Competitions 2013 SuperCoach & Dream Team Questions & Discussion

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
With the teams being announced who should I play on the field out of Dwyer and Macaffer?

There was a bit of answer above. All I can add is that there is a rumour that Macaffer is out, but that is purely a rumour. Considering we are light on for mids and Dwyer is more of a mid I'd say he is the safer bet this week. But it's apples and oranges really.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hey Guys,

Saw Dwyer play a great game and presumably will be locked in for the next 2-3 games before Beams is back. Was thinking of rolling the dice with Dwyer (& Neade), do you think he can avoid the vests in the next 2-3 games?

Cheers

Jay

Try this thread matey. The OP was just linking you to our Fantasy sub board. All fantasy footy talk should be directed there.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hey guys, just a quick few qs. Will Dwyer likely be returned to the rookie list before he plays 7-8 games and makes good money for Supercoach? very nice game by him today.

I think they have promoted him with the idea of leaving him on the senior list. I doubt he will be put back onto the rookie list.

May 22, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
will dwyer hold his spot once a few players come back from injury?

I think they have promoted him with the idea of leaving him on the senior list. I doubt he will be put back onto the rookie list.
Same as above.

My question is more likelihood of green/red vest. Saw his game against the Blues and was fantastic.

Do you think he can have 3 more games of non-Vest as thinking of rolling the dice and starting Neade/Dwyer for next 3 weeks?

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Same as above.

My question is more likelihood of green/red vest. Saw his game against the Blues and was fantastic.

Do you think he can have 3 more games of non-Vest as thinking of rolling the dice and starting Neade/Dwyer for next 3 weeks?

Hard to say. He is certainly a possibility for the subs vest but probably doesn't deserve it. I'd say Macaffer is ahead of him for that role for next week. Seedsman will likely drop to the twos. But we are starting to get more players come into the side and that will make a sub appearance more likely. Thomas in particular is close to selection. It's a gamble.

Same as above.

He couldn't be made sub this week after his perfomance last week. He was our second best player for the day imo.
I think Buckley really likes him, he makes good decisions with the ball and he has a battle weary body.

Obviously its going to be hard for Dwyer to back up his game from last weekend, and I think ultimately this weeks game will decide whether Dwyer is a supercoach lock, or one of the first you will cash in. Dwyers game on Sunday was better than any game Didak and Krakouer have played for 18 months, so he has them covered. MaCaffer is struggling so he has him covered and Sinclair lacks the polish of Dwyer but is better at forward pressure, I'd have them bout level.
As for Sub, I'd expect that Fasolo or Josh Thomas will come in this week for MaCaffer and will be made the sub. Seedsman and Jolly out for Daisy and Hudson.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hi Folks,
Is Marley Williams likely to get games in the near future?
Cheers.

Unlikely. He's had off field issues. He's in Perth right now albeit for a funeral. He hasn't played any games for the VFL or AFL team (maybe one or two) this season. Having just recruited some mature age recruits and getting the first real crack at some top end talent in the draft last year he is behind a lot of players in the pecking order.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
They're both fringe players. Both could concievably be dropped. Dwyer was good with Macaffer a bit meh last week. On form Dwyer is ahead but that could easily change. I think they will both stay in over the next couple at least but they could be sqeezed out with returning players coming in.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Noticed an article saying that Pendles may be rested this week...Obviously we'll find out tomorrow night if its legit, but is it just for a rest/small strain, or something more, like with Beams?

He hurt his hip in the game. He played the game out. But we have 3 games in 12 days. It's possible he will miss one or the other of the next two games.

Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Ok guys, Have a very very hard question and if you could please answer honestly, unbiased and to the best of your knowledge.
Im involved in a keeper league with my mates where you keep 10 players each year out of 26..So obviously keeping the best players (taking the players ages into consideration) every year. I currently have Pavlich and someone has offered me a trade for Pavlich involving a straight swap for Elliot. I think Elliot is a young player on the rise who could either turn out to be like a sidebottom/beams or more like a Blair type so not sure on this one..what do you think? Pavlich is still a gun but might only have 1-2 years left and injuries might creep up on him with his age

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Noticed an article saying that Pendles may be rested this week...Obviously we'll find out tomorrow night if its legit, but is it just for a rest/small strain, or something more, like with Beams?
On his Facebook he expressed the privilege it is to play tomorrow and how pumped he was....I'd suggest he plays and may get rested next week if the rumours are true.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ok guys, Have a very very hard question and if you could please answer honestly, unbiased and to the best of your knowledge.
Im involved in a keeper league with my mates where you keep 10 players each year out of 26..So obviously keeping the best players (taking the players ages into consideration) every year. I currently have Pavlich and someone has offered me a trade for Pavlich involving a straight swap for Elliot. I think Elliot is a young player on the rise who could either turn out to be like a sidebottom/beams or more like a Blair type so not sure on this one..what do you think? Pavlich is still a gun but might only have 1-2 years left and injuries might creep up on him with his age

tough one, i don't really get the concept tbh. So what happens if a player retires? Elliott is in our best 22 nd should develop into a player that will avg around 80. Like a lot of small forwards he can go missing but he does tackle which gets some bonus points even on bad days. Think he had 15 tackles in his second afl game.

To answer some questions about collingwood players for those interested:
Dale will be super cheap soon so I'd look to get him in about a month if his form picks up
Get Ball in about a month also
If you have some issues on the forward line bench look at Kennedy or Martin, check the teams to see which one will get a game first tho.
Stay away from didak, jolly and Kraks
Look to trade out dwyer soon if you have him
Ruck depth has been an issue for me this year but collingwood can't help. Witts may play the odd game against poor opposition. (picked rowe as a forward not a ruck.....dumb)
If you have nathan brown there isn't much I can do to help you. You are a lost cause.

Back