So much for a tight contest... Congratulations to the Kings x2.
Who got best on ground?

Number 35 i think its Lovett was BOG, not a bad effort kicking 7 from CHF, the NEAFL sides really need to have a look at giving him an oportunity.

Classic game of footy to watch, the so called guns of Robina went missing and were rarely sited. Coorparoo had done their home work for the GF and implemented it tremendously well. Too many undisciplined Robina players who went around sniping and bickering with the Coorparoo players who maintained their discipline well and physically intimidated the Robina players within the rules of the game.

G.Hewson the FB for Coorparoo done a great jon on Fulton who ended up with 6 goals, by no means a true reflection of the job Hewson done on him.

Tough day for the Robina boys and take my hat off to them for what they acheived for the year, but they have been incredibly quiet on the forum since both sides were shown how to perform on the most important day of the year. Keyboard warriors at their best i take it.

Congrats to the Coorparoo Kings fantastic efort by the club to win both grades, great finals series coming up in the AFL.

All has gone quiet from the roo section. Not much to write about though after both grades got rolled. I played 2s and thought it was a great atmosphere there, probably best I have played in front of. The kings fans were definitely chirpy in the 2s game early but gee they disappeared in last quarter when it looked like they might get run over. The actual game itself was played in great spirit and congrats to the kings for winning, they definitely deserved a change of luck in grand finals. Luck was on their side early when first score of game was given a goal when it missed by a foot but they definitely deserved to win the game. Hopefully the start of a great rivalry between the 2 teams. 1s game was a non event, belting in every sense of the word. A couple of players probably shouldn't have been out there to be truthful but still the scoreline was a total shock for mine. Fantastic season for both robina teams but still feel very empty when ur not taking the cups home. Looking forward to a bumper 2014, especially with way the comp has been set up. Im not a fan of the north v south super final though, to me the teams u play all year are the teams u do all ur homework on and the teams u want to beat in the final game of the year. Cant help but think there will be a little bit of a let down for conference gf winner who goes on to lose the super cup. I personally would not care if I didn't play in super final after winning conference flag. Maybe a better scenario would be the 2 winners earn promotion and the bottom placed southern and northern teams from comp above get relegated if they are after a promotion/relegation format. This would ensure all comps would still have 10 teams.

All has gone quiet from the roo section. Not much to write about though after both grades got rolled. I played 2s and thought it was a great atmosphere there, probably best I have played in front of. The kings fans were definitely chirpy in the 2s game early but gee they disappeared in last quarter when it looked like they might get run over. The actual game itself was played in great spirit and congrats to the kings for winning, they definitely deserved a change of luck in grand finals. Luck was on their side early when first score of game was given a goal when it missed by a foot but they definitely deserved to win the game. Hopefully the start of a great rivalry between the 2 teams. 1s game was a non event, belting in every sense of the word. A couple of players probably shouldn't have been out there to be truthful but still the scoreline was a total shock for mine. Fantastic season for both robina teams but still feel very empty when ur not taking the cups home. Looking forward to a bumper 2014, especially with way the comp has been set up. Im not a fan of the north v south super final though, to me the teams u play all year are the teams u do all ur homework on and the teams u want to beat in the final game of the year. Cant help but think there will be a little bit of a let down for conference gf winner who goes on to lose the super cup. I personally would not care if I didn't play in super final after winning conference flag. Maybe a better scenario would be the 2 winners earn promotion and the bottom placed southern and northern teams from comp above get relegated if they are after a promotion/relegation format. This would ensure all comps would still have 10 teams.
Couldn't agree more theroopen with the super final idea, be hard to get up for another granny straight after winning one, I watched both games the other week , fantastic effort by the kings , 3 years in a row winning the unwinnable & the twos boys 3 flags in 6 years with a narrow loss in the middle , the kings certainly know what grand final footy is all about, never won the minor premiership but still win flags, that old saying you don't win flags in June

Is the conference final a given? I reckon top 4 from both south and north play off in a final 8 format OR like you said, winner from each goes up with 2 relegated - issue may be that the State league is heavily tilted with the southern clubs. Might have to say Brisbane = north!

wouldnt say we had gone quiet - been a pretty solid cpl of weekends after 2 grand final losses and the footy trip.

probably not much more to be said on the 2 games but now the dust has started to settle reflection of the seniors making the GF after having never played in a final in this div and the 2's making their first gf after 2 prelim losses is still a step forward. Any club that can attract the likes of people and players the calibre of Davies, Fulton and Vigus becuase of the culture around the place is doing something right.

Going to be an interesting 12 months - whether blokes stick around at the former APC teams with a greater chance of success in this div or whether they look to continue playing at a higher level - surely blokes like hooper and proud wouldnt be running around in this comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back