Competitions 2013 SuperCoach & Dream Team Questions & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He played two games as a more or less permanent forward and didn't do too well. Last week he was switched to midfield and owned it.

Almost locked him in, waiting till tomorrow to see if there is a late withdrawal before doing the trade.

Has there been any news on Dwyer's injury?

Cheers.

No unfortunately. Very little on Dwyer and we don't have a good track record for being up front on the injury front (see Beams). Supporters are hoping it's an after the break type scenario but that is just guesswork.

Cheers mate, Clinton Young on the horizon, likely to contest for K-Marts spot?

Probably not. This is Youngs first week back in the VFL. He missed almost all of preseason. I don't see how he could be fit for at least a couple of weeks, probably longer. In any case Martin doesn't play on a wing. He has been playing as a centre bounce midfielder and forward.

G'day, just wondering what the thoughts are on Pendles, Swan and/or Heater getting rested before the finals this year?

Got Swan currently and thinking of bringing the other two in this week. Do think with you guys a bit further back in the pack this year that you'll take the chance on resting your prems? GWS looks a chance, but its a fair way off the finals.

Cheers

Hey fellas, putting Grundy and Scharenberg in the side, what sort of gametime do you expect from the pai?

I wouldn't start with Scharenberg. From the latest training reports, he's not even present to run laps yet. I'd expect he'll have a delayed start to the year. Grundy will play as our number 1 ruckman so I would expect good game time, but don't be surprised if he gets rested through the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't start with Scharenberg. From the latest training reports, he's not even present to run laps yet. I'd expect he'll have a delayed start to the year. Grundy will play as our number 1 ruckman so I would expect good game time, but don't be surprised if he gets rested through the year.

I was going to put Scharenberg in on the bench as a cash cow

I was going to put Scharenberg in on the bench as a cash cow
Highly unlikely he will be ready from the get go eth. He is still being carefully managed currently.
Grundy has massive upside and we will give him a chance as #1 ruck but as mentioned he will be rested as he is so young and it is probably too much to ask him to ruck against the more seasoned performers week in week out.

Am in trouble this week with S Sellwood and Stevie J. Hope he gets off his charge. Based on the bump on Reid by Thomas, at least Johnson's was in play and not off the ball.

Actually Thomas's bump was in play as well. Thomas was actually shepherding which is legal Johnson bumped a player who just got rid of the ball. Buddy did that as well and got suspended.

Actually Thomas's bump was in play as well. Thomas was actually shepherding which is legal Johnson bumped a player who just got rid of the ball. Buddy did that as well and got suspended.
Happened right in front of me and Reid was not even looking or expecting it. Ball may have been in "play" as inside the playing field but it should have been "unduly rough play".

Happened right in front of me and Reid was not even looking or expecting it. Ball may have been in "play" as inside the playing field but it should have been "unduly rough play".

That is Reid's fault for not expecting it. Its a game of AFL and these things happen.

Hey All,
Every year I have 4 leagues designated. Leaving one I always jump into late.

This year that 5th league will be a cash league.

$50 Entry.

Anyone welcome. First in best dressed, Will provide the league code once Money is cleared into account.

1st h/a : $275
2nd h/a : $125
3rd h/a : $50
1st finals : $300
2st finals : $150
(You can win two prizes potentially...)

18 spots so if u want in msg for Tfr details.

League will fill fast I imagine. Have been a BigFooty member for 5 years now regularly posting so most likely seen me around.

Dependent on how many queries I have I may set up two leagues and have a second officiator.

Happy Supercoaching!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back